Make Olympic Golf better.

We aren't talking about other events. We are talking golf and there are 8 singles that qualified. If you're talking about team and single comp. then you need more than one player. Some that qualified are the only world class golfers their counties have.

You either exclude those countries or place a lesser player. Either way you handicap those countries that can't field teams. As singles, the lesser countries represented can at least have a shot at glory if they catch fire.
There was some guy ranked like 1200 in the owgr playing. You think he stands a chance?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I take the same format that they use for the NCAAs and copy that exactly

There was some guy ranked like 1200 in the owgr playing. You think he stands a chance?

If John Daly can win the PGA hammer on JD anything is possible. Will I hold my breath, no. But we have seen very interesting things happen on the golf course.

Make Olympic Golf better.

How about leaving pros out of it and using the 4 best amateurs (from qualifying events leading up) from each country that wants to field a team. Lots of international college golfers out there that are very very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If John Daly can win the PGA hammer on JD anything is possible. Will I hold my breath, no. But we have seen very interesting things happen on the golf course.
Hence the reason for the individual game as well.

To me this just feels like another wgc with uniforms and less talented golfers.

I would like to see match play.

Something team based, not individual.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would add a 2 day captains choice to it. Think it would be awesome to watch that golf go down

Stroke play seems a little dry, so I could go for a different format. Maybe 2 days of stroke play to qualify for match play. Maybe a 3 day stroke play event followed by a 2 day male/female tourney. I don't know...something different.

Back