Lydia Ko Parts with Another Coach

I think she needs a life coach who will help her figure out what she wants and that she needs to stand up to her parents if they are causing unnecessary chaos in her life. (If you know her personally, let her know my wife is available to help her switch her mindset. :D)

I remember being excited to see her dominate for years; disappointing that someone convinced her that changes needed to be made and now we are to the point where she's just average most of the time.

If I were searching for a coach as a pro, the Harmons would be on my short list.

At this point quit golf and become a Dr. I think that is what she aspired to be post golf

I don’t really see much of an issue with her career - it matches up with a lot of players. A few really got years and then back to earth. Very few can do more than that.

I don't know why she dumped her original coach. He helped get her where she was and she was playing outstanding golf.

Based on what I was told, it's also a little bit of Lydia feeling entitled after being told how great she is early on.

Based on what I was told, it's also a little bit of Lydia feeling entitled after being told how great she was early on.

FTFY

You’re only as good as the last tournament you play in. Just seems she’s chasing opposed to just doing your thing. It’s what got you there to begin with, so quit screwin with it.

What a shame, she’s got more talent than most of us combined. This is the most fickle game ever invented, it exploits every weakness wether it be mental or mechanical.

Golf, the destroyer of pride lol

After dumping so many coaches, what coach would really want to work with her? Unless they want to be the one who takes her back to greatness and add that to their resume'

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think the $200.00 an hour may have something to do with it.

Opening round of 75 for the returning champion did not do her any favors.

I don't know much about family relations in Asian cultures, so I ask a genuine question: if her parents ARE the issue, is leaving home/standing up to them even an option?

It’s possibly her feeling entitled, or whining, or blaming others. That sucks if so. However, a lot of pros change coaches. If something’s not working, move on and find something/someone who does work. It’s a professional relationship, it’s business. I can’t fault her for the pureness of moving on.

It’s possibly her feeling entitled, or whining, or blaming others. That sucks if so. However, a lot of pros change coaches. If something’s not working, move on and find something/someone who does work. It’s a professional relationship, it’s business. I can’t fault her for the pureness of moving on.

Me neither. I think its a case of repeatability that some are struggling with. Only in relation to being arguably the most dominant player on the planet just a few years ago.
There were multiple sponsor changes
4 coaching changes
Around 11 caddie changes

Is it a fault? Who knows, but anytime someone goes from dominant to middle of the pack and all of these changes are occurring its certainly an eye opener.

I don't know much about family relations in Asian cultures, so I ask a genuine question: if her parents ARE the issue, is leaving home/standing up to them even an option?

Not really. Parents are even more ingrained in their culture than Euro families

Nope.

I work in technology and have for over 20 years. As such, MOST of my good friends - including my best buddy of 20 years whom my wife refers to as my "first wife" - are Asian. Family is incredibly tight. And Asian parents do not joke around.

If she disrespected their wishes over something like GOLF ... she'd probably be banished from her entire family for life.

Nope.

I work in technology and have for over 20 years. As such, MOST of my good friends - including my best buddy of 20 years whom my wife refers to as my "first wife" - are Asian. Family is incredibly tight. And Asian parents do not joke around.

If she disrespected their wishes over something like GOLF ... she'd probably be banished from her entire family for life.

Well, looks like a classic rock/hard place situation.

I played Gulf Harbour, north of Auckland a couple of years ago. Lydia is well known at the club. She is very popular, but her father less so. He is an Asian parent of the worst kind, and makes her life hell, according to the member I played with.

Back