Looking to play with THPers while in Raleigh/Pinehurst

Appreciate it. I have to do some exercises and I have skelaxin if it flares back up. If it keeps occuring then it's either cortisone shots and full PT and if that doesn't work it's surgery which I'm really hoping I don't need.
Surgery is never fun

Yes sir, 2pm is the first tee time on Saturday and the second is right after.
Appreciate you setting this all up at Pinehurst for us.

Appreciate you setting this all up at Pinehurst for us.
My pleasure!

The weather looks great for Friday and Saturday! Sunday and Monday look like possible rain.

Getting closer gentlemen.

For those playing TR tomorrow, the tee time is at 12:36. Flight lands at 10:15 so I may be coming in hot depending on how long it takes to get bags and catch the rental car shuttle but we’re also the last tee time of the day.

Perfect! See you there!

For those playing TR tomorrow, the tee time is at 12:36. Flight lands at 10:15 so I may be coming in hot depending on how long it takes to get bags and catch the rental car shuttle but we’re also the last tee time of the day.
Flying into Raleigh?

Okay here’s a quick run down if you’ve never flown to RDU. If you have, my bad. Tips for everyone else lol

If you can, ask ticketing if they can tag your bag as priority when you check in, you’re trying to catch an appt and the window is kinda tight. If you’re nice, they usually hook you up a bit.

Golf Bags typically go to the oversized luggage chute. There’s no big fanfare when they drop them off, it’s kind of a ninja surprise. The priority part helps a bit in getting them faster, but honestly it’s always a giant coin toss.

Once you get your bag, they do have numerous shuttles that come around for the major rental car places (minus sixt, they have one every 15-30min).

Once you get out, just make sure you don’t accidentally jump on the toll road getting to Sanford. That’s a not so enjoyable discussion at the drop off booth when you get your bill for the toll you never even saw. It’s a pretty easy and boring drive, they even have a nice little sign that’s says Tobacco Rd Golf Club ⬅️ at the light.

I know there was talk about walking on Saturday? Will anyone be walking? I don’t want to be the only goof ball who walks so I will go with y’all are doing.

Okay here’s a quick run down if you’ve never flown to RDU. If you have, my bad. Tips for everyone else lol

If you can, ask ticketing if they can tag your bag as priority when you check in, you’re trying to catch an appt and the window is kinda tight. If you’re nice, they usually hook you up a bit.

Golf Bags typically go to the oversized luggage chute. There’s no big fanfare when they drop them off, it’s kind of a ninja surprise. The priority part helps a bit in getting them faster, but honestly it’s always a giant coin toss.

Once you get your bag, they do have numerous shuttles that come around for the major rental car places (minus sixt, they have one every 15-30min).

Once you get out, just make sure you don’t accidentally jump on the toll road getting to Sanford. That’s a not so enjoyable discussion at the drop off booth when you get your bill for the toll you never even saw. It’s a pretty easy and boring drive, they even have a nice little sign that’s says Tobacco Rd Golf Club ⬅️ at the light.
Good call on the toll road. I got upgraded to first class *pinky in the air* so I’m hoping I’ll get my bag sooner. Last time I flew down I just jumped on the first rental shuttle I saw since I was in a rush but not sure it was worth it

I know there was talk about walking on Saturday? Will anyone be walking? I don’t want to be the only goof ball who walks so I will go with y’all are doing.
I’m planning on taking a cart but I’ll happily walk if everyone else is riding

Good call on the toll road. I got upgraded to first class *pinky in the air* so I’m hoping I’ll get my bag sooner. Last time I flew down I just jumped on the first rental shuttle I saw since I was in a rush but not sure it was worth it
First class, I’ve also been bumped to before and yeah it seems to show up almost by the time you get to baggage. Only once like that did I have to wait, and of course it was legit the last damn bag to be unloaded.

The budget/avis/thrifty one seems to come around every 3min it feels like. Enterprise and National are somewhat consistent from the laps I’ve seen them do ad nauseum.

I'll be taking a cart as well. Bad ankle doesn't really leave me any other choice.

First class, I’ve also been bumped to before and yeah it seems to show up almost by the time you get to baggage. Only once like that did I have to wait, and of course it was legit the last damn bag to be unloaded.

The budget/avis/thrifty one seems to come around every 3min it feels like. Enterprise and National are somewhat consistent from the laps I’ve seen them do ad nauseum.
Good to know. I rented through Budget this time

Good to know. I rented through Budget this time
When in doubt, and I don’t super recommend it but it is an option… Just jump on the budget bus. It’s a pain to hoof it through their parking lot and to the road, but guess what’s on the other side? Enterprise and National.

This is really only handy when you miss your actual shuttle, and the budget one is rolling up.

When in doubt, and I don’t super recommend it but it is an option… Just jump on the budget bus. It’s a pain to hoof it through their parking lot and to the road, but guess what’s on the other side? Enterprise and National.

This is really only handy when you miss your actual shuttle, and the budget one is rolling up.
I did that last time. It worked but definitely wasn’t ideal

I will walk, so there will be 2 of us so we won't look like idiots. :LOL:

I will walk, so there will be 2 of us so we won't look like idiots. :LOL:
Let's not assume I won't do something else that is ridiculous hahaha

Let's not assume I won't do something else that is ridiculous hahaha
Fair enough. We have all seen some really funky bounces, swings, whatever. I was playing with a lady who lives off a tee box on course 5 and she said nobody can hit her house and my response was "we are golfers, we can hit balls where people never think possible".

RDU bound!!

We have landed! Earlier than expected too

Back