MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

I've owned 4 different ones, Battcaddy (X2), Kangaroo, and another one. This one is the best so far. Spend the extra money up front. I learned the hard way and wasted money on the others
This is very good advice. Get a good one, even if it costs a couple hundred more.

Funny story probably about 5 or 6 years ago, I was playing at night around 7 o’clock by myself And there was a group in front of me playing slow and there was no one behind me so I was hitting multiple shots just doing some lady evening practicing. I stopped by on one of our water holes that had been drained for quite a while as they were doing repairs and putting in a new liner when I saw a handful of balls just sitting there waiting to be picked up.

I know I had hit the stop button on my remote and put it in my back pocket and went down looking for some shiny, free Prov’s. Maybe jumping down or whatever had somehow engaged the start button on my remote.

Anyway came up a few minutes later and my cart was gone..... nowhere to be seen. I had no idea what direction it might’ve gone as it does have a mind of its own sometimes as far as going in a straight direction. I knew it wasn’t in the pond because of the boulders surrounding so I just headed across the fairway and so look in the woods and lo and behold I found it about 10 yards down in the woods still spinning its wheels.

Having learned my lesson, I always turn off the remote before I venture away from it just in case my butt activates the start button. Funny incident, at least to me at the time.

My buddy tipped his cart again Sunday. This time it tipped when he lost control of it and drove it into the back of my bloody foot LOL.

My buddy tipped his cart again Sunday. This time it tipped when he lost control of it and drove it into the back of my bloody foot LOL.
Sounds like he needs driving school.

The first time I used my Battcaddy, on hole 3, I had the cart lined up to walk behind number 1 green to get to hole 4 tee box. Shoved the remote in my pocket which made the cart take off (which I didn't know). Lining up my putt I hear the guys on number 1 green screaming as my cart goes flying across the green, down the other side, across the waste area straight into a tree. My wife was rolling. Guys on number 1 were laughing too.

The first time I used my Battcaddy, on hole 3, I had the cart lined up to walk behind number 1 green to get to hole 4 tee box. Shoved the remote in my pocket which made the cart take off (which I didn't know). Lining up my putt I hear the guys on number 1 green screaming as my cart goes flying across the green, down the other side, across the waste area straight into a tree. My wife was rolling. Guys on number 1 were laughing too.
I didn’t realize that there were so many mishaps with these things. 😂

I didn’t realize that there were so many mishaps with these things. 😂
I was out playing and I heard a yell, when I turned it looked like a golfer was being attacked by an electric push cart. It turns out he got turned around somehow and hit the wrong button/buttons ran himself over with it and he got a huge hematoma on his leg. It was comical at first looking at it, but he was laid up for a week or two so I felt bad for him. He still catches flack about it from the guys in the club.

Ok, for you people reading about these misadventures, don’t be nervous. These carts really aren’t that difficult to control. 😂.

Ok, for you people reading about these misadventures, don’t be nervous. These carts really aren’t that difficult to control. 😂.
I agree, I have had mine for one season and I can say it has changed my golfing experience. I feel so much better physically when I can walk the golf course, I am looser, I feel I stay in a better rhythm. Being able to do it and not have to carry or push you bag has been a godsend.

Towards the end of last year, I got a non remote Motocaddy to replace my Clicgear. Noticed immediately I had a lot more energy towards the end of the round. However, two incidents made me switch to a remote cart, I was greenside and going to putt, set my cart to go 60 yards toward the next tee box, lining up my putt and my buddy starts laughing pointing to my cart. It goes past the next tee box, heading towards a water hazard. I had to run about 100 yards and caught it about 10 yards from the water. The second time I pick a club and laser the pin, cart is behind me, have to admit I was between clubs and it took a little longer than usually to pull the trigger. Finally I hit the ball, turn around to put the club in the bag. Gone no cart? I must of accidently touched the start button, the cart was a fairway and a half away! Did a tonne of research and ended up with the Bag Boy version of the MGI Navigator, can't wait to try it in a couple of months.

Towards the end of last year, I got a non remote Motocaddy to replace my Clicgear. Noticed immediately I had a lot more energy towards the end of the round. However, two incidents made me switch to a remote cart, I was greenside and going to putt, set my cart to go 60 yards toward the next tee box, lining up my putt and my buddy starts laughing pointing to my cart. It goes past the next tee box, heading towards a water hazard. I had to run about 100 yards and caught it about 10 yards from the water. The second time I pick a club and laser the pin, cart is behind me, have to admit I was between clubs and it took a little longer than usually to pull the trigger. Finally I hit the ball, turn around to put the club in the bag. Gone no cart? I must of accidently touched the start button, the cart was a fairway and a half away! Did a tonne of research and ended up with the Bag Boy version of the MGI Navigator, can't wait to try it in a couple of months.
I think a remote is virtually essential, if one wants the benefits of the powered cart.

My powered cart is non remote, and I must admit, I don’t feel the need to get a remote. I’ve used one for years, it saves my back and I feel I have always more energy throughout the round. I’m more than happy to walk alongside it with a hand on it to guide it.

My powered cart is non remote, and I must admit, I don’t feel the need to get a remote. I’ve used one for years, it saves my back and I feel I have always more energy throughout the round. I’m more than happy to walk alongside it with a hand on it to guide it.
I wonder how much more it is to get a similar quality cart with remote? That’s awesome that you like what you have and it works for you. The benefit for me in having a remote is that I have had a broken neck and two herniated disks in my lower back. Having a remote allows me to be stretching my shoulders, neck and back while I am approaching my next shot. One time, I forgot my remote and it didn’t feel quite as free to perform this between shot routine to stay loose.

Last edited:
These stories remind me of how handy my belt clip is going to be. I won't put the remote in a pocket. It will clip to my belt to my left rear side so it won't interfere with the swing or putting and when I need it, it'll be right where I can grab it and it cannot be accidentally activated.

I'll try to post some pics at some point. It's the only improvement that I can think of. It snaps solidly into place and then as you reach for it, your thumb releases the clip and it comes right off with ease. Like I said earlier, it's for my dog's GPS unit but the clip slides right over the existing one on the zip remote. It'll work well on the course

I wonder how much more it is to get a similar quality cart with remote? That’s awesome that you like what you have and it works for you. The benefit for me in having a remote is that I have had a broken neck and two herniated disks in my lower back. Having a remote allows me to be stretching my shoulders, neck and back while I am approaching my next shot. One time, I forgot my remote and it didn’t feel quite as red to perform this between shot routine to stay loose.

With the deal at Costco, the Zip Navigator is only $250 extra than what mine was new. That’s a no brainer. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, we all get ripped off for power carts here (I’ll exclude the zip, as that’s a steal). I bought mine used. I refuse to pay close to a grand for a non remote power cart. The companies seem to add 40 or 50% to the price for the US market for some reason.

Question after reading thru some more replies, is there really that much difference in not having the remote? Looking at the Zip and the X3 you are talking $500 difference between the 2 models. Other than the remote it seems hard to discern and significant differences, the remote being the biggest one.

Question after reading thru some more replies, is there really that much difference in not having the remote? Looking at the Zip and the X3 you are talking $500 difference between the 2 models. Other than the remote it seems hard to discern and significant differences, the remote being the biggest one.

Not even a question--get the remote. I started out last season with the X5. Then my buddies got the Navigator, and I was able to see the difference first-hand. Ended up returning my X5 and picking up the Navigator AT. Say you're just walking up the fairway. With the remote, you are sending out your Navigator comfortably ahead of you, and you are just walking up, chatting, etc. With the X5, my hands were always on the handle, and I was steering all the way up the fairway, up hills, around corners, etc.

Say you are on the putting green and finish putting. With the X5, I'd have to go back to where my X5 was, turn it on, manually steer it all the way around to the next tee box, etc. With the Navigator, you just maneuver the cart around the green to the next tee box, while you can simply walk the most direct route to the next tee box.

Many other examples during a round where the remote control is indispensable. Having used both extensively, there really is no comparison, and the remote is well worth it. All of that said, over the course of this long and busy past golf season, my crew has had Navigators over-turned, Navigators in sand traps, Navigators on greens grinding the flag, and Navigators in the water. So, use the lock feature, keep track of what you are doing, and enjoy the heck out of it. My .02 cents.

Not even a question--get the remote. I started out last season with the X5. Then my buddies got the Navigator, and I was able to see the difference first-hand. Ended up returning my X5 and picking up the Navigator AT. Say you're just walking up the fairway. With the remote, you are sending out your Navigator comfortably ahead of you, and you are just walking up, chatting, etc. With the X5, my hands were always on the handle, and I was steering all the way up the fairway, up hills, around corners, etc.

Say you are on the putting green and finish putting. With the X5, I'd have to go back to where my X5 was, turn it on, manually steer it all the way around to the next tee box, etc. With the Navigator, you just maneuver the cart around the green to the next tee box, while you can simply walk the most direct route to the next tee box.

Many other examples during a round where the remote control is indispensable. Having used both extensively, there really is no comparison, and the remote is well worth it. All of that said, over the course of this long and busy past golf season, my crew has had Navigators over-turned, Navigators in sand traps, Navigators on greens grinding the flag, and Navigators in the water. So, use the lock feature, keep track of what you are doing, and enjoy the heck out of it. My .02 cents.
That is good info and the types of things I was looking for.

I had 2 of these carts and probably 500+ rounds total and would never go without remote but I just like walking without being tied to anything. Reminds me that I have to figure out what is going on with my current 5 year old model.....sat on shelf for half of last year.

....on the other hand, I have a bud who has used electric caddys for years and he prefers to just hold the handle. Said he used the remote for a while but found that he'd rather have the cart in hand.

I only got to use mine once but I anticipate using the remote....seems pretty simple to me.

....on the other hand, I have a bud who has used electric caddys for years and he prefers to just hold the handle. Said he used the remote for a while but found that he'd rather have the cart in hand.

I only got to use mine once but I anticipate using the remote....seems pretty simple to me.
Might be a comfort level kind of thing. I can see where it could be different holding the handle and having you arm in that position for 18 holes. Where as with remote you just walk along more naturally swinging the arms.
I can see both sides of the equation here

To me, I wouldn’t have one without the remote. It is that important for my use. I want my hands free while I am walking to be able to loosen up my back. I know that others will feel like it is less important than I do.

My Zip Navigator is replacing a Motocaddy S1, I have not used it yet due to weather but looking forward to using the remote and not having to use my hands to guide the cart. If I didn't read it all the threads on this forum I would not have known to lock the remote.

There were numerous times when my playing partners would laugh at me when they saw my cart take off with me chasing after it.

I have the zip navigator, and on certain holes I am forced to use it as a powered cart not using the remote due to tightness of the cart patch and some pretty nasty waste areas where the cart will fall over. For me, it is much more enjoyable to use the remote as you can walk "freer", without my feet banging into the cart while walking. It is also nice to send the cart to the next tee box while walking to the green for putting. My only advice is to purchase the cart you want based on features, and not on price. I made the mistake of buy 2 Battcaddy's (both with remotes), but none of them tracked straight so I spent 1/2 my time keeping the cart on track. Now with the gyroscope, I just point and shoot.

I have the zip navigator, and on certain holes I am forced to use it as a powered cart not using the remote due to tightness of the cart patch and some pretty nasty waste areas where the cart will fall over. For me, it is much more enjoyable to use the remote as you can walk "freer", without my feet banging into the cart while walking. It is also nice to send the cart to the next tee box while walking to the green for putting. My only advice is to purchase the cart you want based on features, and not on price. I made the mistake of buy 2 Battcaddy's (both with remotes), but none of them tracked straight so I spent 1/2 my time keeping the cart on track. Now with the gyroscope, I just point and shoot.
Good advice.

Very good thoughts!!! Thanks

Back