I'm pretty comfortable with that haha
angry schitts creek GIF by CBC

I have both

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k #2
Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS

Options are fun

Mallet for me is much more consistent

I learned regardless of shape I putt better with minimal to no offset.

I putt better with mallets or mid-mallets, so that's what I generally stick to. My current (TH5K Triple Wide) kind of blurs the line between blade and mid-mallet.

I've played both, but the most recently mallets. Think it's a visual thing for me, more confidence

Blade for over 40 years but have been strictly with mallets for the past 1.5 years with no plans to go back to a blade on a regular basis.
This. Switched in fall of 21 and did not look back

Last edited:
33" face balanced mallet, 34.5" blade on bad back days. I can be great with either. Usually I am just not good.

I am a big fan of both blades & mallets and alternate back and forth between my Toulon Chicago and Las Vegas with a little bit of my new Odyssey Eleven sprinkled in this season.

Funny thing I bought the LV years ago when it first came out as I really like the feel of my Chicago and wanted to get another “7” shape. I could never quite click with the Vegas though until this year after trying 3 different grips, the latest has turned its performance around 180°. Probably 75% of my rounds this year have been with the LV and 100% since I put on the new grip.

FWIW, the #1 selling golf club of all time is a putter…a mallet putter…the Odyssey 2-Ball putter.

FWIW, the #1 selling golf club of all time is a putter…a mallet putter…the Odyssey 2-Ball putter.
Which is on my list as one of the ugliest mainstream putters ever. But obviously they work for a lot of people.

I aim blades better, but my putting stroke is better with mallets. Anything inside 10' I am more comfortable and confident with mallets, but distance lag putting I am more comfortable with blades.

I've used both at times with relative success. My short fitting at club champion for putters had me in a "box" putter, and the guy told me mid mallets would be best there.

I'm in my mallet phase right now.

Mid mallet works best for me. I struggled with a mallet. I can and do currently play a blade but I find that a mid mallet with some offset is my best option.

I feel much more comfortable with my mallet.

used to find distance control was better with a blade and line control better with a mallet. As I was worse with distance than line, used a blade for ages. But moved to a mallet as it allows me to focus on distance and not worry about the line (if that makes any sense?). But I practice indoor# on a mat with the blade to help with improving contact.

A

Toe putter so vintage blade rolls it home.

I’d like to see you try this!

I bet those would work really well for me. I’ve use mallet putters for years, but I’ve tried some popular styles (TM Spiders) that I struggled with because I felt like I had to manipulate the club to keep it square at impact.

I think (for me) it’s less about “blade vs mallet” and more “what’s the easiest style to keep square at impact?”
My current gamer (SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange) does this really well.

I do think - in general - center(ish) shafted mallets tend to be better for me. But it looks like that L.A.B. Blade would work too

I think I’m sticking with blade.

Mallet. No matter how big the blade is, it always feels too light to me.

Back