Malaska Golf - Swing Coach

This thread is very interesting and I have tried Mike's swing theories on the range over the winter. While I struggle with starting the ball too left with his method, I feel that contact is much more consistent. I'm sure with a slight adjustment I can eliminate the left side.

I 'found' some of MM's videos on YT maybe a month ago.. I am intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is very interesting and I have tried Mike's swing theories on the range over the winter. While I struggle with starting the ball too left with his method, I feel that contact is much more consistent. I'm sure with a slight adjustment I can eliminate the left side.

Feel the heal of the club facing the ball a little longer on the downswing.

Man, so glad I found this thread. I sifted through some of the youtube videos this last week and instantly connected with the way he explains/teaches. I applied some his technique in my last 3 rounds. First round was a tough one, as is any when applying a new swing tweak. However, the other rounds were noticeably better ball striking then ever before. Its such an effortless swing with better compression. Clearly ive been doing it wrong, but through all my lessons (a dozen or so), none of the instructors were able to make understand so easily.

I signed up and will gladly compensate for his teachings!

Feel the heal of the club facing the ball a little longer on the downswing.

If the leading with the heal idea doesn't work for you, you might look at your shoulders. I still have a tendency to pull with the driver using Malaska's method, but the fix for me was staying in the shot and not letting the shoulders come up/out. My swing thought is to "watch the ball" or "watch the club hit the ball".

You don't want to stay down too long, because "keeping your head down" can also become a problem. So it's important to realize it's only for a split second and that you still have to be free enough to let your body move with the swing.

Anyone see Breed on the Golf Fix tonight advocating the feel of tipping the shaft forward/outward on the downswing to hit a shot like Justin Rose? It's the same "over the top from the inside" move Malaska promotes.

It's great to see more people sharing this idea.

Haven't seen it but I did DVR it so I'll take a look.

During the drive back home from the unofficial DMV outing last weekend in the midst of talking about everything under the sun. @ChristopherKee and I got to talking about my golf game and he said I should check out MMs method and ideas. I haven't had as much time to watch and learn before today but now I am really getting into it. Taking notes and trying to work on the mental side of my game. I knew there had to be a thread and will use and update with my progress.

Thanks again Chris. I really appreciate the advice and help

Really cool to hear the @golfunfiltered podcast about Mike and his mentality of teaching. I hope it will change my game for the better for a long time

Such a great listen on the golf unfiltered podcast didn't know he was the golden bears instructor

Thanks guys. Mike was a cool guy to speak with. Thanks for listening!

Thanks guys. Mike was a cool guy to speak with. Thanks for listening!

Good interview! I love watching his lessons, he makes it look so easy. If only that translated to my game lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I have worked my way through M1 and now and am on M2: Full Swing Fundamentals.

My grip with my left was very inconsistent and after watching his instruction about left hand grip I feel like this will make a big difference for me.

I wish I had not waited so long but this is reenergizing my passion for golf.

I am even taking notes!!!

575f9d34a89d121823f5680916ffb9fb.jpg

I'm a few steps behind you Crest, but am very intrigued by MM's teachings after listening to Adam's terrific interview last night. Started to watch YT and was initially a little turned off, but now reading through this thread has captivated me. Learning that what he is teaching is a feel to offset some of the reasons for getting stuck is an eye opener.

I'll say this about the man, he is a salesman. His teaching philosophy is being pushed on the pros at a series of courses in Minn, Iowa and SD.

I'll say this about the man, he is a salesman. His teaching philosophy is being pushed on the pros at a series of courses in Minn, Iowa and SD.
Aren't they all salesmen these days?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Aren't they all salesmen these days?

Not really, the guys I stay in touch with that taught me the biz and shared their knowledge allow it to come to them. These new instructors are selling their method and beliefs instead of just letting the results speak for them.

Not really, the guys I stay in touch with that taught me the biz and shared their knowledge allow it to come to them. These new instructors are selling their method and beliefs instead of just letting the results speak for them.
Unfortunately that's the modern day, youtube driven culture.

Except he posts the majority of his teachings for free on youtube. The "pay for" plan isn't necessary for everyone. And everyone I know that's tried his method has had success, including myself. This forum has a ton of positive feedback and you'd think that would be letting the "results speak for themselves".

I'm a few steps behind you Crest, but am very intrigued by MM's teachings after listening to Adam's terrific interview last night. Started to watch YT and was initially a little turned off, but now reading through this thread has captivated me. Learning that what he is teaching is a feel to offset some of the reasons for getting stuck is an eye opener.

Yeah I was reluctant in the beginning but I needed some really direct and easy to follow instructions and his teaching style is really what I needed. I am looking forward to actually practicing more than I ever have before.

Except he posts the majority of his teachings for free on youtube. The "pay for" plan isn't necessary for everyone. And everyone I know that's tried his method has had success, including myself. This forum has a ton of positive feedback and you'd think that would be letting the "results speak for themselves".

I'm glad his method has help you a few others on the forum. Im not a fan and that's ok. I know a few guys that ran the other direction after they started hitting sideways after his personal lessons with them. They invested time and money saw improvement and then went sideways. Paid to undo what he had done.

There is something like 20 people in this thread that had positive results from the videos (not a "few").

Also. it sounds like operator error by your friends. They probably are no longer doing what they were taught.

How many times does someone come to your swing tips thread and see improvement from your suggestions only to come back weeks or months later with more problems. It's not fair to blame that on you and more likely than not is the golfers failure to perform the suggestion properly. Or the application of your suggestion revealed another flaw in their swing that was somewhat masked to them by their self-made corrections/band-aids.

I like how he talks about having fun with the game because in the end it is a game. Not how I make a living I do it for fun and because I like the challenge.

What I was doing before wasn't working and I needed a change and this is what was suggested to me by someone trustworthy. If it doesn't work or more importantly it isn't allowing me to enjoy the game I will go another direction. Simple and easy in my book.

I like how he talks about having fun with the game because in the end it is a game. Not how I make a living I do it for fun and because I like the challenge.

What I was doing before wasn't working and I needed a change and this is what was suggested to me by someone trustworthy. If it doesn't work or more importantly it isn't allowing me to enjoy the game I will go another direction. Simple and easy in my book.

Don't change your wedge game. Thanks.

Back