jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This is from a press release...
1704473967570.png
Mitsubishi Golf is celebrating 20 years in 2024 and have unveiled a digital museum. A virtual walkthrough the first 20 years of Diamana's existence.

Mitsubishi first unveiled a shaft branded ‘Diamana’ during the Hawaiian swing on the PGA Tour in 2004. Golfers quickly became enamored with Diamana S-Series and it wasn’t long before they began referring to the product as simply ‘Blueboard,’ a reference to the blue-colored surfboard in the shaft’s cosmetic. The mid-launch, mid-spin ‘Blueboard’ shaft became incredibly popular to the point we eventually introduced a low-launch, low-spin ‘Whiteboard,’ and a high-launch, high-spin ‘Redboard.’” The terms Blueboard, Whiteboard and Redboard grew so popular that they simply became part of golf’s lexicon and the color-coded launch and spin convention became an industry standard emulated by many shaft manufacturers.

“We could not be more excited about what the next 20 years have in store,” said Mark Gunther, Senior Director of Sales and Marketing.
For 20 years golfers have enjoyed the iconic, smooth feel and incredible consistency of Diamana products. After two decades, more than 300 wins on global tours and 38 major championships, the brand is as strong as it has ever been.

1704474286531.png

Each generation of Diamana shafts has been photographed and stories of their origins have been written and explained.

Check out the museum artwork on their website www.mitsubishigolf.com

• Admin
Man I remember my first blue board shaft. I loved that thing

That is awesome. I'm going through their Diamana Museum right now and it's amazing how many of these I've had in my bag...and still do.

Diamana First Gen Blue was in my J40 4 wood for a MC
Diamana Ka'li was in my SLDR S Mini Driver, which is still in @O'Carroll bag
Diamana Ahina I had shafted up and used it in several drivers
Diamana D+ is what I was fit for in my 917d2 and fairway wood, also got a different weight profile down the road which I used in other heads

While not Diamana - I'm in a Tensei AV White because of my past experiences with what the Diamana line has shown me in the past.

Man I remember my first blue board shaft. I loved that thing
I remember 2nd MC I was a bridgestone staffer. Was doing an online fitting conversation with one of their reps and he told me to trust him on this...go with the Blue in the 4 wood and I'd love it.

• Admin
I remember 2nd MC I was a bridgestone staffer. Was doing an online fitting conversation with one of their reps and he told me to trust him on this...go with the Blue in the 4 wood and I'd love it.
Mine was in a 3w and I loved that thing. I liked when they were colored shafts back then too. The silver didn't do it for me haha

Mine was in a 3w and I loved that thing. I liked when they were colored shafts back then too. The silver didn't do it for me haha
I wonder how many stock programs they have run with using the Diamana name/design. I mean it was HUGE for Nike thanks to that TW guy.

I wonder how many stock programs they have run with using the Diamana name/design. I mean it was HUGE for Nike thanks to that TW guy.
Its interesting, because they are one of the few companies that has really done well both as standard and aftermarket, rather than one or the other.

Its interesting, because they are one of the few companies that has really done well both as standard and aftermarket, rather than one or the other.
they really have, esp if you expand them out of the Diamana line. Tensei and Kuro Kage both were used quite a bit.

Anyone else take a virtual stroll through this museum?

Very nicely done. Great history.

What I really like about the Diamana shafts that I have is the smooth feel.

Used to game my Rogue SZ with the Diamana 2015 White D+ 70 shaft. What an awesome shaft.

Last edited:
I loved it in the silver finish. Such a great fairway wood shaft. Didn’t love it in the driver as much though.

Chuckled a little at the “industry standard” part in the shaft industry we know it’s the Wild West.

Back