Matrix Reign Black Shafts Review

I'll have a 60t x flex in my hands soon. Can't wait to put it through the paces. Next time I see James I'll need to take a few swipes with that 70t :)

I'll have a 60t x flex in my hands soon. Can't wait to put it through the paces. Next time I see James I'll need to take a few swipes with that 70t :)

I was gonna say....this seems right up your alley.

Interesting tidbit.... my club builder who has high level matrix acct says the reign black is the same shaft as the vlct (which I thought was the same as velox?)

Interesting tidbit.... my club builder who has high level matrix acct says the reign black is the same shaft as the vlct (which I thought was the same as velox?)
Not based on the info I have from matrix, rather, they profile was utilized as a baseline for the design of this shaft.

This one still has my interest as well. And it looks bada$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not based on the info I have from matrix, rather, they profile was utilized as a baseline for the design of this shaft.
I can see why he would say that if the baseline profile is similar. Goes to show what people say can't always be taken word for word. I'm very excited to get my hands on one soon

I can see why he would say that if the baseline profile is similar. Goes to show what people say can't always be taken word for word. I'm very excited to get my hands on one soon
Yep yep. Materials have very much changed here but the profile was also tweaked. I think you'll enjoy it.

Stop firing me up about this you 2!!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One. More. Week... then I can post some relevant stuff in here

Yes!!!
578f97e18d87877bc8129006f747f039.jpg
088fa9fcfcae484285f1ca847b9cd5af.jpg

Took some swipes at the range. Shaft is responsive and stable. More to come

From my first experience I'd say this shaft is mid spin profile. Paired with a low spinning head ( 915d4) at 9.5 loft I'm seeing a pretty high ball flight. Guessing that I'm getting about 275 ish carry. I'll loft down a touch and see what I get tomorrow

Really liking this. I have the 60t in x flex (263 cpm, matrix prints it right on the shaft) in a 915 d4 head (45" d4 swingweight). Very stable and responsive. Don't know any numbers yet but I'm seeing good flight our on the course. Looks is killer on this shaft too

Yes!!!
578f97e18d87877bc8129006f747f039.jpg
088fa9fcfcae484285f1ca847b9cd5af.jpg

Took some swipes at the range. Shaft is responsive and stable. More to come
Great looking set up. Curious to see how this plays after you loft down.

Back