Life Changing Way To Cook Pasta

Makes so much sense. why didn't we think of that earlier?

Isn't it just basic science? less water boils faster than more water

I tried this tonight and didn't see a real difference in boil times. Is the size of the pan the difference or do I need 4 cups of salt?

093e1415652606794561d865d4698b1b.jpg

I tried this tonight and didn't see a real difference in boil times. Is the size of the pan the difference or do I need 4 cups of salt?

093e1415652606794561d865d4698b1b.jpg
You used similar amounts of water, and thus, the boiling time is no different.

You used similar amounts of water, and thus, the boiling time is no different.
But shouldn't the surface area of the wider pan play a part? So really, the revolutionary part of this is boiling water with salt?

But shouldn't the surface area of the wider pan play a part? So really, the revolutionary part of this is boiling water with salt?

Ummm no. The revolutionary part is needing so very little water to cook perfect pasta.

Damnit Neb, way to ruin a good thing hehe

You should always boil pasta with salt for flavor purposes, but adding salt to water reduces the specific heat of water, making it it heat slightly faster as well. The amount of water is the biggest culprit though

The theory is that you use less water and don't need to drain at the end, because the dry pasta soaked up the water making the pasta cooked perfectly and no need to drain water because there is no water left to drain.

That is very exciting. And it was easier than doing it the old fashioned way?

I thought it was easier and quicker by quite a bit.

The theory is that you use less water and don't need to drain at the end, because the dry pasta soaked up the water making the pasta cooked perfectly and no need to drain water because there is no water left to drain.
Alright, that makes sense. I was thinking it was showing something much different. Might have to try it again doing it right next time.

I tried this yesterday with spiral pasta. And, since the video used more salt, I tried that also. The pasta was ready in 15 minutes. I did drain some water. But, the pasta was extremely salty. Maybe the spirals "hold" the salt more than the spaghetti types of pasta. I ended up rinsing the pasta under cold water for about 30 seconds. Then, I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to heat it back up. Adding a little butter and then some sauce helped diffuse the salt taste. But, it was still saltier than anyone in my family liked.
A1_PB_ID116_1.png

OT, but add salt to ice water to get your beer colder, faster.

After done boiling the pasta, quickly add plenty of olive oil, extra virgin olive oil is my choice.

The oil makes the pasta shines , and not sticking.

I don't know how you all can eat that stuff. Sooo many carbs in pasta. Ugh...

Back