Low cost quality ball

I have played the AD333; the Gamer V2 and the e series Bridgestones......of these, the Gamer is the best, then AD333, then e's......my personal fav is the Maxfli Tour LC for my slower swing speed....as for price, Dick's has had them at $40 BOGO....so that puts them in the $20 range with the Gamer V2 & AD333.....$20 bucks for a urethane covered tour ball is the way to go.

Neither the V2 nor the AD333 are urethane. The B'stone E5 is the only one among the E series that is. Everything else is surlyn, though it may be called a 'proprietary' name (Ionomer comes to mind, I can't remember whose that is).

so today was my first round with the Gamer V2 and it seems to me that i got more spin off of the driver with that then the TaylorMade TP Black i was playing with also. but, the gamer definitely found a spot in my bag. durable, soft, good spin and good distance. it seemed like i was a club longer all day and i loved it

I played with an e6 for the first time yesterday. Super impressed. Ball is very soft with great distance. Now I'm going to try the srixon a333? And TF gamer v2 this Saturday.

I played with an e6 for the first time yesterday. Super impressed. Ball is very soft with great distance. Now I'm going to try the srixon a333? And TF gamer v2 this Saturday.

the Gamer V2 is a good ball

Balls that I've tried and really liked.

Pinnacle Precision or Dimension - I really like the feel on these off the club face. I can stop these dead or one bounce at the most. Very good driving distance. These are what I normally play

Srixon AD333 - Another that has a great feel off the club face. Another dead stopper on the green or one bounce. Very good driving distance. I'll play these as well on a regular round.

Top Flite Gamer - Great ball though the cover shreds pretty easily.

Wilson Staff - Another great ball that I'd consider playing. Felt good off the club face. Stopped fast on the green.

Popular balls I didn't like.

E6 - Too harsh off the club face for me. Not impressed.

Srixon Tri-speed - I would've thought a 3 piece ball would've worked better than the AD333. It didn't.

NXT Tour - Probably the ball I really don't get. I've played 2 rounds with them and didn't like them.

so today was my first round with the Gamer V2 and it seems to me that i got more spin off of the driver with that then the TaylorMade TP Black i was playing with also. but, the gamer definitely found a spot in my bag. durable, soft, good spin and good distance. it seemed like i was a club longer all day and i loved it

awesome to hear, its been mentioned as a favorite on these boards for awhile, I havent tried them yet, but might as well

awesome to hear, its been mentioned as a favorite on these boards for awhile, I havent tried them yet, but might as well

I was thinking the same thing. These sound like great golf balls, and at that price why not try them? Same with the Q-Star and many others.

I've had good success with:
- TopFlite Gamer V2
- Nike PD Long
- Bridgestone E6
- Nike Vapor One Speed

I really liked the E6, but I wanted something with more spin that didn't spin WAY too much off the tee.

I was thinking the same thing. These sound like great golf balls, and at that price why not try them? Same with the Q-Star and many others.

yeah the Q-stars have definitely been the more recent ball that has won some people over

After using both the Qstar the Callaway Hex Diablo Tour Id throw my vote to the Diablo Tour. And for one main reason, its more durable.

I played the Diablo HX Tour ball over the weekend and liked it. Good distance off the tee. Solid feel off the irons. Good spin into the greens. OK feel off the putter face

After using both the Qstar the Callaway Hex Diablo Tour Id throw my vote to the Diablo Tour. And for one main reason, its more durable.

Forgot to add the durable part. I thought I had lost one on the 12th hole so I put a ball in my pocket to go search. Found my ball and played on. Next tee shot I reach in my pocket to grab my ball and I couldn't tell which one was the gamer.

Yeah Id agree with about the putter part, actually all of what you said. Its great off the driver, good off the irons, predictable off the wedges and only ok with the putter. About what Id expect from the price point.

Check out the MacGregor VIPs. They are private labeled (for golfsmith) Srixon Z-stars, for much much less. They are great!

Check out the MacGregor VIPs. They are private labeled (for golfsmith) Srixon Z-stars, for much much less. They are great!

Is that for real? Or just an Internet rumor...

The Nike PD Soft is a cheaper ball I always go back to. Stops well on full iron shots, feels nice off the putter and driver. Doesn't cut up too much either.

Based on my research, it is true, not a rumor. They are made by Srixon, 3-piece urethane ball.

Nice, I might have to get a box shipped over so I can give them a hit

Based on my research, it is true, not a rumor. They are made by Srixon, 3-piece urethane ball.

if its true, tough to beat that ball for the price

In actual fact, Golfsmith has a special on the 2010 VIPs, 2 doz. for $32.

Decent low cost ball... especially if Golf Galaxy is still doing it. Srixon AD333 2 for $25. Soft feel off all shots, putts great, chips/pitches well (more than adequate greenside spin), and durable. They back up if you're into that. My coach and I agree that they are a premium ball dressed in drag. I'm using less than premium balls now with leaves on the ground.

An honourable mention as far as I go based on experience is the Bridgestone E5 at $25/doz. I did a review on it.

Alex

The local Costco here is selling Titleist Tour Distance for $30 for 2 dozen. I got them as a gift and they feel the exact same as the NXT. In fact it's probably the same ball with a different stamp on it. Great ball for a slower swing speed especially when they are only $15/dozen.

Bridgestone e5, it has a high spinning urethane cover but is only 25 dollars a dozen. Also lostgolfballs.com is good that is where I get most of my Callaway tour i(s) balls, a dozen second quality balls (pretty much no difference from first quality just markings) FOR 9 DOLLARS!

Last edited:
Back