Curious about the forged PW (and shorter irons). Those are clubs where I like a nice thin top line, smaller profile and softer feel off the face for around the green. Any address pics of the PW? Thoughts? I am guessing I will only be able to hit and see the fitting 7i heads, likely this week.
I can’t get a photo right now but I can tell you the short irons have a soft feel off the face. It’s the same material as the Tours and it’s a full body forging by Mizuno. The short irons feel darn good. The only one I’ve had any issues with is the GW but that’s likely user error.

The spin in the 921HMP is lower compared to 919HMP
That’s what I thought you meant but what are you basing that on? Have you hit them both? Or is it the 1 degree stronger?

That’s what I thought you meant but what are you basing that on? Have you hit them both? Or is it the 1 degree stronger?
Basing that on early reviews. There are a number now out and its very early like I said but indications are they spin lower than the predecessor. From smattering of reviews its about 70-200rpm less for 3-5yds gain (7i). Again these are early reviews, and will need more conclusive data. Still it isnt surprising if that turns out to be the case. The 919HMP was excellent for what it is and its going to be hard to improve on.
Anyone with the 919HMP I think they're sitting pretty unless they want something new and shiny just for the sake. And those looking to move into the HMP after missing out on the 919 series doubt they'd go wrong.
edit:spelling

Last edited:
No way the 921s are better than my 919Fs, nope, no way, not possible .........

Basing that on early reviews. There are a number now out and its very early like I said but indications are they spin lower than the predecessor. From spattering of reviews its about 70-200rpm less for 3-5yds gain (7i). Again these are early reviews, and will need more conclusive data. Still it isnt surprising if that turns out to be the case. The 919HMP was excellent for what it is and its going to be hard to improve on.
Anyone with the 919HMP I think they're sitting pretty unless they want something new and shiny just for the sake. And those looking to move into the HMP after missing out on the 919 series doubt they'd go wrong.

200 rpm is nothing to worry over as long as peak height and descent are solid.

200rpm would result in basically less than ten ball rotations over the duration of the ball flight. If the land angles are within reason it will be fine. I do worry about fliers though.

200rpm would result in basically less than ten ball rotations over the duration of the ball flight. If the land angles are within reason it will be fine. I do worry about fliers though.
The table view of @Canadan video showed the HMP spun the same (a fraction more really) at the Forged, which is impressive. I typically head about fliers with hollow body clubs but with that much spin I’m hopeful it won’t be an issue

Basing that on early reviews. There are a number now out and its very early like I said but indications are they spin lower than the predecessor. From smattering of reviews its about 70-200rpm less for 3-5yds gain (7i). Again these are early reviews, and will need more conclusive data. Still it isnt surprising if that turns out to be the case. The 919HMP was excellent for what it is and its going to be hard to improve on.
edit:spelling
You could always switch to a move spinning ball i.e. Bridgestone Tour B X to the XS for example

Club Champion just called and the 921 fitting heads are in and ready to go, most likely a fitting will be done next week, I think I am finally well enough to give them a good shake down. I would just jump and go Thursday but I have my 1st real Golf Tournament this Sunday and hate to have thoughts of new and shiny in my head.

Once I get fixated on a change all bets are off with the current sticks, even though they are playing just fine. The 921 will get a good hard test and need to beat out the Honma TR20P and maybe the Titleist T100S, I have kind of given up on the TM 770 after the not so glowing reviews here and my own dismal 15 swings with them, not really a fair test but it is what it is.

Just heard that the JPX921 clubs won't get to the local fitter until early Sept (shipping Aug 31, I believe). Patience mode engaged, although that system may need some repairs and upgrades to function.

Just heard that the JPX921 clubs won't get to the local fitter until early Sept (shipping Aug 31, I believe). Patience mode engaged, although that system may need some repairs and upgrades to function.
I would say that is actually a blessing in disguise because if you were fit on 8/31 but they didn't ship for weeks.... yikes.

The CC rep says he can have them in hand and built in 2 weeks, he would have to show me some proof of that but I guess it is possible since I imagine they are a large account. But for $2,100+ (guessitmate) I would hope they can move pretty quick.

Club Champion fitting booked for next week, let the games begin.

Club Champion fitting booked for next week, let the games begin.

i'm gonna guess hot metal pro all the way, with mmt 90 shafts. for the low low price of $3,500 :ROFLMAO:

i'm gonna guess hot metal pro all the way, with mmt 90 shafts. for the low low price of $3,500 :ROFLMAO:
It is a toss up at this point just in my mind either HMP or the forged with paderson 110 shafts. From what he said today that would be about $2,100.

The Hot metal are $50 cheaper per head than the forged or tour alledgedly.
The MMT are actually cheaper than the Paderson so they will get a look if they have something over 100 gr to try.

I am going in with my eyes closed and will try anything, but they have to clearly beat the Honma TR20 P I built myself with the Paderson 95 or I am walking.

And as far as the puring goes I told him if he can put the exact same shaft in the same head one pured and one not and prove to me there is a actual difference for my swing I would do it. He said that may only be possible at the main office since they screw in their test heads, which I am still not buying as they screw in the same way with all heads so pure the shaft and epoxy it screwed in place...ta da now you can prove your hype. As a Salesman it seems like common sense to be able to prove it...that is if it matters to most mortals.

Last edited:
It is a toss up at this point just in my mind either HMP or the forged with paderson 110 shafts. From what he said today that would be about $2,100.

The Hot metal are $50 cheaper per head than the forged or tour alledgedly.
The MMT are actually cheaper than the Paderson so they will get a look if they have something over 100 gr to try.

I am going in with my eyes closed and will try anything, but they have to clearly beat the Honma TR20 P I built myself with the Paderson 95 or I am walking.

And as far as the puring goes I told him if he can put the exact same shaft in the same head one pured and one not and prove to me there is a actual difference for my swing I would do it. He said that may only be possible at the main office since the screw in their test heads, which I am still not buying as they screw in the same way with all heads so pure the shaft and epoxy it screwed in place...ta da now you can prove your hype. As a Salesman it seems like common sense to be able to prove it...that is if it matters to most mortals.

ok will you committ to the group here and now a detailed report on HMP vs Forged submitted here with 24 hours of your test?😉

Curious if Foresight uses Dynamic Loft for Launch angle...those launch numbers seem pretty high for the distances you're getting; i.e. it doesn't seem like you're releasing it early. ?

Curious if Foresight uses Dynamic Loft for Launch angle...those launch numbers seem pretty high for the distances you're getting; i.e. it doesn't seem like you're releasing it early. ?
Those numbers were strictly ball data, so it was not measuring the dynamic loft of the club at all. I’m willing to bet they were not dotted either. the Quad was reading ball launch.

Great review and presentation of the clubs... absolutely love my 919 HMP and the 921 are straight ? Seems this will end up costing me $$$

Back