Michigan hackers, check in here

Ya we'll definitely avoid rush hour this time around. I figured it was straight down 75, should be relatively easy. Did you get to play #18? Great finishing hole par 5 around the water, where if you hit a good tee ball you can be talked into considering a hero shot....picture right on the front page of the website

http://www.shepherdshollow.com/
I in fact went driver 5 wood and got home on the bottom tier in 2. Pin was back right and I 3 putted. Go figure.

Cant wait for this weekend getting out to play some golf with Stribs, CJ, and Dave Winchell. Will be nice to get to swing some clubs outside for a change!
Edit: misspoke. my bad

Where you guys playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sycamore hills by me is opening this Friday. Not a bad little track.

Get Free!

Saturday is a no go for me, but Sunday I will be out on the course some where.

It's amazing that its 2016 and that's the best we can offer dads. My god I'm gonna need to see a chiropractor.

Here's a pro tip: Don't b*tch at all about pain around your wife for a while...

I will uber u up there .. No problem!! Let's get it on!

Yeah, you do look like those creepy Uber drivers in the news lately...

Obviously I wont be playing this weekend, but just got an email that Shepherds Hollow in Clarkston opens tomorrow. $45 with cart. One of my favorite public courses around. Worth a look for you guys if you havent played it before.

Shepherds Hollow is a Great course!! One Of my favorite in the area

It's great being retired. Got up this morning and decided to play some golf. Nothing open up here in the North, so, left home(East Jordan) at 5:45, was playing golf by 8:45 at the Highlands in Grand Rapids. Did some shopping and got back home by 3:30.

Nice golf course for the first round of the year. It's tree lined, but not like the cut-out-of-the-woods courses we're used to up north. Not too long at 6,200 yds. Zero roll though because of wet conditions. In fact I had two plugged drives. Shot a solid 87 and was very happy with that. I hit 11 fairways and only 33 putts. Handicap is up to 15.7 for the start of the season.

We've got a course open tomorrow, so, looks like golf season is here.

Later,

John

It's great being retired. Got up this morning and decided to play some golf. Nothing open up here in the North, so, left home(East Jordan) at 5:45, was playing golf by 8:45 at the Highlands in Grand Rapids. Did some shopping and got back home by 3:30.

Nice golf course for the first round of the year. It's tree lined, but not like the cut-out-of-the-woods courses we're used to up north. Not too long at 6,200 yds. Zero roll though because of wet conditions. In fact I had two plugged drives. Shot a solid 87 and was very happy with that. I hit 11 fairways and only 33 putts. Handicap is up to 15.7 for the start of the season.

Later,

John

Nice shooting!
Retired you say.....

I'll call you when I'm looking to play the Chief, Boyne, and other northern courses!

Have any of you MI THPers ever played Bay Harbor up near Petoskey? I played a sim round on the course today - first time I've wanted to play the actual course - it looked beautiful!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457687575.402911.jpg

Hey guys a group golfer just came out for Greystone in northern macomb county. This would be a great preparation course for RR. I'm going to pick one up.

Have any of you MI THPers ever played Bay Harbor up near Petoskey? I played a sim round on the course today - first time I've wanted to play the actual course - it looked beautiful!

Highly private course from my understanding.

I've played it, it's not private just very expensive. When I played it. It was $160 a round. They have 27 holes there, The Links, The Quarry, and The Preserve. The Links is the best 9 with lots of great views. It is part of the Boyne golf courses also, so you can set up and play it as part of a golf weekend. Hope it helps.

Later,

John

Should've shot me a message. I played the Highlands Wednesday. I believe it's an old Donald Ross designed course. Very nice, not my favorite in GR but it was definitely worth the $15 I paid.

Later,

John

John,

What is open in our neck of the woods (I'm outside Bellaire)? Still a good bit of snow in our woods here, especially on the north facing slopes.

Yes several times. Its part of Boyne now. The Links/Quarry are good. Was not a huge fan of the preserve. I personally dont think its in the same universe as Arcadia and it costs as much.

Not gonna lie, its going to be painful not playing tomorrow in 65 degrees. Found out my home course is open now too. Hope all you guys get out. By next weekend it cools down quite a bit according to the forecast.

Not gonna lie, its going to be painful not playing tomorrow in 65 degrees. Found out my home course is open now too. Hope all you guys get out. By next weekend it cools down quite a bit according to the forecast.

Yep typical. Just a preview of whats to come. It will probably snow again too at some point.

Hey if you ever need a guest to play at your home course, hit me up!

I have a bunch of free golf pass to winding creek in Holland, if anyone is interested in meeting up sometime

I have a bunch of free golf pass to winding creek in Holland, if anyone is interested in meeting up sometime

I'm in GR today...lol

Golf? I just have to drop my boys off at school at 12:30

Sounds good

Back