Review KZG DS-3 Putter - THP Review Thread

their custom fitting is there thing though, but I get it that it will be off-putting to some.
I’ve mentioned it in both of my KZG articles, but I get the off putting part to some....that said, imo you also have to respect that they STICK TO IT. It’s their foundation and they really don’t waver.

I’ve mentioned it in both of my KZG articles, but I get the off putting part to some....that said, imo you also have to respect that they STICK TO IT. It’s their foundation and they really don’t waver.

It’s their philosophy/mission so good for them.

It’s their philosophy/mission so good for them.

It's interesting because I dont think people feel this way about some shafts that are not readily available in stores. Or custom putters and such. This one seems different and I get it, but the truth is, the same way some people acquire those (online auction sites, etc) they can acquire these if they choose to.

Outside of price, what would you guys like to know about this putter?

Which one of KZG's dealers designed this particular putter (DS-3)?
About six years ago, when KZG first introduced this line of putters, the company's web site revealed that their new putter line would be introduced one model at a time, each putter have a different designer chosen from the company's authorized fitter/dealers. As the years went by, each time a new model was introduced the KZG website had a little story and interview about the dealer who had designed the putter. However , KZG's current website seems to longer contain that background information.

It's interesting because I dont think people feel this way about some shafts that are not readily available in stores. Or custom putters and such. This one seems different and I get it, but the truth is, the same way some people acquire those (online auction sites, etc) they can acquire these if they choose to.

I think golf shafts still carry some mystery to them, which I don't know why esp if people have been here for a while. So when someone hears a shaft is ONLY available through fitting or a place like CC, it's draws some intrigue, like they are magic. I am not sure there are a lot of clubs that carry that mystique, and I don't think this brand really wants that to be honest(I could be wrong). I see more of their other clubs on that online sites than I do their putters.

Reactions: JB
Which one of KZG's dealers designed this particular putter (DS-3)?
About six years ago, when KZG first introduced this line of putters, the company's web site revealed that their new putter line would be introduced one model at a time, each putter have a different designer chosen from the company's authorized fitter/dealers. As the years went by, each time a new model was introduced the KZG website had a little story and interview about the dealer who had designed the putter. However , KZG's current website seems to longer contain that background information.

I actually do not know this. But I've seen enough here to be intrigued by what they have. I know they aren't a big name, but I feel like they would be kind of cool to hear more from, perhaps on a THP livestream.

I actually do not know this. But I've seen enough here to be intrigued by what they have. I know they aren't a big name, but I feel like they would be kind of cool to hear more from, perhaps on a THP livestream.

About 6 years ago when KZG first introduced the current DS-line, I thought it was an interesting concept to have dealers do the designing of the putter heads. It seemed to me like a prize/reward that KZG was offering some of its long time dealers, the chance to design a putter. Once the DS-2 model was introduced I visited a KZG dealer who had inventory of the DS-1 (Anser style) and DS-2 model (8802 style). After striking some putts with both models my impression was that the head designs were good, the quality was excellent, but the weight of the heads was heavier than I liked.
Prior to the current DS putter line KZG's putter line (from about 2005 to 2015) were the GF putters, which has removable weights crews. During that time I owned/played a couple of GF putters and liked the weight screw feature. Depending on weight preference a player could change the screws to make for a putter as light as about 330 grams or as heavy as about 360 grams.
Prior to the GF putters, from about 2002 to 2005 KZG offered a line of milled carbon steel putters , which were great.
And from the late 90's on to about 2002 KZG's putters were a couple of Made in Japan forged heads with a chrome finish, and they were beautiful.

These definitely have a good look to them, i wonder about the feel, have not seen them in the shops around here

These definitely have a good look to them, i wonder about the feel, have not seen them in the shops around here

and you won't. They are a custom fitting company. But the feel is pretty good on them.

I like the shape of the putter in initial post.

Back