MAWGrip Golf Accessory Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Its a cool idea, but I'm not sure I can take it seriously. A for effort though, I just don't feel I need it.

I'm sure this will benefit some people and thanks to THP for the review but this isnt something i'm particularly interested in. I already carry a small towel to the green to clean my ball so I just lay any extra clubs on it while I wait. Just seems like another item to try to keep up with but hey, to each his own and I hope this helps someone.

Nice review here Dan. This is definitely a great idea for a product but I already have too many things hanging off my bag but those items at least get used each time out.

Good idea but just way too easy to achieve the same results with items I already own.

Great writeup Dan. This seems like the product for the person who needs or at least thinks they need everything. I will stick with a towel.

Interesting product that does target an issue on the course, but it's just not an extra "gadget" I'd want to add to my bag. I can definitely see some people liking it though.

There are definitely some out there that would love these, I'm just not one, towels work awesome. :alien:

Makes sense, I like my grips dry. However, the time to take on and off would add up over the course of the round and for $15.95 is a little pricey for me...

I would rather use this:

i-DmchrWv-XL.jpg

Neat idea, but not something I would ever get use of. A towel is just much much easier and will be used for several different things.

I used to use a divot tool to place my clubs on as well, and quite honestly, it was more of a hassle than I wanted. Now I just take a microfiber towel which allows me to wipe my ball and place my clubs -- Something I've grown incredibly accustomed to.

Using the MAWGrip in place of the towel, I still felt a bit inclined to carry it with me anyways as it doesn't provide a solution for cleaning my ball. Not really the same scenario in the fairway, and that was a nice option to have when it was cart path only - however I'd probably need multiple MAWGrips each time I walked from the cart to make them effective. I found the most effective use to be in the rain. While waiting to play, with a club selected, it was nice to have the MAWGrip keeping it dry.

You guys are right about a couple things. Yes, there are other options, and yes it's an effective way to keep a grip dry. It's just a matter of finding out what is best for each individual.

Do I sense a THP branded MAWGrip Golf Accessory, available in the THP Store, sometime in the future???

Just doesn't make sense to me. I already have a towel that i bring to the green to clean my ball and lay extra clubs down on. Why would I need something else that would require me to still bring my towel with me.

Just doesn't make sense to me. I already have a towel that i bring to the green to clean my ball and lay extra clubs down on. Why would I need something else that would require me to still bring my towel with me.

It's a matter of personal preference. We have divot tools in place of simple tees to fix our ball marks, and we use large coins rather than the small button that comes on our gloves to mark our balls. I don't think it's a matter of need really, more just an opportunity for something different. Choices are good!

Look, the product will fit what some people need. Me personally, I don't have a need for it, but others do I'm sure. But then again, I use iron covers on all my irons and the vast majority of people hate those. So I guess its all based on what people think they need.

Good review though.

~Rock

Great review Dan, im guessing these are for a very niche crowd, but interesting none the less. As I walk I take my bag and clubs right to my ball 99% of the time so don't have to rest clubs on the ground.

Great review Dan, im guessing these are for a very niche crowd, but interesting none the less. As I walk I take my bag and clubs right to my ball 99% of the time so don't have to rest clubs on the ground.

I agree with lopsta, I have no doubt there would be people that want them, but like lopsta, I walk so my bag is with me pretty much 99.9% of the time

If I do have a need to take a couple of clubs I will just use a tee/divot tool/towel I carry to clean my ball to prop the other one up while I play my shot

Back