Those numbers were strictly ball data, so it was not measuring the dynamic loft of the club at all. I’m willing to bet they were not dotted either. the Quad was reading ball launch.
Correct.
We can dot anything anybody would like of course, but generally for a review what the ball does makes the most sense for golfers to follow.

ok will you committ to the group here and now a detailed report on HMP vs Forged submitted here with 24 hours of your test?😉
Sure but as a rule no ones cares what I think about anything here, but I see you are new here so I will give it a good try if you don't mind the opinion of a old guy.

I should have a couple more heads in to add in also the Titleist T100S and the Honma TR20 V will get a swing or three.

Those numbers were strictly ball data, so it was not measuring the dynamic loft of the club at all. I’m willing to bet they were not dotted either. the Quad was reading ball launch.
21 Launch for a 30 degree club, let's just agree to call it that (vs. 7-iron), is pretty high. He was launching them 120+ feet in the air, so it make sense. Usually, we see about 1/2 the loft of the club as a rule of thumb, so I'm not used to seeing that high a launch, and was curious if it was a system thing or player.

21 Launch for a 30 degree club, let's just agree to call it that (vs. 7-iron), is pretty high. He was launching them 120+ feet in the air, so it make sense. Usually, we see about 1/2 the loft of the club as a rule of thumb, so I'm not used to seeing that high a launch, and was curious if it was a system thing or player.
I was launching the 5 iron (24 degree) at 16.4 and the 8 iron (35 degree) at 19.8 if those data points assist you.

For what it's worth, that launch window is exactly what my baseline would validate, on course, on dotted, and off dotted. I'm a high ball hitter by trade.

Adding in my MP-20 numbers with fully dotted heads for those who haven't seen the range days;

1598402540892.png

Last edited:
For what it's worth, that launch window is exactly what my baseline would validate, on course, on dotted, and off dotted. I'm a high ball hitter by trade.

Adding in my MP-20 numbers with fully dotted heads for those who haven't seen the range days;

View attachment 8960293
1) That was still a fun RangeDays convo for us to have, I loved it!

2) HIGH ball hitter. No errors here

Spent some time with the Hot Metal 7 iron tonight. Hit about 15 balls at the CDA island green set to 160 and just took a nice smooth swing and peppered the green. Love the way these clubs feel and sound and think they are the unsung hero of the group.

Spent some time with the Hot Metal 7 iron tonight. Hit about 15 balls at the CDA island green set to 160 and just took a nice smooth swing and peppered the green. Love the way these clubs feel and sound and think they are the unsung hero of the group.
You mad man.

I’m set on HMP with the Fli Hi in the 4 iron spot. Anyone though about splitting a set of the HM/HMP? How significant is the HM offset compared to something like the Ping G410

What a great review and video these on these irons. They look and sound amazing, that hot metal seems like the real deal!

I’m set on HMP with the Fli Hi in the 4 iron spot. Anyone though about splitting a set of the HM/HMP? How significant is the HM offset compared to something like the Ping G410

To me it is not as noticeable on the HM vs the G410. The iron just feels sleeker as well

I think the Hot Metals are going to get a set of Recoil 95 Protos in them and some course time in the coming weeks. Super surprised how much I like them and instead of combo setting it up all over the place, might just do hybrids through the 5 or 6.

I thought about a HM/HMP combo set. But the 921 HMP's are larger in the long irons than the 919's, so it might not be necessary to do a combo. I don't find my 919 HM's to be too large at all, they just have a bit more offset than I'd like. If it weren't for that, I'd be looking at the HM's again.

I think the Hot Metals are going to get a set of Recoil 95 Protos in them and some course time in the coming weeks. Super surprised how much I like them and instead of combo setting it up all over the place, might just do hybrids through the 5 or 6.
I’ve head $125/club for HM irons. Is there an upcharge for graphite?

Called DD to see if they had shaft options and pricing and they did not. They are expecting to have this info by Monday - a little surprising if that’s coincident with first orders but oh well. If the ESX460 Recoil is same price as the Neo I’m going to go with graphite in the standard HM. Loved what Ian said about them on the TXG review and also JB throwing darts with them.....

Called DD to see if they had shaft options and pricing and they did not. They are expecting to have this info by Monday - a little surprising if that’s coincident with first orders but oh well. If the ESX460 Recoil is same price as the Neo I’m going to go with graphite in the standard HM. Loved what Ian said about them on the TXG review and also JB throwing darts with them.....

That was @Canadan

I saw a post where all the specs and shafts options were goign to be avaiable to everyonbe on 8/31.
I wanna say it was somewhere on their website (US oe EUR).
I don't remember which.
I was looking for hosel size.

Per Club Champion $125 for HM and HMP and $175 for 921F and Tour, that is the stock build ordered by them and now 6 weeks to get in hand which seems more in line with other OEM's presently.

Here in the UK it seems to be £125 per club. Same price as the new TMs.
Looks like I'm going in testing other clubs just to ensure the Tours are the right decision.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

A few pics from Instagram.
83867c0032ed3340f340fa035bd424b5.jpg
df525de223b03edb748f7ed753f52d60.jpg
d08081c7ca2751d39f25bbe8bd36395f.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m seeing some unbelievably consistent carry distance into greens with the 921F. Plenty of spin in the short irons to hit and stop but a real penetrating flight from the long irons. And the turf interaction with the skinny sole is like a knife through butter. Mizuno really did something here.

I know my stats may not matter a whole lot in the grand scheme but there isn’t much explanation other than these irons are amazing. Arccos said I was +4.0 strokes gained compared to my handicap this past round I’ve shot below my average score for the last 20 rounds every round they have been in the bag. All I changed was the irons.

I’m seeing some unbelievably consistent carry distance into greens with the 921F. Plenty of spin in the short irons to hit and stop but a real penetrating flight from the long irons. And the turf interaction with the skinny sole is like a knife through butter. Mizuno really did something here.

I know my stats may not matter a whole lot in the grand scheme but there isn’t much explanation other than these irons are amazing. Arccos said I was +4.0 strokes gained compared to my handicap this past round I’ve shot below my average score for the last 20 rounds every round they have been in the bag. All I changed was the irons.
That’s awesome @Molten

Nice! Are you playing 4-GW?

Back