Matt Wolf Disqualified. Mmmmmm

BigTreble

Reaction score
Looks like he signed for a lower score. Im sure accidents happen, but as much as the golfer and the caddie are in the yardage book and looking at numbers not sure how this happens.

Is this as bad as Patrick Reed? What are your thoughts.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2021-matthew-wolff-disqualified

Sorry I meant Wolff, but cant change the title.

I don’t know, but I could imagine the roars of Reed had done it haha.

The DQ didn’t matter all that much in terms of him playing this weekend however.

Saw this in the Masters thread yesterday. Had he been close or in the cut it would have mattered but as it is it doesn't haha

If it had been Reed there would have been roars to pull his tour card!

Late to the party again. I dudnt see it in the thread. Definitely didnt matter to the field, maybe he feeks better with a DQ versus missing the cut, lol

just sloppy.

Tough week for him.

He's been having a tough time lately. The incorrect scorecard is more of a reflection of his current mental state than any intent. Careless, I believe.

I’m sure they just got sloppy knowing he was out of it. The wrong score was on 17 so he knew he was going home by that point already.

Saw this in the Masters thread yesterday. Had he been close or in the cut it would have mattered but as it is it doesn't haha
Exactly. Right side of the cut line, he gets the card right cause he’s adding it all up and there aren’t many strokes to add up. 7+ from the number? Probably a bit more careless adding it all up.

Hopefully just a stupid mistake, but maybe he was trying to wiggle his way into the cut haha

I don’t understand why these guys are keeping a score card to begin with... they should just be signing a digital card that was kept for them.

something like this when everyone knows their score is dumb.

Don’t really even know why it matters considering he wasn’t even close to the cut line

Does he still get the ~$20k paycheck for playing in the tournament or is that forefeited because he's DQ'd?

I think he was careless, no way an incorrect score isn't found out. Advantage is, his DQ expunges his awful score from the record.

I think he was out of sorts from top to bottom.

Just seems like a sloppy mistake to me. Not much advantage in shaving one stroke on #17 when you're 7 or 8 strokes beyond the cut line.

Definitely wasn’t intentional. Probably was frustrated that he wasn’t going to the weekend and forgot about a putt or chip. I don’t think this compares to Reed

Cheating implies gaining some sort of advantage (which Reed has been accused of multiple times). Wolff had nothing to gain by doing this so very likely a careless mistake. If Reed did it (in Wolff's situation), I think eyebrows would be raised a little more, but with no advantage gained by getting away with it, it would still be classified a careless mistake.

It’s not a great look but understandable how it could happen. It’s got to be a huge mental lapse. Think how he reacted to it would be a difference to Reed. Did he accept it and own the action and the dq? Or try to be adamant that he did nothing wrong when it was discovered?

Did he just WD from a tournament earlier this year with his hand injury or did he not sign a scorecard and get DQ'd even though he was missing the cut badly? I vaguely remember it being the WGC at Concession

It’s not a great look but understandable how it could happen. It’s got to be a huge mental lapse. Think how he reacted to it would be a difference to Reed. Did he accept it and own the action and the dq? Or try to be adamant that he did nothing wrong when it was discovered?
As long as we’re talking about things that have nothing to do with the other.... I hope he didn’t react like Tiger after a bad shot. You know what I mean. The cursing, club slamming, and carrying on like a petulant child?

I'd like to know how they knew his score was incorrect? If the tourney has someone keeping the score for every player, why don't they just compare numbers before the card gets signed?

Back