As I said, I respect your opinion, it appears you don't respect mine, and that is fine. I'm not angry, it's all good. Tone is always hard to tell in written word. I stayed out of this thread yesterday, and I will continue to do so now. But I will always support the great people (mods/staff/and members) who make this place great. Like @JB said we don't always have to agree, I will leave it at that.

I respect your opinion completely, disagreement and disrespect are not the same thing. This is after all a discussion forum, not an agreement forum. lol.

All that being said, someone reached out to me via PM and caught me up on some things, and I can understand the reactions. However, it's probably important to be aware that everyone reading this doesn't have the same history, and how those replies can come off to folks that don't have all of the information. All of my comments pertained to this post, and reactions in this post. And in this day and age, just saying trust me this is offensive really doesn't go too far with me.

i'm late to the party, so i apologize if i'm beating a dead horse. i think it's the two bolded statements above that were an issue, at least for me. you obviously have a right to feel any way you wish about the mgs guys. my understanding is they haven't been the most professional, respectful or even kind to this forum, or its staff/mods. i wasn't a big fan before, but their behavior during ballgate or coregate or whatever you want to call it turned me off indefinitely. so when you wax flowery about them and their site and their supposed methodology, then go on to say thp is no different, i hope you can see why that might be an issue for some of us. i think there's a lot of great stuff in the remainder of your article, though, and i hope you keep engaging with us. i'd personally prefer that engagement to feel specific to us, rather than prefab crossposting. otherwise it starts to come across as using this place for self-promotion, rather than genuine engagement. i'm certainly not accusing you of that (honestly, i'm not), just saying it can start to feel that way.

When I say THP is no different, it means that golf sites are places of information, interaction etc. It’s not gospel. Every golfer needs to take the information and opinions as only that and decide for themselves what’s best. That was the point there.

Basically I’m saying that THP, WRX etc are golf websites. Not sure how that could offend

When I say THP is no different, it means that golf sites are places of information, interaction etc. It’s not gospel. Every golfer needs to take the information and opinions as only that and decide for themselves what’s best. That was the point there.

Basically I’m saying that THP, WRX etc are golf websites. Not sure how that could offend

i know that's what you meant. but in the context of praising them for what they do and how they do it, juxtaposed against not only the history of how they've behaved but also what many of us see as glaring holes in their testing and presentation/culture, putting thp anywhere in that same conversation muddies the message. at least to me.

i know that's what you meant. but in the context of praising them for what they do and how they do it, juxtaposed against not only the history of how they've behaved but also what many of us see as glaring holes in their testing and presentation/culture, putting thp anywhere in that same conversation muddies the message. at least to me.

Respect. Thx for clarifying that🙏🏼

Hey y’all. In an effort to let this topic alone and move on to more exciting convo, wanted to say that I totally respect the opinions in this thread. As mentioned never intended nor imagined it would garner any negative reaction and will chalk it up to a post that got lost in translation. All good. My take away here is that the THP crew is an honest passionate bunch that love this community. I’m all in on that.

@MWard @GolferGal @jdtox and the other mods. Appreciate your letting me interact in here and next time an idea like this pops up, I now know the best practice to get a focused convo going that doesn’t muddy any waters.

Have a great day everyone!

LFG

JDub

Last edited:
Hey y’all. In an effort to let this topic alone and move on to more exciting convo, wanted to say that I totally respect the opinions in this thread. As mentioned never intended nor imagined it would garner any negative reaction and will chalk it up to a post that got lost in translation. All good. My take away here is that the THP crew is an honest passionate bunch that love this community. I’m all in on that.

@JB @Canadan and the other mods. Appreciate your letting me interact in here and next time an idea like this pops up, I now know the best practice to get a focused convo going that doesn’t muddy any waters.

Have a great day everyone!

LFG

JDub
Just a quick FYI as you get to know our crew and community, @MWard and @jdtox are our forum "mods". @Jman and @ddec are our staff writers. Here's a link with a bit of bio on each of our staff if you'd like to get to know us better.

how is it an insult? What am I missing? I’m asking with respect
I'll tell you why....Starting a post with a thread title, a picture of a competitors Instagram, their topic and their logo pasted all over the place would get deleted and possibly banned from WRX or MGS in hot second. The only reason is wasn't here is because we were asked not to. As others have mentioned the information/topic would have been better served if presented differently. If we were playing a drinking game while reading your thread we'd all be drunk with the amount of times you mentioned MGS.

You haven't had the pleasure of meeting THP staff or members yet, maybe you will someday but to us everything about this post came across as a slap in the face. What WE do here takes time, money, hours and a **** load or passion as well. This place is like a 2nd home for many of us and we are proud of it. Comments like the bolded below is why we feel insulted and get no respect.

Ok, I will preface this by saying I adore the MGS crew. Adam, Tony, Nickel, etc. Great guys with a ton of passion for the game. Played golf with them at events and consider them friends. I have been an MGS user for years as I feel their niche is analyzing equipment from a very micro level. What they do takes time, money, hours, and a s$$t load of passion. Essentially they are the Kelly Blue Book of the golf industry. That’s great for the game. HOWEVER, like anything else, the information they provide is ONLY to inform you on your journey to the perfect equipment. That’s it. The Hackers Paradise, GolfWRX are no different. None of what they say or I say is gospel, it’s up to you the golfer to take that info and use it responsibly. Sounds like anything else in life right?

Nonetheless, MGS is FANTASTIC and although I disagree with this take, the respect to my friends stays firm in hand.

I'll tell you why....Starting a post with a thread title, a picture of a competitors Instagram, their topic and their logo pasted all over the place would get deleted and possibly banned from WRX or MGS in hot second. The only reason is wasn't here is because we were asked not to. As others have mentioned the information/topic would have been better served if presented differently. If we were playing a drinking game while reading your thread we'd all be drunk with the amount of times you mentioned MGS.

You haven't had the pleasure of meeting THP staff or members yet, maybe you will someday but to us everything about this post came across as a slap in the face. What WE do here takes time, money, hours and a **** load or passion as well. This place is like a 2nd home for many of us and we are proud of it. Comments like the bolded below is why we feel insulted and get no respect.

It was an article I wrote on my site acknowledging that although the take sucked, I still get along well with those guys and respect what they do. It wasn’t a THP article or a WRX. The biggest mistake was assuming my intent in re posting in here would be understood. Lesson learned.

I know all sites take time, $$$ and passion. Trust me I worked at one.

I didn’t anticipate the post and it’s core message would get overlooked for the opening paragraph and my ending the post with something positive.

Appreciate you clarifying though and thanks for the interaction.

It was an article I wrote on my site acknowledging that although the take sucked, I still get along well with those guys and respect what they do. It wasn’t a THP article or a WRX. The biggest mistake was assuming my intent in re posting in here would be understood. Lesson learned.

I know all sites take time, $$$ and passion. Trust me I worked at one.

I didn’t anticipate the post and it’s core message would get overlooked for the opening paragraph and my ending the post with something positive.

Appreciate you clarifying though and thanks for the interaction.
I'll say one final thing since I feel like its relevant and then move on...I'm sure you realize or can understand this, maybe others don't but when our staff spends hours of their time writing articles or creating videos or whatever the case is then someone comes in and immediately posts a link to another sites article or video it stings... It feels like all the work that was just done was for nothing or isn't getting the respect it deserves. This is not much different, at least thats my take, take it for what its worth.🤷‍♂️

I am going to say that I wasn't offended by the post and felt that @JohnnyCallaway was sharing an opinion that was obviously cross posted somewhere else. I do think it would be good for him to build a relationship with this forum. That said so far I have valued his contributions to the website. I know he is cross posting stuff but some of it has been things I wouldn't have seen otherwise. It does seem like it spawned another good dialogue which is always good.

I'll say one final thing since I feel like its relevant and then move on...I'm sure you realize or can understand this, maybe others don't but when our staff spends hours of their time writing articles or creating videos or whatever the case is then someone comes in and immediately posts a link to another sites article or video it stings... It feels like all the work that was just done was for nothing or isn't getting the respect it deserves. This is not much different, at least thats my take, take it for what its worth.🤷‍♂️
Understood. In this case I didn’t see any reaction or convo on the topic when I posted around 6pm pst yesterday. Maybe I missed one. and the reason I tend to copy and paste my articles in this forum and mostly this forum only is to share my thoughts on Callaway product and my journey to get to know them. That’s it. I don’t imagine a huge portion of this crew is even aware I have a Callaway site. Thus far the interaction has been fantastic. Even this one. It’s all just a big convo in my opinion and what’s better than a convo about a game and industry we all love?

Good message, poor delivery. I love WITB and even more when it comes from close to the source with photos 😍

Understood. In this case I didn’t see any reaction or convo on the topic when I posted around 6pm pst yesterday. Maybe I missed one. and the reason I tend to copy and paste my articles in this forum and mostly this forum only is to share my thoughts on Callaway product and my journey to get to know them. That’s it. I don’t imagine a huge portion of this crew is even aware I have a Callaway site. Thus far the interaction has been fantastic. Even this one. It’s all just a big convo in my opinion and what’s better than a convo about a game and industry we all love?

We’re all in your corner Johnny, sometimes what looks good on paper doesn’t translate. Constructive criticism, we all have the same goal in mind and that’s to grow the game with innovative topics.

I have no doubt that your next discussion point is going to knock it out of the park

My favorite what's in the bag is when a player does not have a club contract so you get to find out what he actually prefers, or she.

Back