Low cost quality ball

Pinnacle Dimensions are also very nice balls, good distance and spin is pretty decent as well. I saw these going for 13 a dozen at a Golf Galaxy a few days ago.

I'll give another vote for the Srixon AD333. At $12.50/dozen (when you buy in multiples of 2 dozen) it doesn't get much cheaper for a pretty good ball.

So many good balls out there in the $20-25 range. Head to Bridgestone's web fitting and get an E series ball. I think Srixon has an online fitting as well. Q Star seems to be a hit although I have yet to use one.

I find about 4 a round on the course and I've been impressed thus far. I'll play a round with them tomorrow and let you know what I think.

I played the front nine today with a TF Gamer and the back nine with the E6. Around the green I was impressed with the feel off the putter and the ability to hold the green. Off the tee, I felt the 'Gamer delivered greater distance. I didn't struggle with accuracy with either ball but I think the added distance and lower cost gave the Gamer the edge.

Another vote for the Gamer V2. Use a coupon-Golf Galaxy and Golf Smith have $10 of $50 every once in a while and you are getting a good ball at a decent price.

I stopped by Wallyworld today to give the TF Gamer a try, unfortunately they were all out. I am going to try another one tonight if I get the chance.

Over the weekend I found a ball plugged deep into the mud while walking up to mine. Wiped it off and put it in my pocket without even checking it out. 2 holes later I dug in my pocket and grabbed it without realizing it. Drove the ball my normal distance and was left with a 125 yard approach. Ball one hopped and stopped. Walked up, marked my ball and just then noticed that it was a Pinnacle Precision and not my normal Bridgestone RXS. Knocked it in for birdie. Got me to thinking about how much marketing makes us perceive a ball being better then the next one. I still play BS's but won't hesitate to play "crap" ones anymore.

I just picked up a mixed bag of recycled Bridgestone e5/e6's based on the good reviews here, will definitely pick up some new ones if I play them well over the weekend :D

Wilson Staff C:25 is a great 3-piece for around $20 a dozen,i gamed it for a year and a half and its a hi quality ball.It has great feel,distance and spin,i really had a hard time switching but i had to switch to a urethane ball.

If a hi end ball similar to the pro v1 is what your looking for you should try the Wilson Staff FG Tour out.I gamed it for awhile also and for me it did everything that a pro v1 does with a little less spin coming into the greens.Do not overlook this ball its a very good and very underrated ball.

Others cheapies but goodies are the TF D2 feel and gamer,W/S zip and 50 elite,B-stone FIX, and srixon AD333.

There are more but,those are the ones i have experience with.

i bought a box of Top Flite Gamer V2's and im excited to give them a try this weekend. i will say one thing, its nice having all the opinions at my fingertips to make my decisions

i bought a box of Top Flite Gamer V2's and im excited to give them a try this weekend. i will say one thing, its nice having all the opinions at my fingertips to make my decisions

Let us know how they work out for you. I don't expect them to be as nice as the Pentas, but I've been wrong before. Look forward to your feedback.

Let us know how they work out for you. I don't expect them to be as nice as the Pentas, but I've been wrong before. Look forward to your feedback.

will do. the pentas are probably my favorite ball but im always open to new things. and if what ive read on here is right, and a top flite ball is being compared to a pro v1x, then ill try it

I played two rounds with the gamer v2, and have been very impressed. flys straight and is great around the greens. Much better around the greens than any other ball I've played under 30 bucks. I'm going to compare it head to head with a tp black soon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I really like the Gamer V2s. I personally prefer them to the E6s (for some reason the E6s tend to balloon on my drives) but thats just me.

I like the Zips ok, good everywhere except with the driver for me (again, ballooning) and they might be the SOFTEST ball have ever played. I believe the Zips can be had for $40 for 4 dozen at rockbottomgolf.com

I am really curious about the Pinnacle Dimensions. I might have to pick up a doz. and play them. But not tomorrow.... Sticking with my Gamers.

Last edited:
Well after all this possitive mention about the gammers im deff gonna try a dozen out.

This is a great ball

Well after all this possitive mention about the gammers im deff gonna try a dozen out.

you might as well. hell, for $19.99, you cant lose

I feel this is worthy for my first post:

The Bridgestones E series WERE the best mid-priced balls on the market. They felt just like proVs to me. The new ones (dimple on dimple) are hard as rocks, and the dimples look really shallow (maybe thats just me). I'm terribly disappointed. Why would they change from such a popular ball that felt like a ProV to a mix between a Pinnacle (hard) and TopFlite (dimple on dimple). Bad business decision.

I like the Penta deal a lot, and often game NXT Tours (after running out of the old E6s) but when I go the cheap route it's Nike PD Softs. They are like $17/dozen, but are awesome. They are really soft, so they are not the most durable balls. Also, they are targeted towards slower swing speeds, but they work for me (~100 mph driver SS).

I'm giving the AD333's another shot today but only because I'm in timeout with my swing and don't want to waste some of my nicer balls.

I feel this is worthy for my first post:

The Bridgestones E series WERE the best mid-priced balls on the market. They felt just like proVs to me. The new ones (dimple on dimple) are hard as rocks, and the dimples look really shallow (maybe thats just me). I'm terribly disappointed. Why would they change from such a popular ball that felt like a ProV to a mix between a Pinnacle (hard) and TopFlite (dimple on dimple). Bad business decision.

I like the Penta deal a lot, and often game NXT Tours (after running out of the old E6s) but when I go the cheap route it's Nike PD Softs. They are like $17/dozen, but are awesome. They are really soft, so they are not the most durable balls. Also, they are targeted towards slower swing speeds, but they work for me (~100 mph driver SS).

e5 has a urethane cover, plays like the old TM Red. I have never hit the e6 or e7 myself.

I have played the AD333; the Gamer V2 and the e series Bridgestones......of these, the Gamer is the best, then AD333, then e's......my personal fav is the Maxfli Tour LC for my slower swing speed....as for price, Dick's has had them at $40 BOGO....so that puts them in the $20 range with the Gamer V2 & AD333.....$20 bucks for a urethane covered tour ball is the way to go.

Back