annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Why can’t Lincoln do a commercial that just talks about their cars versus the crazy —- bs they produce. I guess they canned Matthew but now they have some singer with a bad hat driving around babbling about nothing.I know this is trivial but just talk about the damn car.

singer with a bad hat... I don't know that I've seen that one. I tend to try to avoid commercials.:D

And you're right. I agree that the commercial should be about the car. Talk about IT.

Lincoln got rid of McConaughey? He is still in the Aviator commercial.

singer with a bad hat... I don't know that I've seen that one. I tend to try to avoid commercials.:D

And you're right. I agree that the commercial should be about the car. Talk about IT.

The worst commercial to me is that weird Volvo commercial with the astronaut or something like that. It never made any sense to me.

The worst commercial to me is that weird Volvo commercial with the astronaut or something like that. It never made any sense to me.
Yep, that one was odd... and you were supposed to follow the link to their website "for the rest of the story"

Personally, I never found it compelling enough to do anything other than fast forward past it or change the channel.:ROFLMAO:

Yep, that one was odd... and you were supposed to follow the link to their website "for the rest of the story"

Personally, I never found it compelling enough to do anything other than fast forward past it or change the channel.:ROFLMAO:

Same here, it was so weird.

Lincoln got rid of McConaughey? He is still in the Aviator commercial.
Hemay be still out there fishing.. I keep seeing this new one for the Corsair or whatever its called now. Seem like they go from letters to names every so many years. Love the cars but not their ads.

Hemay be still out there fishing.. I keep seeing this new one for the Corsair or whatever its called now. Seem like they go from letters to names every so many years. Love the cars but not their ads.

I think its the Corsair ad. Ironically enough, that is my car :D

When is the last time they mentioned anything about a car having an engine, a transmission, anything mechanical at all about it, save for how it's a wifi hotspot, 12 cupholders, power everything to break, syncs your whole family's phone to your brain and radio, Movie night in the back seats, three moonroofs, and it's of course GREAT for the environment? :ROFLMAO: I love how I don't have to pay attention, steer, or generally give a damn about anything on the road. The car will do it all now!! Hooray!

And why is the car in the middle of a nuclear halocaust always, with NOTHING else on the road?
So I can get the the mountaintop to have a picnic with my family to try new pharmaceuticals, of course!
Side effects and MPG may vary...

I think its the Corsair ad. Ironically enough, that is my car :D
nice ride. didnt even know about it on the SUV ponder list. Like it much better than the Explorer.

You're correct, just odd.

Who works in ad agencies?
If I don't mute it or change the channel, you're lucky....
....following the storyline to the internet in an A.D.D. society? :ROFLMAO::sleep:

It's an Alexa.

Lincoln's target market doesn't give a **** about the car itself

Why can’t Lincoln do a commercial that just talks about their cars versus the crazy —- bs they produce. I guess they canned Matthew but now they have some singer with a bad hat driving around babbling about nothing.I know this is trivial but just talk about the damn car.
Hey, they have to do something to make the brand seem young and hip. For a long time, Lincoln was a car for old people, much like Buick was for decades.

Every time I see a stupid commercial, I SMH and say to myself "they actually paid someone to come up with this crap!".

Just saw the one with the musician. I don’t get it. If it’s not Matthew McConaughey then I’m not buying! And if it is I’m confused and still probably not buying!

You don't want to ice fishing in a $70,000 suv? I don't like the ads at all, just not hip enough to get it I guess.

I guess Lincoln and WIlson Staff use the same agency.. They go out of their way to confuse an easy product story.

......weird commercial or not we have the 2020 Aviator and its the cat ass. Love it and its such a joy to drive

I pay little, if any attention to tv commercials. Actually advertisements in general I don't care much for. They are more of an annoyance to me.

When I watch tv, I want to watch the tv show. I realize commercials pay the bills, but there are just so many of them. Watching 8 minutes of a show just to get 4 minutes of commercials is just rude. What's even worse it's usually the same commercial repeated over, and over.

No I don't include some of those Christmas commercials in my rant. Some of those are fun, and entertaining.

As for luxury car commercials, that's not for me. I'm a pick up truck kind of guy. I've owned a couple of luxury cars. Big waste of money.

As for luxury car commercials, that's not for me. I'm a pick up truck kind of guy. I've owned a couple of luxury cars. Big waste of money.

I, too, have owned luxury vehicles and am more a pickup guy. But pickups ain't cheap. I'm looking at a half ton Ram and it's tickling $70K, invoice. Yeesh.

I always wondered why every car ad shows it sitting in the driveway of an ultra modern home when 90% of America lives in a traditional home.

Back