Lets chat about Centershaft Putters

Ok ok ok I’m not here to bash the Wingman sound as much as I am to get a good understanding of why other CS putter enthusiasts use them.

Side note, this shape of whatever it is reminds me of Batman.
It's a Ping Scottsdale Pickemup putter and yes, it does look like the putter that would be preferred by the Dark Knight.

It's a Ping Scottsdale Pickemup putter and yes, it does look like the putter that would be preferred by the Dark Knight.
Pretty cool looking. Assuming that is a number of years old

To me, a CS shaft is either something that clicks for you or it doesn't. My SeeMore mFGP2 keeps finding its way in the bag for this reason. I can't put my finger on why that is - I think it's either something to do with how the ball is framed, or the fact that your hands are in line with the ball with the lack of offset or something. Whenever I play a PN or another head with a bunch of offset I feel like my hands are way forward, start working their way back and I'm throwing a bunch of loft at the ball.

With center/near center shaft putters you have less variables with setting up and now add the use of the RST and your putting is starting in a good position. Also with certain models you even do not have to manipulate your hands during the putting stroke. Ball position, setup, alignment and doing it consistently helps improve your confidence in putting.

Ok ok ok I’m not here to bash the Wingman sound as much as I am to get a good understanding of why other CS putter enthusiasts use them.
I really think the value of a CS putter is on those 3-6 footers. Easier to line up for me.

IM a double bend guy. Have used a Seemore Z3 centershaft but never rolled it well.

With center/near center shaft putters you have less variables with setting up and now add the use of the RST and your putting is starting in a good position. Also with certain models you even do not have to manipulate your hands during the putting stroke. Ball position, setup, alignment and doing it consistently helps improve your confidence in putting.
Wow thanks for jumping in! Im curious, because its come up. There is a newer grip from Super Stroke called the "wristlock" grip. Would you have any thoughts on intstalling it on any of your CS or near CS putters?

Would you say that you need to learn to use a CS properly to get the most benefit out of it? Most would have to change their current setup correct?

paging @KEV aka el presidente....... SeeMore Putters is in the thread discussing CS putters!

Reactions: KEV
maybe ill phrase my question a different way for @seemoreputters......does the installed grip matter at all on any of your CS shafted models? Would something like a wristlock grip be advised not to install on a CS seemore?

maybe ill phrase my question a different way for @seemoreputters......does the installed grip matter at all on any of your CS shafted models? Would something like a wristlock grip be advised not to install on a CS seemore?
Are you forward pressing with the wrist lock grip? If so then putter face loft has to be taken into consideration.

Would you say that you need to learn to use a CS properly to get the most benefit out of it? Most would have to change their current setup correct?

Usually golfers who switch to a center shaft putter stay with a center shaft putter. Most people use an offset or hosel putters because they have learned to "push" their putts down the line. They do this because their ball position is always in a different place. It is very hard to "to release an offset/hosel" style putter the same way every time if you do not have a consistent ball position (RST offers this). A golfer had to practice a great deal and/or having their time correct every time there is a putt.

Therefore a center shaft putter helps you to have a consistent ball position (again RST offers this). A center shaft putter, in our opinion, allows someone "to release a putter head" easier. An easy way to think of this is like a golfer releases a 6 iron compared to holding on to the 6 iron and blocking it to the right (right handed golfer).

Are you forward pressing with the wrist lock grip? If so then putter face loft has to be taken into consideration.
it isnt installed yet. have various options to install it on. CS and not. But all facebalanced

paging @KEV aka el presidente....... SeeMore Putters is in the thread discussing CS putters!

The SeeMore guys are seriously rockstars, it's great to see them spreading their knowledge.

Side note, they're customer service is top notch too. I've had some great interactions with them which has made me even more of a fan.

Usually golfers who switch to a center shaft putter stay with a center shaft putter. Most people use an offset or hosel putters because they have learned to "push" their putts down the line. They do this because their ball position is always in a different place. It is very hard to "to release an offset/hosel" style putter the same way every time if you do not have a consistent ball position (RST offers this). A golfer had to practice a great deal and/or having their time correct every time there is a putt.

Therefore a center shaft putter helps you to have a consistent ball position (again RST offers this). A center shaft putter, in our opinion, allows someone "to release a putter head" easier. An easy way to think of this is like a golfer releases a 6 iron compared to holding on to the 6 iron and blocking it to the right (right handed golfer).
This is a fascinating explanation. im someone who flips or flicks my wrists at times. RST would seem to help with that maybe? Face balanced is what i was fit into. Im the one who geared towards CS putters,

This is a fascinating explanation. im someone who flips or flicks my wrists at times. RST would seem to help with that maybe? Face balanced is what i was fit into. Im the one who geared towards CS putters,
I also putt cross handed in addition to using a CS putter.

Am I the only one that it makes sense to to have the shaft enter right behind where you'll be making contact with a golf ball? It seems like that should help with better contact and more consistency. Wouldn't it also help create more forgiveness on off center hits?

Maybe I'm way off and maybe this is a terrible comparison but I'm pretty familiar with a snow shovel. On a shovel the shaft/handle enters right in the middle of the shovel itself. If I'm shoveling the sidewalk and hit a rock on the right side of the blade is not going to open as much as if the handle entered in on the side of the blade.

You could use the same analogy sweeping with a broom.

I'm probably way off on the forgiveness factor but in my head it seems to be the better setup.

I also putt cross handed in addition to using a CS putter.
well you and i are alike in that equation. But ifiddle so much that iit changes monthly. lol

Am I the only one that it makes sense to to have the shaft enter right behind where you'll be making contact with a golf ball? It seems like that should help with better contact and more consistency. Wouldn't it also help create more forgiveness on off center hits?

Maybe I'm way off and maybe this is a terrible comparison but I'm pretty familiar with a snow shovel. On a shovel the shaft/handle enters right in the middle of the shovel itself. If I'm shoveling the sidewalk and hit a rock on the right side of the blade is not going to open as much as if the handle entered in on the side of the blade.

I'm probably way off on the forgiveness factor but in my head it seems to be the better setup.
this is why you are our President.

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
Hmm, I think I filled out the application correctly.
1. Putter Ho. ✔️
2. Loves center shaft putters. ✔️
3. Owns "a few" center shaft putters. ✔️
4. Putter Ho. ✔️

We all grew up hitting a rock or a ball with a stick. So, to me, the appearance of hitting the ball with a stick during the putting stroke just makes sense.

Therefore it's probably not a surprise that approximately 30 out of my collection are center shafted SeeMore's, Betti's, and Odyssey's.

For those that are looking for center shafted putters check out the asian market. OEM's cater to them and models that are not offered in the U.S. are sold there. My last Odyssey 7 (small head) I purchased brand new through Rakuten.

I think this ties in to the type of stroke a player has. I personally am a CS all the way, but toe hang and whether your stroke is straight back and through, and or how much gate (arch) there is in your stroke impacts how a neck performs. I also believe that your get a much better line on your putts with CS. I think people eyes adjust to whichever neck putter they are using with time. I know often when my regular swing is off, the cause is ball position. When I changed the ball position back to middle (if that’s the adjustment) I perceive the ball being so far forward cause my eyes got so used to seeing the ball where it was.

Had one for a month. Quite literally the worst I have every putted. Just really struggled to keep the face square. Wish I was able to give me feedback that that, but I simply couldn't get the ball rolling on a consistent line.

I had a Ping one years ago and cannot remember model but it worked for awhile - I would try again maybe a SeeMore?

well you and i are alike in that equation. But ifiddle so much that iit changes monthly. lol
I will also occasionally go to the claw, as well.

I can say that I've been nothing if not confident with the SeeMore in hand. I stray occasionally, but it always seems to end up back in the bag. There are definitely days that I feel like I can't miss with the mFGP2 Tri-Sole Private Reserve.

1607056505393.png
1607056585720.png
What I’m the sam freaking hell is this monstrosity that Finau is using this week?

Back