Let’s talk vests.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you wear a vest in cooler weather playing golf. Need to add a few to my wardrobe. What are you go to brands.

I kinda kick myself for not grabbing a Travis Mathew I saw on sale at TJ Maxx. I just couldn’t convince myself I was a vest guy. I like the look, but not so much on me.

I kinda kick myself for not grabbing a Travis Mathew I saw on sale at TJ Maxx. I just couldn’t convince myself I was a vest guy. I like the look, but not so much on me.
I wear one for work most of the winter over a hoodie. Figured why not try one on the course.

I wear one for work most of the winter over a hoodie. Figured why not try one on the course.
Makes sense. I usually only get annoyed by bulk around my arms/shoulders when playing in cold weather.

I only have a couple, not sure of the brands though. Every year I say I'm getting more but never do, hopefully this year.

Yeah, have a great Adidas one that has a hood as well and makes in even better on chilly mornings.

I don’t have any, but if you want to dip your chest in so to speak I have seen the 32 degree ones. Maybe a little light but pretty inexpensive.

I am vest mafia! What I like most is the warmth without anything on my arms.

In my golf bag, I carry a now very old walter hagan black vest. On a 55 degree sunny day, I might go short sleeve shirt with the vest. On a 37 degree no sun, no wind day I would be more like a nylon tee shirt, with tight full fleece, and then a vest and then a 3/4 inch rain/wind breaker if needed. Very layered.

Pro tip I've picked up on- if the vest is under something then fitting is not as critical. If I'm just wearing the vest, it must be very well fitted and on the snug side. Air getting under the vest basically defeats its purpose. In this regard, a tall vest from Deluth trading that is body hugging is my go to practice vest.

I like the FJ one I got at Briggs this spring. I’ll probably look for a few more as they are a pretty nice layering piece.

Not my favorite, I have one from puma.

I am here for this. Love vests. Have a simple amazon one for layering, the Puma one cloudspun feels great but wish it had pockets.

Still looking for a golf one that has a bit of wind cutting ability. Will be lurking in this thread to hear what people use.

I bought two vests this year, one Zero Restriction and one Stitch. 2024 will be the year of the vest for me.

I can’t wait for the two cold days we get here in Miami so I can wear each, once.

This one is my favorite and is on sale now.

Navy Blazer

I like Fairway & Greene and this one from Johnnie-O for lighter conditions.
1699882956253.jpeg

I bought two vests this year, one Zero Restriction and one Stitch. 2024 will be the year of the vest for me.

I can’t wait for the two cold days we get here in Miami so I can wear each, once.
🤣🤣

I have a Straight Down puffer vest I procured at Chambers Bay a couple years ago, really like it.

I love vests! I have:
- Navy blue Johnnie o - dormie network
- Black Greyson Clotheir
- Black North Face

these 3 are my starting line up

With our temps, a vest is typically perfect for my needs. I wear them for work on cooler days, and love them on the course. Dont typically need a full jacket when I play in the winter months, and I love a nice vest.

Yes keeps me warm and doesn’t restrict the swing.

i pretty much live in one from October - April, because Wisconsin.

right now i'm really liking the IronJoc Vest : lightweight, stretchy, and adds just enough warmth.
they run some good sales, i just picked up another for half price.

ij.jpg

Never once in my life have I been cold only in my torso area and not also my arms. Not a vest guy. :)

Light vest- Little Donkey Andy
Heavier vest with wind stopper- old Orvis vest. Built like a tank. I can't kill it.

Work vest- Carhartt.

I have a very light, single-layer polyester zip-up vest that's my go-to for wearing while I warm up and play the first hole or two in chilly weather.

If it needs more than a light windbreaker type thing (thinking breezy day in the high 50's, low 60's) then I wear something with sleeves. Don't really feel a need for something quilted or insulated that doesn't cover at least my shoulders. I have a history of shoulder orthopedic injuries so it's really the part of my body that can least afford to get chilly and stiff.

Rhoback has been my favorite so far. It's great for golf, but I wear it all the time in cooler weather. Probably going to pick up at least one more during the Black Friday sale.

I do, but as someone who is about as big around as I am tall not sure it is the best look. But that has never stopped me before.

Back