Lake Tahoe Open III - Nor Cal Outing

Forest courses are the norm in East Texas where I've played the most golf. I love golf with elevation changes.

My home course now is neither, but it's tight so it's made me tighten up the tee game & play target golf.

Forest courses are the norm in East Texas where I've played the most golf. I love golf with elevation changes.

My home course now is neither, but it's tight so it's made me tighten up the tee game & play target golf.

That's great. You should fair quite well then. It's sort of a shock to some people who aren't familiar.

That's great. You should fair quite well then. It's sort of a shock to some people who aren't familiar.
We'll see. My game is Jekyl & Hyde. I shot my career best (1 under 71) in December, but most of the time I'm going to be in the mid 80s. I think I broke 80 4 times last year. Lots of it is putter dependent. If my yips show up, I'll be lucky to break 90.

We'll see. My game is Jekyl & Hyde. I shot my career best (1 under 71) in December, but most of the time I'm going to be in the mid 80s. I think I broke 80 4 times last year. Lots of it is putter dependent. If my yips show up, I'll be lucky to break 90.
Will be nice to play golf w/ you again sir! Glad you are making this trip out!

@Nate do you get direct flights from Dallas to reno? Trying to decide if I should use American or United? Delta is out because flying from Missouri to ATL to RNO would be interesting lol

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

@Nate do you get direct flights from Dallas to reno? Trying to decide if I should use American or United? Delta is out because flying from Missouri to ATL to RNO would be interesting lol

Almost Fiddy Plus 2
I’ve been looking at early flights out of Chicago on Friday on AA and it connects DFW.

I’ve been looking at early flights out of Chicago on Friday on AA and it connects DFW.

I am leaning toward United via Denver. It’s the best route for me I think

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

I wish @Tadashi70 would make this work

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Yes......but no....

I’ll fly direct out there on Friday & get in around 10:30am. Leaving Monday is a bit trickier. The last direct flight back on AA is at 1ish so won’t work. So I’ll probably get a 4pm to Phoenix, change planes & go to DFW from there arriving around 11:30pm. This is also why I’ll use Ship Sticks for this trip so I don’t have to wait 20 minutes at DFW to get my clubs.

Little round today in Tahoe like conditions today down here in Texas.....74 degrees, wind 5-10 and sunny. Good training day for the Tahoe conditions in August. :)

Once I am cleared to swing we should get a practice round in at Winstar

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

@SlightDraw thanks again for setting this up. You have no idea how excited I am for this.

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Little round today in Tahoe like conditions today down here in Texas.....74 degrees, wind 5-10 and sunny. Good training day for the Tahoe conditions in August. :)

That seems about right. Minus about 5000 ft.

Got in 2 rounds over the weekend @ Whirlwind Devil's Claw & Cattail. Fairways & greens were in prime condition.

Played OK other than driver. Had so many OB balls off the tee trying to take lines I shouldn't have.. Hopefully playing with guys that have played the Tahoe courses will help prevent that.

Oh and sub $200 flights from San Diego to Reno? LFG!!!

Should we be getting a decent amount of roll or should we be playing for max carry off the tee in Tahoe?

Should we be getting a decent amount of roll or should we be playing for max carry off the tee in Tahoe?

The alt and thin air will definitely mean max carry.

Drain tube came out today hopefully swinging in 3 weeks, need to practice so I can stay within 10 shots of that @Nate guy

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Back