CBaker

2024 Team Hackers #FailsatFive
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey THP, I have a loose ferrule, as in there is a slight gap between it and the actual adapter on one of my driver shafts. It doesn't move or anything, there is just a gap where they should line up flush. The adapter itself doesn't really seem like it is loose, so I am wondering if that is going to cause a problem? Or is it merely cosmetic? Thank you!

Hey THP, I have a loose ferrule, as in there is a slight gap between it and the actual adapter on one of my driver shafts. It doesn't move or anything, there is just a gap where they should line up flush. The adapter itself doesn't really seem like it is loose, so I am wondering if that is going to cause a problem? Or is it merely cosmetic? Thank you!

A handful of mine loosened up during LIITA when I mistakenly left my irons in the car in the hotel parking lot. The extreme Orland heat loosened them so much that I could move them up and down. They cooled off and I was able to push them back into position the best I could I have not had a single problem with any of my clubs since.

It is simply cosmetic, as far as I know.

Purely cosmetic. If it bothers you, you could always put a little epoxy on the top rim of the adapter and push the ferrule down on it. Mineral spirits will easily clean off the overflow epoxy when you push the two together.

Purely cosmetic. If it bothers you, you could always put a little epoxy on the top rim of the adapter and push the ferrule down on it. Mineral spirits will easily clean off the overflow epoxy when you push the two together.

I agree. Best option.

Agree here. Super glue works too.

this is it. just put some adhesive, push down, let dry and clean off excess. Easy peasy.

Thanks guys. The ferrule doesn't actually move anymore. I tried moving it already and ended up slipping and scratching my driver head, so that was smart. So if it's fine where it is I'll just leave it.

You can carefully heat it if it won't move to get in glued in place, but I stress carefully. They can warp if you put too much heat on them, don't ask how I know.

I had the same issue just last week. A drop of super glue helped.

You can carefully heat it if it won't move to get in glued in place, but I stress carefully. They can warp if you put too much heat on them, don't ask how I know.
And quite quickly and easily (the warping) I might add. A guy named Randy told me so...haha. No matter how careful I have tried to be, I don't think I have any success complete stories to tell.

super glue is the best, if you try to heat, it will warp, you can always cut it off and get the snap on ones, I'm thinking of doing that for a couple of ferreles that just will not stay

You can heat it up with a regular lighter..... just move the flame over and around it a few times and it should heat up enough to push it back down without damaging it.

Back