Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons - THP Review Thread

Nice. I just figured the non forged might be even more forgiving

Nice. I just figured the non forged might be even more forgiving

I don't doubt they are more forgiving but not by much, I had very similar results with both but much prefer the forged. The size, and offset just suit my eye better. I have no doubt I might hit a bit better with the cast but I just don't like how large they look. And just as background, prior to these I played the last version of the JPX-EZ cast, graphite shafted.

Got in a quick round with these irons today & had really good results. 13/18 or 72% GIR. Some of them were pretty far from the hole, but they were on.

This is my 1st set of Mizuno irons, so I was looking forward to some magical feel at impact based on all I've read about how great forged Mizuno irons feel. To be honest, they don't feel any better than any GI iron I've ever played. In fact, I might even say they feel a touch on the harsh side, but I'm not sure if that's the shaft or the heads. My last 2 sets have had graphite shafts & they felt much better than the TT XPs that are currently in the EZ Forged. I hope to drop them off with my club builder to get the Recoils put in tomorrow, so I'll be able to give more feedback on this soon.

Real life distances were a little shorter than what I saw on the simulator, but once again, I attribute some of the to the shaft not fitting me. My buddy hit them a few times & hit them the same distances he hits his Z545s.

I tested the forgiveness today by hitting all over the face. Results on low & toe side strikes were indistinguishable from dead center contact. I lost about half a club to a club when I hit it higher on the face (fat shots) or when I came close to hitting a hosel rocket.

This is my 1st set of Mizuno irons, so I was looking forward to some magical feel at impact... To be honest, they don't feel any better than any GI iron I've ever played. In fact, I might even say they feel a touch on the harsh side...

but I'm not sure if that's the shaft or the heads.

The harsh feel is no surprise to a lot of players who have or had Mizunos. The 1025 Boron steel has a much harsher feel then other Mizuno forged steels. The new JPX EZ Forged just does not live up to the buttery soft feel that the original 1025E JPX EZ Forged have.

Nothing wrong with the XP shafts unless you're looking for something heavier and more stable.

Too late - they are off special order which means you would get a stock set off the shelf.

I won't give golf town a nickel out my pocket so them being off special order makes no difference to me.

Got in a quick round with these irons today & had really good results. 13/18 or 72% GIR. Some of them were pretty far from the hole, but they were on.

This is my 1st set of Mizuno irons, so I was looking forward to some magical feel at impact based on all I've read about how great forged Mizuno irons feel. To be honest, they don't feel any better than any GI iron I've ever played. In fact, I might even say they feel a touch on the harsh side, but I'm not sure if that's the shaft or the heads. My last 2 sets have had graphite shafts & they felt much better than the TT XPs that are currently in the EZ Forged. I hope to drop them off with my club builder to get the Recoils put in tomorrow, so I'll be able to give more feedback on this soon.

Real life distances were a little shorter than what I saw on the simulator, but once again, I attribute some of the to the shaft not fitting me. My buddy hit them a few times & hit them the same distances he hits his Z545s.

I tested the forgiveness today by hitting all over the face. Results on low & toe side strikes were indistinguishable from dead center contact. I lost about half a club to a club when I hit it higher on the face (fat shots) or when I came close to hitting a hosel rocket.

Good info, thanks. Love the forgiveness. The harshness is the Boron. There other forged clubs without boron are buttery. But they are all for better players than myself haha

I don't remember them feeling harsh. Maybe I was impressed with the performance and didn't notice.

Picked up a set of theses 4-GW stiff steel. Waiting for them to ship.

Haven't hit a Mizuno club in a long time

Just got them yesterday. Hopefully I like them because these things are gorgeous.

Still waiting to get mine back from reshafting with Recoils. Hope they are ready by Saturday so I can get them out on the course.

Also having them bent flat a degree & swing weighted at D1.

Did you get the stock XP95s? Curious how they work for you.

Just got them yesterday. Hopefully I like them because these things are gorgeous.

Congrats man! Enjoy them I know I really enjoy mine.

Did you get the stock XP95s? Curious how they work for you.

Yes, stock stiff. I am interested as well because I have been using graphite for several years now.

I own these clubs and they are very nice on the eyes and your game. Sometimes you will hit the sweet spot perfectly and the ball will just fly of the face. You will know when this happens.
Quite happy with them.

Finally got mine back today.

Boy, what a difference the Recoils make in feel. They also lowered the flight a little from the XPs. which is a good thing for me.

I only had time for 5 holes, but I dropped multiple balls for each approach & was very pleased by the results. Hope to get out Saturday for a full round.

Great review! Love the look of this stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had another solid day with my irons the last time out. Even with strikes all over the face, I hit 11/18 (61%) of the greens which is very good for me.

I really like the combo of oversized grips/Recoils on the EZ Forged. I feel like I can swing a little harder without fearing an overcooked draw.

How are you liking the irons?

I already got rid of them man...

With that said. They were great clubs. I loved the way they looked/felt. And I could easily game them.

But I still love my 588's. My clubs were about 5 yards longer on good hits. But they were a tad longer in length as well.

My clubs seemed to be a little more forgiving as well. Plus I've had them for years so I'm used to them.

Again, these are great clubs. I could just tell that I liked my gamer set better so I sold them.

I already got rid of them man...

With that said. They were great clubs. I loved the way they looked/felt. And I could easily game them.

But I still love my 588's. My clubs were about 5 yards longer on good hits. But they were a tad longer in length as well.

My clubs seemed to be a little more forgiving as well. Plus I've had them for years so I'm used to them.

Again, these are great clubs. I could just tell that I liked my gamer set better so I sold them.
Makes sense. Mine would not have stayed if I hadn't made a shaft change. It made all the difference.

Plus, they're pretty.

They really are man. They are the best looking club I have ever gamed.

I really really wanted to keep them.

But I'm one of those weird guys who always rates performance over looks.

EZ Forged irons were delivered while golfing last weekend. So I had to wait till today to try them out.

Look:
Everyone loved the look. Very slick in 3D. Compared to Nike Vapor Speed, sole of EZ F looks like chopstick.

Feel:
I got a set with KBS Tour 120 (stiff). Just by holding a club, it feels rock solid. Upon impact, i experienced nice & solid but soft feel. Balls jumped off face.

Distance:
Steady 10 yds gain over Nike Vapor Speed, which generate the same distance as TM Rocketballz. EZ F loft and length are higher and shorter so I expected 10 yds short but the result was otherwise. Trajectory is slightly lower than Nike Vapor Speed; still high

Forgiveness:
Handful of not so great impact but it delivered distance with the direction aimed.

I will have to play more rounds to have more insight review.

So far, EZ F irons deliver way more handsome look, longer distance, not quite butterly but great forged feel, and super forgiveness than Nike & TM irons I have.

Back