Low cost quality ball

I don't think I have actually bought a box of balls retail since my first couple months playing. I would lose so many balls that I looked for something cheaper and found the wonderful world of recycled balls. Much easier on the wallet. So a few years later, I still play recycled balls because I don't care so much about not being able to find one anymore... also, recycled is a great way to try a bunch of different balls without breaking the bank.

Check out the MacGregor VIPs. They are private labeled (for golfsmith) Srixon Z-stars, for much much less. They are great!

hOss,

I see 2 different VIP's listed on Golfsmith's website and at different prices. I assume one is '10 and one is '11 model. Are they both Z-stars?

Based on my research, it is true, not a rumor. They are made by Srixon, 3-piece urethane ball.

I've read that they may be closer to the Z-UR than the Z-Star. The VIP's have a seam, the Z-Stars do not. Still, it's getting great reviews so I'm sure the VIP's are good balls.

Shop around!

Thanks to the "deal of the day" thread I got 3 dozen Callaway Tour i(Z) for $20 a dozen. Yesterday I got 6 dozen more at <$24 a dozen.

Steal!!

Also...

IT'S A MAGIC BALL!!!!!

Back