Looking for a 7* or 8* driver head

rrpruett

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for a Driver head to build for one of my sons. He hits the ball extremely high with his driver and want to try a lower loft head. I have a good shaft to put in it
I just need a head.

Any recommendations on a good head I can buy?

Krank should have something low lofted.

Otherwise hit up ebay.

Adams made the 9064 in low loft. I think it is the 9064LD version.

I think you can change up the R11 from 9* to 8* with a the turn of a wrench.

I believe you're right. They shouldn't be hard to find you're just going to have to special order one if you want it. I play an 8.5* SuperTri which I ordered.

This is true. 9° in the "Lower" Setting will make it an 8°

I wonder if the R11 comes in an 8* and you could bring it to 7*?

I wonder if the R11 comes in an 8* and you could bring it to 7*?

Saw on another site that it is now available in 8* and 12* via special order. Can't really confirm that, just what I read.

While driver loft plays a significant role I would also suggest trying different shafts, as they can also make a huge difference.

I have an old Ping ISI 7 degree sitting in Ole Gray's retired club cellar. You're welcome to it if he'll ship and you handle the shipping of course.

Thank you all for the information. I think I am going to get the Big Bang. Is this a good head? Reviews look OK.

Good luck, they are hard to come by! Lately I've been gaming a Cobra 330ss in 7.5 degree loft. Picked it up for $30 at Edwin Watts with a decent shaft in it.
I'm still trying to get my friend to sell me his 8.5 Ping G10 though!

Saw on another site that it is now available in 8* and 12* via special order. Can't really confirm that, just what I read.

R11 in the 8 degree loft is now available on most online retailers, not just by special order. I'm not sure about availability in brick-and-mortar golf shops.

I went with a Geek head and will try a couple different shafts. Ill let you know how it works out.

Thanks all for the help.

Back