Miura Series 1957 KM 008 Putter - THP Preview Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
This beauty of a putter arrived yesterday, what do you all think?

Some information from Miura

• Discover the feel and control of a forged, milled, mild steel putter.Introducing the KM 008

In 2014, one of our most popular putters ever, the KM 350 (Small Blade Putter) , was retired. Since that time, master club maker Katsuhiro Miura has been busy designing the next generation of this classic putter. Like all Miura products, there had to be an improvement on the original design or it wouldn’t make it to the production stage. Introducing, the KM 008. The next generation of the “very best blade putter”.
    Like its predecessor, the KM 008 is forged from a single billet of soft carbon steel. The Miura forging process creates the industry’s tightest grain structure, with similarly tight manufacturing tolerances . Miura san stands by his statement that the putter has been designed for players who are seeking the very best. This toe weighted beauty, comes at 350gms, confirms it is possible to match looks with performance. The milled face is extremely forgiving and produces a strike which transmits to the feel, distance control and in achieving the truest of rolls from reduced skid. We invite you to #discoverperfection.
  • "Series 1957" - limited special edition

“Designed for players seeking the very best” says Katsuhiro Miura.

This new Miura “Series 1957” Blade putter goes through the same forging process which makes the Miura Irons so successful in the consistency of the strike of the ball and in terms of feel. The Miura craftsmanship has been transferred to this toe weighted offset blade putter with a classic oiled chrome finish, which very much compliment its soft visual features.

KM-008 (Right Hand Only)
Material :Mild steel
Process:Forging finish + milled mild steel
Finish:W nickel (satin) + Chrome (Soft Black)
Loft:3.0°
Lie:72°

DSC_7618-L.jpg

DSC_7621-L.jpg

DSC_7604-L.jpg

DSC_7609-L.jpg

DSC_7611-L.jpg

DSC_7615-L.jpg

DSC_7580-L.jpg

DSC_7588-L.jpg

DSC_7591-L.jpg

DSC_7593-L.jpg

DSC_7600-L.jpg

DSC_7601-L.jpg

Not huge on that head shape but I can appreciate the craftsmanship.

It is a very plain looking putter and not for me without any alignment line/aid, so I would have to pass on this from that perspective

Old school simple. It seems weird to see something like that, but it's nice for what it is.

I want it.

Very simple design. I'm not a huge fan of that head shape either but I bet it feels fantastic

And a PURE putter grip? Not what I expected from Miura.

Get your stinky hand on Dean, because those things, literally, smell.

Not huge on that head shape but I can appreciate the craftsmanship.

My thoughts as well, it looks good for what it is but I know personally that no alignment lines or dots would be a disaster for me.

Not doubt that there is a lot of craftsmanship behind it, but something about the looks is just lacking. Looks like a really expensive miniature golf putter

And a PURE putter grip? Not what I expected from Miura.

Get your stinky hand on Dean, because those things, literally, smell.

I took it out of the box and I won't like, my first reaction was "pure grip, really?"

I took it out of the box and I won't like, my first reaction was "pure grip, really?"

Not at all what I would expect, sadly we are seeing more and more putter companies go that way based on $$ saving alone.

It's very appealing to me. I saw one for sale a while ago and it took a lot not to buy it.

I appreciate the artwork here, she's a beauty. My style of head too, but no sight line and that stock grip? Hope she treats ya well Dean.

I really can't decide if I love the shape or hate it...

I'm a heal shafted fanboy, yup I said it. This is very nice to me in hand. The blade length seems tiny though. Also a fan of the slightly raised toe.

Stylish, maybe. But not my style. No alignment marking makes it look very plain too.

Do you have a picture of the putter at address with a ball?

Not at all what I would expect, sadly we are seeing more and more putter companies go that way based on $$ saving alone.
Which for Miura, seems a bit counter-intuitive (at least from my perspective).

love this, but probably sticking with the seemore with something on the line. I wish i could roll an 8802 style or the like with consistant success I dont know why but I just love pulling that head shape out of my bag.

Not a fan personally. That head shape never moved the needle for me.

Gorgeous. Love that simple/classic head shape!

I'm a heal shafted fanboy, yup I said it. This is very nice to me in hand. The blade length seems tiny though. Also a fan of the slightly raised toe.

Its like the "mini" of heel shafted blades, other companies (boutique) do it with Anser styles all the time, so its kind of cool to see it with a blade.

Back