Meeting the Companies - Canadan and JB in Cali

Was there any info on the Hank H. Event? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes lots of it. As we get closer a whole lot will start to come out.

I think it's each to their own, and I can't really say overall how the feedback would be for your individual swing, but I'll definitely have some more thoughts on Modus in the next few weeks if you find your way into that thread. I do want to share this image;

6bf400ff82a04adac2a29245bf6c349f.png

A great representation of what to expect, and both shafts spec really close to 130g.

Love the chart. I plan on doing probably my last ever fitting over the winter for probably my last set of irons. I’ll definitely give them all a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I wasn't a PX/TT homer I'd really give Nippon a shot. Hearing the folks from Ping just gush about them was eye opening. To say they have mastered their craft is an understatement.

If I wasn't a PX/TT homer I'd really give Nippon a shot. Hearing the folks from Ping just gush about them was eye opening. To say they have mastered their craft is an understatement.

They're SO FREAKING GOOD, and consistent.

I've been raving about the 105's here on the forum for some time now, about time Dan's slow self catches up. :angel:

I've been raving about the 105's here on the forum for some time now, about time Dan's slow self catches up. :angel:

The 105s are excellent. I just find I get along with something a bit heavier to keep my tempo in check.

The 105s are excellent. I just find I get along with something a bit heavier to keep my tempo in check.

125 if you like the 105 flight characteristic, or 120 if you want a little higher initial launch. and if you like the 105 flight, definitely seek out the regio formula mb shaft for driver and fairway wood.

if nippon will hurry up and make some murdered out modus iron shafts, i would jump on a set of 120s to put in the forged tours i have, and maybe a set of 125 for my kftb.

I think it's each to their own, and I can't really say overall how the feedback would be for your individual swing, but I'll definitely have some more thoughts on Modus in the next few weeks if you find your way into that thread. I do want to share this image;

6bf400ff82a04adac2a29245bf6c349f.png

A great representation of what to expect, and both shafts spec really close to 130g.

what i've never understood about that chart is what is the bottom red line?

what i've never understood about that chart is what is the bottom red line?

That whole area, as I understand it, is the range for the 120's.

I think that's the best steel shaft in that weight range, and I'm not sure it's close.

I think that's the best steel shaft in that weight range, and I'm not sure it's close.

The way they talk about their process and the feedback on their tolerances is really appealing. I’m eager to see them find a way to tell that story to the every day golfer.

The way they talk about their process and the feedback on their tolerances is really appealing. I’m eager to see them find a way to tell that story to the every day golfer.

I think that's part of the genius of TT/PX's "Handcrafted" branding. That's maybe the one place I've seen the idea of tight tolerances really resonate with people (as that's the main advantage)

Ugh. Found the belt. It’s occupied.

412d5e1b2ecce191c17a0af444ddd028.jpg

I'm going to have to make this Grandaddy shindig some day.

This year wasn't my year, maybe next year will be? I do like the sounds of the 2019 Grandaddy so much better than the 2018. Ugh. 2018 is so last year.

TBT I was looking forward to a captain named Tequila though. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if we had a captain named Whiskey next year. There is a Whiskey on this board too. I'd follow him and/or Captain Morgan to hell and back. Is there a Captain Morgan here? If there is I'd love to take my ugly ass swing and help bring home that belt to the good people of THP.

THP!! THP!! Those guys at Callaway are living a dream anyways. They don't need no belt to validate it.

Hey THP!

I'm posting from California after day one of a three day 'visit the companies' trip with JB, and I thought it would be fun to get a thread going to share some of the things we're looking into, and maybe open the line for you guys to get some questions flowing in case we can sneak them in with the companies we're yet to meet.

Today was TaylorMade and Aldila.
Tomorrow is Cobra and KBS.
Wednesday will be with Callaway and Nippon.

Also, I had my first In n Out experience today. Should we talk about it?

Dan, any insight on new Golf Balls from TaylorMade coming in 2019 that you can share?
Would think TP5 is due for a "Refresh"

Back