ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat: Chris Voshall with Mizuno Golf

Thanks for chatting with us @Vosh68

@Vosh68
Chris - Appreciate the time devoted to the forum today, but also for the Experience. The real feedback and answers given today was refreshing as it was unscripted and very true to the products and your experience with the company. Props!

Also super excited for the new release of products and thanks for involving the THP community in that launch!

Thanks for breaking up the work day!

(approved social distancing high five)

I wish I could have kept up live today but this was awesome! Thanks for taking the time out of your day.

I was able to hang live for about the first half, then back to work for a while. Just caught up, and thanks so much @Vosh68 !

This was a much needed break this morning.. These chats are great.. Thanks @JB for making these happen!!

So I have to be able to get there from my place in Atlanta....hmm.
Let's go with a zillion holes at Sweeten's Cove. I haven't mate that trip yet, but I really want to. And then I'll keep going to Nashville!

In the bag:
ST200 Driver
ST190 #3/#5 Woods
MP-H5 #3-4 irons
JPX919 Tour 5-9
T7 46,51, 58
M Craft Type 2 Black
MP-H5's my dude!!!

What made the MP63 iron sole distinctly different from other MP models ?
When it was a current model, which Tour pros played MP63?
The MP-63 actually plays a bit narrower than other shallow cavity irons because it has a beveled trailing edge. As far as the tour pros, actually most preferred slightly thicker which is why we took the bevel away for the MP-64s.

Favorite music to listen to while on the course - genre or band?

Also - are you a better golfer or a better snowboarder?
I’m an ALT NATION guy on Sirius, so I like a lot of that stuff. Foster the People, The Killers, The 1975. Those types on the course.

And DEFINITELY a better golfer, but man do I love snowboarding!

@Vosh68 - Given the slowed market recently and a few product launches before the pandemic, what product are you happiest with so far and what product (might be different) will have the biggest increase (sales/adoption) for the remainder or the year?

RB Golf Balls
ST-200 Drivers
M Craft Putters
New MP-20 Line
Something else?
The acceptance the HMBs, ST200s, and M Crafts have all been phenomenal!

I’m really look forward to a big year from the putters and the MP-20s (HMB in particular), but it will be very interesting what will happen to the wood market. Lots of new products from us and the industry, but the selling season for woods has been killed…March/April are where it feels like 90% of woods are sold. With those months basically not existing, what is going to happen? We’ll see!

Thanks for coming on THP Chris, great having the personal interaction with Mizuno! Question, I have a set of 919 Forged in 6-P w/Recoil Proto 95s, what would you suggest for a forgiving iron in 4 and 5 possible 3 iron slot?
First off, your dog looks awesome. Looks a lot like mine!

For the long iron end of that, I would look at the Hot Metal Pros for sure. Would be a perfect top to that set.

Hey Chris, have you been able to hit any balls yet with your speed training to see any gains?

Side note, I played with the new driver and fairway the other day as you saw from Twitter. I absolutely had one of my best driving days ever. Only missed one fairway with the driver and smoked the 3W off the tee twice. Should be getting them back out on Thursday.
I have seen a ball speed jump already! Hit right at 160mph the other day…let’s keep it going!

Love it that you’re enjoying the driver! Keep it up!

I’m an ALT NATION guy on Sirius, so I like a lot of that stuff. Foster the People, The Killers, The 1975. Those types on the course.

And DEFINITELY a better golfer, but man do I love snowboarding!
Georgia is an interesting place to try to take up snowboarding. :ROFLMAO:

Chris I tested the new ST200 driver but did not get to test the ST200G. The fitter did not have one in stock. I feel like I would gravitate towards the G anyways. Are the acoustics any different between the 2 drivers? The standard ST200 showed great ball speeds but I just didn't like the louder sound of it.
IF that’s the case, definitely hit the G. It’s the quieter of the two drivers. I prefer the sound of it too vs. the ST200.

Thanks for all of your time today @Vosh68! Great insight, much appreciated.

Why hasnt Mizuno delved into the womens golf clubs space?

We actually used to, but then ADAMS came in with such low prices that we didn't like the product we'd have to put out to compete there. Kinda killed the market off a bit. That being said, things are changing now...

I have seen a ball speed jump already! Hit right at 160mph the other day…let’s keep it going!

Love it that you’re enjoying the driver! Keep it up!
160mph... What an absolute legend.
Must be all that meat based muscle mass.

Years ago you guys did a golf shoe with fixed spikes. It was REALLY comfortable. Any thoughts about putting your running tech into golf shoes.

We have some of those selling in Europe, it's just a tough market. Considering it though!

Chopped or wedge salad.
Don’t screw up this question

Is all the grinding/finishing process for irons still done in Japan by hand? Does that impact or improve the QC of Mizuno over other competitors that manufacture and finish in China or Malaysia?

All of the forging is done in the Japan, but a good amount of grinding and finishing is done in China. That being said, one of the things Mizuno does is actually have people from our Japan manufacturing office living in china and ensuring QC on every piece there. A lot is done in China, but to Japan specs, if that makes sense.

Back