Live Update Thread: 2019 Distance Powered By Srixon

Just left the course after a fun lunch. What a great group of participants and a fantastic weekend.

Thanks to each of you for coming out and we look forward to seeing the reviews which could earn you a trip back or a year supply of golf balls.

Speaking of, did everyone get the XV or were there some Z and QST?

Another great event..safe travels home and thanks to everybody for bringing us along and to JB and Dax for the coverage.

Congrats to Team Zack..what was the office bet, loser brings donuts?

Congrats to Team Zach. Was a great follow, great videos and pics!!!! Looked like a fun time was had by everyone.

Fun follow, thanks everyone! Travel safe

thanks for all the info this weekend, was a great follow. Fly safe y'all...and if you are flying through DFW, hopefully the rain causes no delays

Thanks for all the updates and everyone have a safe trip back home

Live Update Thread: 2019 Distance Powered By Srixon

Speaking of, did everyone get the XV or were there some Z and QST?

The Z-Star & XV were represented (XV with the majority), no one gamed the QST for this event...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Everyone had a blast and everyone won...
They all have a bag full of amazing gear, reviews will be coming...

Only at THP...

Great work man. Kudos on the coverage man. Now go enjoy mania

83b37a570ee2ce5eb31150340a8a4e73.jpg

Waste areas are rough on wedges...

I’ve always been a function first guy. I don’t care how chewed up my gear is as long as it performs. Nothing there to prohibit performance. Resale value though is sinking faster than the titanic filled with anchors.

congrats to team Zach! enjoy that win and thanks for the fun follow. I wasn't super active during, but had a busy weekend.

Looking forward to continuing thoughts as always.

still love that course even through the pictures.

And in regards to the video question, if you're sitting in the cart until the rest of the group is putting on the green, you're out of the hole. #1 THP rule: don't be a Richard.

+1 to these two responses. I don’t care what side your on (winning or losing) to wait then come back when everyone finished and say you weren’t done is weak.

326ed61e7fe5fc7ba61a4a225b5bc0b0.jpg

I’ll take a moment to provide some more context, the player who waited provided some color around his decision after the round.

His second shot on the par 5 came to rest in the rocks in the waste area on the left side of the hole. His partner had a 40 yard pitch in front of the green for his 3rd shot.

He didn’t want to play the shot unless it was absolutely necessary due to the risk in damaging his new wedge.

His partner chunked his pitch short of the green (bringing par into jeopardy) and their opponents had a long two putt par attempt. Once their opponents putted their birdie attempt to 2 feet, at this point he decided to play the shot. He stuffed it to 7 feet, made par (but messed up his wedge- pictured above).

Congrats team Zach! What a trip!

I’ll take a moment to provide some more context, the player who waited provided some color around his decision after the round.

His second shot on the par 5 came to rest in the rocks in the waste area on the left side of the hole. His partner had a 40 yard pitch in front of the green for his 3rd shot.

He didn’t want to play the shot unless it was absolutely necessary due to the risk in damaging his new wedge.

His partner chunked his pitch short of the green (bringing par into jeopardy) and their opponents had a long two putt par attempt. Once their opponents putted their birdie attempt to 2 feet, at this point he decided to play the shot. He stuffed it to 7 feet, made par (but messed up his wedge- pictured above).

Then this is a different story that was presented. It made it seem he waiting until the opposing team finished to decide and play, which based on your narrative above isn’t the case.

I'm torn on the waiting out the hole now.

That story is pretty different and I get not wanting to beat up new clubs.

I can see the dilemma! But, he hit it into the waste area...at that point you have to figure out which one is more important...the wedge or your team. Once you allow the group to go ahead and play, you should pick up. Other guys hit it out of there all weekend. Chef and HuddieJ is on video doing so. I completely understand the struggle, but I don't like the outcome!

Congrats to Team Zach. Great weekend by all. No one is on the losing side this weekend.

Well, except those that didn’t win:) There’ll be crap talking involved for a year that some are entitled to, and some will have to take, lol.

But these events aren’t about winning and losing. They’re about building relationships with everyone involved. From what I’ve seen anyways. There are no losers at THP events, even the forum gets a good ride along for them.

That would be BL...

Does lead tape work as reachback paper? Asking for a friend.

What’s “reachback paper?”

You seem like a smart fella, you’ll figure it out:)

But if I have to spell it out, it starts with a T and a P.

Congrats to all for an amazing weekend, it was a great follow, and as much as I wanted in on this one, I want in for next year even more now!

Really looking forward to the gear reviews, I play a lot of Srixon/Cleveland already, but nothing yet from the current lines.

This bit of info provides some much needed context and nuance.

I'm wondering if you only get 3 minutes to find and hit your ball in regards to waiting and going back. Maybe it is a rules question.

Back