Long Irons Vs. Hybrids - Which do you prefer and why?

I do both, but the longest iron I have is a 4 iron, I use an r11 Rescue as my 3 iron because I can't hit them well

Hybrids are easier to hit for me. My 3 and 4 hybrid might be my two favorite clubs to hit.

Hybrids. I have more issues with long irons, such as not being able to hit them.
LOL I love this

For me, I am not consistent with my 4i, heck not even very consistent with a 6i, but really want to learn how to hit it rather than replace it. I won't even try a 3i.

910H 3 and 4. These two clubs are solid off all situations.

Neither. I use FWs for most of my long shot needs. I'm ok with a 4I off the turf, better off the tee. However, I find that my 7W offers more versatility. Never found a hybrid I like, but I keep trying.

Not yet. I still have it. It's in mint condition. I literally hit 7 total balls with it.

Ah I see, I thought you had switched it out for the 910H

-leiruagetro

Ah I see, I thought you had switched it out for the 910H

-leiruagetro

Nah, I switched it out of Adams A07. Both Adams and Mashie are soooooo offset.
With my 910s I have them open.
Almost went with the R11 Rescue though. You inspired me to hit it.

Nah, I switched it out of Adams A07. Both Adams and Mashie are soooooo offset.
With my 910s I have them open.
Almost went with the R11 Rescue though. You inspired me to hit it.

How did the R11 rescue feel to you? I got that instead of a 3 iron since I can't hit a 3 iron for crap

Both?

I have 3 and 5 Hybrid in the bag. I absolutely love hitting them. They were put in my bag because I couldn't hit long irons. I then went to work and learned how to hit my long irons. It has taken a little more than a year to learn how to hit the 4 and 5 iron.

I use the 3H and 5H for distance gaps now. 3H 220 carry 5H 195 carry 4i 188 carry 5i 175 carry. So they fit in nice for what I want to do.

How did the R11 rescue feel to you? I got that instead of a 3 iron since I can't hit a 3 iron for crap

It felt good. I had an old TM Rescue before so the feel was familiar. So it really came down to 910 4H and the R11 but I thought I keep the Titleist name in my bag. I could've gone either way though. Thanks for the recommendation though. It was a looooong debate between the two.

I am with you I love long irons. Much easier to work a long iron in my opinion. for example when its windy I love hitting a low running hook with a 2 iron hard to do things like that with a hybrid.

Up until this year I used 3 hybrids for my 3,4,5 irons but I am striking the ball so much better now and hitting my current 4 and 5 iron so well I've gone back to irons for those 2 and still use the hybrid as my 3 iron. The 4 isn't quite as consistent as I should be so I might go back to a hybrid for that as well eventually but the feel and ball flight of a well struck 4 iron just kind of makes my day.

It felt good. I had an old TM Rescue before so the feel was familiar. So it really came down to 910 4H and the R11 but I thought I keep the Titleist name in my bag. I could've gone either way though. Thanks for the recommendation though. It was a looooong debate between the two.

I bet, buying golf stuff is hard. Good luck on the course, hey at least you have great hybrids instead of long irons, I such with long irons

I have a 3 & 4 hybrid in the bag right now. Much easier to hit solidly for me.

I bet, buying golf stuff is hard. Good luck on the course, hey at least you have great hybrids instead of long irons, I such with long irons

Indeed sir. Indeed. I can't not hit anything below the 6 iron.
Play well this weekend my friend.

Hybrids save my butt from anywhere inbetween 160-210yds.

Buck,
What is your distance gap with your 19, 22, 25?

I got 19 and 25, wondering if I should add 22 to my bag...

Hybrids are easier to hit for me. My 3 and 4 hybrid might be my two favorite clubs to hit.

I know exactly what you mean, mine are the most consistent clubs in the bag. I feel like I can make the shot each time I pick one up. Maybe not the best club in the bag but I feel confident and that improves my game.

I have never successfully hit a hybrid, in the 3-4 times I've tried others clubs. Irons any day. All day.

Tap tap taparoo

I replaced my 4 iron with a 4 hybrid a few months ago and hit it really well. As of a couple of months ago my swing has changed and now my hybrid is also a hook machine. I played my 4 iron at league the other night and hit it really well. Now I'm torn between which one to use.

I replaced my 4 iron with a 4 hybrid a few months ago and hit it really well. As of a couple of months ago my swing has changed and now my hybrid is also a hook machine. I played my 4 iron at league the other night and hit it really well. Now I'm torn between which one to use.

R11 can open up by a degree right? I'd switch to that.
I have my 4H open.

R11 can open up by a degree right? I'd switch to that.
I have my 4H open.

Yep and it has less offset which helps with hooks

Back