Looking to play with THPers while in Raleigh/Pinehurst

I’m not ashamed, ok maybe a little, to say I did that at Dormie Club multiple times.
Most people do! I’m the odd one out haha. In certain situations it just makes more sense

Percentages are pretty high of you draining one from a green side bunker with the ole Texas wedge!
Not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that my make percentage from that situation is higher than when I’m putting on the green! 😆

Charlotte peeps playing Friday and Saturday what's the plan? I can go in for an air bnb or hotel.

Thanks for putting this together! Undecided if I’m going to walk or ride since I’m walking 4
If you don't want to walk 20 miles in 2 days (#2, #4 and #3), I dont blame you! Take a cart for 3. It is a shorter walk than the other two. 4 is a longer walk than 2 and the course has more elevation changes.

Generally, it is 8 miles when walking 4 and 7 miles on 2.

Fyi, I played #5 today and the greens are holding up well and still rolling around at about 11 or 12. The fairways are dormant and there areas where a lob wedge would be ill advised around the greens unless you are really good with it.
Some members remove their lob wedge from their bag this time of year so they are not even tempted to try it.

If you don't want to walk 20 miles in 2 days (#2, #4 and #3), I dont blame you! Take a cart for 3. It is a shorter walk than the other two. 4 is a longer walk than 2 and the course has more elevation changes.

Generally, it is 8 miles when walking 4 and 7 miles on 2.
I could use the exercise😂 I’ll probably take a cart on 3

Last edited:
2 is CPO 365 days a year, as is 4. Might as well hoof it, you’ll be doing it anyway
Meant to say 3. I’m taking a caddy of 2 and 4 so definitely walking

2 is CPO 365 days a year, as is 4. Might as well hoof it, you’ll be doing it anyway
So true. They are both better walking courses than cart courses.

Charlotte peeps playing Friday and Saturday what's the plan? I can go in for an air bnb or hotel.
Bumping this up

Very much looking forward to next weekend. I'll definitely be in a cart, and I’ll leave the flop shots at the house.

For those playing Tobacco Road, here is a good video (that I had never seen before) that shows every hole really well, to start to understand what we will be dealing with before playing it:

I unfortunately cannot play Friday, but still can Saturday. I let @BuffaloPlunger know so there is now a spot open at Tobacco Road.

Just an update, we are full at #3 and we have one, possibly 2 spots at TR

Clearly I do not THP well. Due to an outside event, I will have this weekend off from my regular duties at the curling club. Have a blast gentlemen!

Clearly I do not THP well. Due to an outside event, I will have this weekend off from my regular duties at the curling club. Have a blast gentlemen!
Come on down to Raleigh!😂

Come on down to Raleigh!😂
Believe me, it's tempting. If my swing wasn't trash right now I probably would, but having only swung the clubs 3 times since October combined with a 13 hour drive probably isn't a winning combination.

Mark my words: I will play TR in 2024.

I hope I can get there Friday now. I did something to my neck/left shoulder and it's no bueno. Went to the range today and couldn't hit a ball. Hopefully it feels better by Wednesday.

I hope I can get there Friday now. I did something to my neck/left shoulder and it's no bueno. Went to the range today and couldn't hit a ball. Hopefully it feels better by Wednesday.
Damn sorry to hear that! Hopefully a couple of days off does the trick!

I hope so I couldn't hit a ball. Felt awful
I know the feeling. I hurt my shoulder skiing back in 2021 a week before I was supposed to fly down to Pinehurst the first time. Ended up having to push the trip back a month

I'm trying to stretch and loosen up. I might have to hold out Friday and only play Saturday not sure I could do 2 rounds if it isn't better by tomorrow. I hate injuries and getting older they take forever to heal. 🤬

If it’s a similar pain I get, it’s usually something in the upper back or shoulder muscle that pulls on the neck. Usually a few days will let it loosen up if you have a theragun, or if you really hate yourself: a golf ball against a wall and uuughhhhh

Back