Low cost quality ball

I have been playing the Wilson Staff Zip for the past couple seasons. The claim is they are a zero compression ball, so they are pretty soft. The feel is a lot like the old balata balls. They can be had for less than a buck a ball. It is a little less painful if you lose one.

if your friend lost everyone if his ProV1's I suggest you just take his $40 next time and have him watch you throw cheaper golf balls into the woods..same effect but you make $40

Just go buy used balls and enjoy the game.
But is so fun watching him do it on his own accord.

dicks had nike one tour on sale for 19.99

Im gonna search down a good deal on some bridgestone e6 i think. Give them a shot and see how they work for my game.

I like the Nike Mojo, very cheap and works fine

Normally priced balls below 30

Diablo Tour- $26 or so
Tri-speed Tour - $27
Q-star - $25
TM Burner Tour - $22
Nike Vapor - $25
Bridgestone E series - $29

Decent Balls under $20 that I've played

Top flight Gamer - $19
HX Hot's - $17

Top of the line on Sale if you can find them.

Nike tour/tour-d - $25-30 (25 being bulk price)
Srixon Zstar/Zstar-x - $25-30

Another vote for the Gamer v2. Don't let the TF logo scare you.

I tried a few boxes of e6's this year after doing the online ball fitting. Also a great ball. Just didn't perform that far above the Gamer to justify paying more (~$7-9 a box more).

tap tap tap...

Another vote for the Gamer v2. Don't let the TF logo scare you.

I tried a few boxes of e6's this year after doing the online ball fitting. Also a great ball. Just didn't perform that far above the Gamer to justify paying more (~$7-9 a box more).

tap tap tap...

I am going to go checak out the edwin watts tomarrow after work and see if they have any deals going on. I will keep the gamer in mind while selecting

+3 on the TF Gamer. I think the name "Top Flite" scares away a lot of people.

It really does. I will be the first to admit that I've never played it because of the TF

Gamer V2.

Buy them in bulk from Ebay, I got 12 dozen for ~$0.70 a ball.

Also, the Deal of the Day thread led to me getting Callaway Tour Iz for $20 a dozen... GREAT BALL!!

The bridgestone e series are great balls for the price IMO.

I am tring to find out what would be the best ball at a decent price. I watched my friend buy some PROv1's today and lose every one. My question is what is the best ball for the money in every ones opinion. I would love to game the high end balls but I cant justify spending 40 plus on a dozen balls. Any sugestions?

I buy used, but higher quality (AAAA) Bridgestone B330RX balls from ebay for everyday play. I'll play a new ball when it counts, but a new ball is a used ball after a couple of wedges shots, so I go that route. I can buy balls at less than half the price of new. Just don't buy "reconditioned" balls as those have been painted in most cases, and they are not good performance wise. When I buy used, I go with larger quantities and look for free shipping.

Keeping in mind that I like soft golf balls here are some I find at good prices.

Topflite D2 Feels, Noodles, Wilson 50s, Wilson Zips and Wilson X1s (my favorite cheap ball) all can be had very cheaply at Walmart/Target etc. if you shop for the deals.

Midprice Taylormade Burners, Bridgestone E6s (my favorite mid price), Srixon AD333s, Callaway Diablos and NXT Tours (find so many of these have never had to buy them)

Top end Wilson FG Tours (cheapest I can find for high end) and Bridgestone 330RX (had my best two rounds with these this year). Haven't bought any other urethane balls as most play too firm for my swing speed, I'm also pretty cheap and can't stand hitting $3.00 into the woods on every bad swing.

I'm sure there are a lot more out there that I would like but who could possibly try them all? If you are willing to gamble check out TGW for Wilson Staff blems (they don't always have them), If I remember I payed $11 for two dozen of a mixture of DX2s (I love this ball) PX3s (spinny three piece, but short for me) and Zips, they also list D50s and C25s but have never gotten any in my boxes.

You can get good quality balls at a very good price if you buy 4A or 5A mint used balls. They are as close to brand new as you can get and they are usually half the price (or more) of brand new. A few good sites are lostgolfballs.com golfballnut.com or knetgolf.com. Ebays not bad but make sure you order from a company on ebay and not an individual. try to get from Golfball Monster. I got 36 Bridgestone E6 from them for $29 and the every ball looked perfect!

My vote is for the Nike Mojo. I play them in my practice rounds because they have similar distance to what I play but are nowhere near the price...20$ for 2 dozen.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Go to the link below and purchase this deal. It is 40 dollar voucher for 20 bucks. You have to pay 10 bucks shipping on top of that on the balls. I just bought 2 tozen Burner Tour balls, a dozen Diablo Tours, and a dozen precept laddies all for 30 bucks shipped. Not bad if you ask me.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/knoxville-knet-golf

Another vote for the Gamer V2. Until I came across an incredible deal on Pro V1s recently, I had been playing the Gamer for seven months after stocking up on a 2 for $33 deal at Golfsmith with very positive results. Great distance, solid spin and soft but durable cover. I've tried pretty much every ball in that $20-30 range and I'd put it up against any of them, just under the One Tour and NXT Tour and the price gives the Gamer the edge for me. As soon as I run out of the PV1s, I'm going right back to the Gamer.

That's true. Everytime I walk by those balls at Golf Galaxy I think "The brand name and price combined tell me this balls no good"
But from what I hear they're not bad at all.

I find about 4 a round on the course and I've been impressed thus far. I'll play a round with them tomorrow and let you know what I think.

Everyone's opinion of value for price and performance is probably going to be different. But a ball that I actually play quite a bit, especially on bad days on the tee, are the pinnacle golf precision balls. They can be found at walmart for about $1.00/ball. I find the spin into greens to be acceptable, and a pretty soft feel for a cheap ball. The distance for me was equal to some of the more expensive balls. So it's a good alternative for me.

As others have said, a lot of times if you buy the expensive balls in 'bulk,' the overall price per ball gets pretty cheap and reasonable.

Another vote for the Callaway Diablo. I like that ball and have yet to try the Tour version, folks say it is significantly softer around the greens. Perfect!

My local store has a sale going on the Callaway Tour i(s) and that ball is awesome!! They scoot off the tee and offer a ton of bite around the green. Hard to argue with $20/dozen for that fine a ball.

Another plug for the e6 if you want great distance and a straight ball flight off the tee. Feels great with your irons as well. But also check the e5 and e7 depending on what you need. I haven't tried the 2011 edition, but I'm still gaming the 2010 which you can find on eBay for much less. Doubt there'd be much of a difference.

:disapointed::excruciating::stickbeat:

the Penta deal isnt THAT hard! and at <$1 / ball it's tough to beat!

Do it! (Ben Stiller Starsky & Hutch voice)

Srixon Q-Star

It all depends what kind of golf ball you like. The deals are out there, online and in stores, you just have to decide on a type and do a bit of searching.

Back