Got to see the forged demo iron today and color me impressed.

The P7MC also have me impressed, but since I already have the T100S irons, I kinda want a fun/forgiving setup to mess with.

Thinking 921 forged 4-PW, $-Taper X, SSx2, Z-Cord Align......sounds naughty...

Maybe get really dirty and order a HMP 4 iron with a light weight shaft setup....
Talk dirty to me.

still loving the looks of these irons......if anyone ever breaks up with these beauties holla at me! ;)

Ryan Rastall on Golfshake.com just RAVED about the forgiveness of the 921F. Said it was close to that of the the 921HM. Anyone else experience this?

Ryan Rastall on Golfshake.com just RAVED about the forgiveness of the 921F. Said it was close to that of the the 921HM. Anyone else experience this?
I don’t know what Golf Shake is, but I don’t agree. I think we kind of showed that in the video with @Canadan and I have seen similar. From the larger sole to a bit more mass in areas most should see more help with forgiveness

I don’t know what Golf Shake is, but I don’t agree. I think we kind of showed that in the video with @Canadan and I have seen similar. From the larger sole to a bit more mass in areas most should see more help with forgiveness
The forged flat out blew me away, and that's after obsessing over 10 perfect shots with HMP before even touching them.

What I love about the lineup, is that it promotes exactly what it should - pure control in the tours all the way to pure forgiveness in the HM. Find the sweet spot for your game and let the great product do the rest.

I can say the forgiveness of the 921F is solid but I have a hard time believing it’s comparable to the HM on an apples to apples basis. Maybe apples to oranges - both fruits but fairly distinctive.

That would be tough, assuming a comparison of the 919 is valid. When I compare the 919 Forged with the 919 HMP, having owned both. The HMP lets you get away with more, and offers more distance. It's about what fits your game and what you want. I would still prefer the Forged when I am consistent. But the distance of the HMP is intoxicating. If they've somewhat equalized the distance with the Chromoly in the Forged, that's a tough decision.

Got to see the forged demo iron today and color me impressed.

The P7MC also have me impressed, but since I already have the T100S irons, I kinda want a fun/forgiving setup to mess with.

Thinking 921 forged 4-PW, $-Taper X, SSx2, Z-Cord Align......sounds naughty...

Maybe get really dirty and order a HMP 4 iron with a light weight shaft setup....
We should be neighbors. We could totally club swap. I'm shopping a very limited Forged combo tonight, with just an hmp in the 4. I'm convinced I can bend the PW and GW to score well and the Forged just look and sound fun. It'd be cool to bounce back and forth between them and my new T100S.

Any theories or insight as to why Mizuno chose the Lamkin ST Hybrid grip on the HMP, but the Golf Pride MCC on the rest of the HM and Forged. Just curious as to the thought process behind this.
I'm a MCC guy for sure.

Just realized our JPX 921 review video on YouTube has surpassed 5,000 views already.

As someone directly involved with content creation on THP, it feels incredible to get that kind of engagement, and I am sure a lot of it has to do with our community here. All the feedback has been awesome, and the continued discussion on the irons is great to see.

Can't wait for more of you guys to hit them.

I'm very impressed by the price point. On TGW, you can order a 4-AW in the Hot Metal or Hot Metal Pro with the exact shaft I was fitted into by the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (KBS C-Taper X-stiff), custom length and lie, and choice of grips for $999. The same set-up is $1,240 in the Mavrik Pros. I shouldn't have looked because I'm sorely tempted by that :ROFLMAO:

I'm very impressed by the price point. On TGW, you can order a 4-AW in the Hot Metal or Hot Metal Pro with the exact shaft I was fitted into by the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (KBS C-Taper X-stiff), custom length and lie, and choice of grips for $999. The same set-up is $1,240 in the Mavrik Pros. I shouldn't have looked because I'm sorely tempted by that :ROFLMAO:

Correct, although that is basically because one has that shaft as standard and the other its not.
They are similarly priced irons, shaft dependent.

Correct, although that is basically because one has that shaft as standard and the other its not.
They are similarly priced irons, shaft dependent.
Good point, thanks for clarifying.

Got to hit the 921F today, and as nice as they felt, wasn't really blown away. Of course my HMB's are 1° strong (same lofts as the Forged), but the ball speed, launch, spin, and carry was about the same. If you are coming from an older model, these will be a step up for sure. The Forged head is great looking, and anyone that puts them in the bag will be happy.

Last edited:
Got to hit the 921F today, and as nice as they felt, wasn't really blown away. Of course my HMB's are 1° strong (same lofts as the Forged), but the ball speed, launch, spin, and carry was about the same. If you are coming from an older model, these will be a step up for sure. The Forged head is great looking, and anyone that puts them in the bag will be happy.

I imagine the biggest differences would be hollow forged vs solid forged feel and the club’s proportions.

Went to the pro shop today and had a look at the Tour, Forged and MMC as those are the ones I am considering.
I was genuinely shocked at how good the Forged looked.
I picked up the MMC first, I am only really interested in appearance at address. The MMC has a very sharp edged top line which makes it look quite thick.
I then saw the Forged 7 iron on the shelf and picked it up. Wow it looked great, it has a rounded top line which makes it look a lot thinner than the Mizuno website would have you believe. To my eyes it actually looked thinner than the MMC.
I then saw the Tour and it looks really good. There was a set of 919 Tours there and the 921 definitely looks more slick. I lined the 921 Forged, MMC and Tour alongside each other and got a pic. They all look good but I was actually most impressed by the Forged. It looked so similar to the Tour that I was only really able to tell a noticeable difference when they were alongside each other on the ground.
The Tour is definitely a very small head, you can notice the size difference when you look at the grooved part of the faces and compare them in the picture.
I saw they had the TM P7MC and I was amazed to see how similar it was to the Forged. It really brings home how small the Tour looks. I really wanted to compare to my Titleist blades but maybe when I actually hit them.
I didn't get a chance to take anymore photos because the shop assistant then came over and said I wasn't supposed to touch the clubs I asked if I could hit them and he said only if I book in advance so they can deep clean the area between customers.
The first picture is the MMC and the Forged, MMC has the black ferrule.
Second pic is the Forged, MMC and Tour.
Third pic is the TM P7MC and the Forged behind.
cf268244d2a2a1edda72c02dd9a37da2.jpg
ca9ccc6758a9133c0ca26ddd638fe1d5.jpg
3221f88025c2b3db120c1739eb973b25.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I imagine the biggest differences would be hollow forged vs solid forged feel and the club’s proportions.

Actually, when it comes to size, the 921F and HMB's are almost identical. You can look at the charts on the Mizuno site for measurement comparisons and see there is a slight difference, but to the eye, you really can't tell. Feel was real similar too, but I'd imagine the copper layer on the HMB's make up for the slightly softer Chromoly used in the Forged head. Had I stayed with my 900F, the 921F could be a nice upgrade, but at the moment, not seeing any significant jump from the HMB. Going to take the new demo club on the course soon, so that could tell a different story.

Last edited:
Just finished up hitting the HM, HMP, and Forged at my local shop. I was blown away.

7-iron with xstiff shaft and +1" was carrying 195-200 in both HM and HMP, and 190ish with the forged. HM and HMP were absolutely draw biased for me, which is definitely not the norm with my current gamers. Forged, sadly because they're out of my price range, were very straight and had slightly tighter dispersion. Joked with the guy that I shouldn't have hit them. HMP and Forged were similar launch, with HM slightly lower launch for me.

The forgiveness in the HMP is definitely noticeable compared to the Forged. Miss with both was the toe. On the HMP distance was maintained very well, noticeably more distance loss on the Forged but again held its line very well for me.

Really enjoyed the feel of all three as well. The Forged was a little harsher on mishits but that's predictable. You can quickly identify from feel where the miss was. Flush hits are incredible.

As for looks, all are predictably gorgeous. The biggest thing I noted here was that the Hot Metal did not look clunky or large at all. Obviously larger than the HMP and Forged but looking down at them did not scream GI.

Other notes, these were hit on a Foresight simulator and I would say my swing was pretty good today. Sorry I didn't snap any pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Spent an hour hitting the JPX 921 Tour and Forged 7i. They arrived an hour before I showed up. Also hit the MP-20 MB and MMC for comparison. I didn't pay much attention to numbers. I was additionally exploring some shafts and did not hit the same shaft in each. Numbers will come later if I pursue any of these. I wanted to have some fun hitting them and see how they felt.

Forged are a little bigger head than I expected and felt nice. Long and solid. Forgiving but not as forgiving as I expected. I will need to hit these more to get a better sense of them. For some reason I only hit the forged with one shaft, a recoil 95 F4, my least favorite shaft of the ones I hit. Edit note: I was hitting the forged first with no warm up and then got sidetracked. I am slow to warm up. I came back to it at the end and was getting tired. I need some more quality time with the forged.

Tour was fun. As soon as I hit it I didn't want to stop. Much higher flight and a bit more spin. I loved the control and kept hitting near the GCQuad center line over and over. It was addictive. Tour is definitely less forgiving than the Forged, but I didn't find them any less forgiving than the MMC that I play. I hit the Tour with KBS Tour, C-Taper light, and Steelfiber 110. No complaints which was a surprise with the Steelfiber given my previous dislike. I know I like the Tour and C-Taper profiles.

MP-20 mb was an absolute feel delight until I hit one on the heel, felt it bigly, and watched the ball squeak low right and 20 yards short. If I hit center all the time, I'd play it in a heartbeat. I hit this with a Modus 105, a little light for me.

And hitting MMC is like coming home to an old friend. I don't recall what shaft I hit. I kept getting the Tour and MMC mixed up when I would grab from my lineup leaning against the wall.

I don't have any big takeaways other than I would happily play any of these, likely in some combo fashion. Well, that and MMC is going be hard to unseat from my bag.

Last edited:
I stopped by the Tech Studio tonight, and saw that @JB had shafted a set of 921 Hot Metal Pros w/ Recoil 95 Proto (the same shaft that I have in my Apex 19s).

I spent a lot of time in the Sim with these irons, and simply put... Wow!!!

I saw unbelievable ball speed & carry distances. Even misses were rewarded with decent yardages. I think they might be slightly longer than my Apex 19s (even although they are lofted about 1° weaker).

The feel is great, if you are looking at getting new irons in the players distance profile, you need to give these a hard look.

Last edited:
I stopped by the Tech Studio tonight, and saw that @JB had shafted a set of 921 Hot Metal Pros w/ Recoil 95 Proto (the same shaft that I have in my Apex 19s).

I spent a lot of time in the Sim with these irons, and simply put... Wow!!!

I saw unbelievable ball speed & carry distances. Even misses were rewarded with decent yardages. I think they might be slightly longer than my Apex 19s (even although they are lofted about 1° weaker).

The feel is great, if you are looking at getting new irons in this players distance profile, you need to give these a hard look.
I know it is hard to describe, but do they have a "clicky" sound or are them more softer sounding? I know that is hard to tell indoors also compared to outside.

I know it is hard to describe, but do they have a "clicky" sound or are them more softer sounding? I know that is hard to tell indoors also compared to outside.

It’s harder to tell indoors, I didn’t find them clicky at all. But you can tell where you missed on the face based on the sound though. This is definitely a set that I will borrow and take to the course at some point, as it’s in the iron profile that I prefer to play.

I will provide more feedback as soon as I take them out for a round....

I LOVE that people are starting to get these in hands. The consensus seems like the future is bright for them. There is something for everyone.

Back