Mizuno JPX919 Irons

The Hot Metal Pro has me intrigued. I'm wondering where it fits in comparison to the MP18 MMC. I'm not a feel player unless the sound is horrid.

My transition to HMP from MMC was pretty seamless. I was wanting less offset than MMC but in a player’s distance iron and these nail it perfectly! They feel like they are the next best thing to Mizuno forged irons. Plenty soft yet powerful off the face. Still plenty of spin too. Mishits don’t feel harsh. They are super forgiving across the face. Zero regrets on my end with the HMP.

Does anyone know if mizuno color codes or has a marking on their heads for lie angle? I ordered mine 2* upright and wanted to see if they were marked that way. I emailed mizuno but haven't heard back. Thanks.

Does anyone know if mizuno color codes or has a marking on their heads for lie angle? I ordered mine 2* upright and wanted to see if they were marked that way. I emailed mizuno but haven't heard back. Thanks.

No markings on the head to indicate lie angle.When you receive your set there will be a packing list indicating the club assembly specs.

A few thoughts from todays round. I have the distances dialed in and don't worry about which club to grab now. I have had some better success this time around with getting balls to stop quicker and not roll out as much. I honestly didn't give these irons a fair shake in this department the first time around. It was early in the year and greens where not in the best shape or very receptive. That has improved and balls are staying with in 4 feet max of ball marks. Plenty of height on the shots help that for sure. But the height hasn't been a bad thing on heavy wind days.
The big take away from today was the swing easy thought and no over swings. Good contact gave good results and no shots came up short into the green, left right was a different story today.

Continued down the swing easy road today with the Hot Metals. I had some shots that I was extremely happy with the results. 7 iron from 152 to 3 feet and made birdie putt. PW from 105 that almost went in for eagle but made birdie putt.
Irons where giving me plenty of spin and keeping the rollout under 4 feet on all my shots. Adjusting to the rollout better this time and happy with the performance of the irons overall. Can't say enough about the Recoil 95's, just nice and smooth. They give enough feedback to know when you thin a shot.

I hit the 919s yesterday while messing around at PGA. These were soooo smooth and if I had the extra coin these would have been heading home with me.

The HMPs with the modus 105s are it for me. Played them for first time on the course today and they flew and felt amazing. It was a scramble but I had some great shots. The best was a 6i from 197 and I put it flag high 7 feet left of pin and we got an eagle. Coming from the apex 19s (standards) these feel better and look better at address for me. The apex were a little clicky on off center hits and these felt like butter all day. Couldn't be happier with the switch.

My shot of the round today: Using my my new Mizuno JPX919 HM 5i (w/ Recoil 95 shaft) from 168 faded around a tree to 12 feet. The birdie putt stopped & hung on the edge of the cup & refused to drop.

I'm fairly certain this is longer than my Srixon Z565. For sure it feels easier to hit well, and it seems to go higher than the other 5 iron.

This club is so easy to hit! It really piques my interest in trying out a whole set of these.

Just reshafted my 6-GW with Nippon Super Peening Orange, Stiff, soft stepped once, and these are great. I usually play regular Flex iron shafts and had no problems with these.

My shot of the round today: Using my my new Mizuno JPX919 HM 5i (w/ Recoil 95 shaft) from 168 faded around a tree to 12 feet. The birdie putt stopped & hung on the edge of the cup & refused to drop.

I'm fairly certain this is longer than my Srixon Z565. For sure it feels easier to hit well, and it seems to go higher than the other 5 iron.

This club is so easy to hit! It really piques my interest in trying out a whole set of these.

When I tested mine during fitting last December I was getting more ball speed from the Mizuno over the Srixon. They are very similar, and it came down to price for me in choosing the Hot Metals. The big advantage the Srixon has IMO is the V sole.

I think I found a new scoring club: the Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5 iron is easier to control for me than my hybrids, and the ball goes nice and high. I hit the green from 194 out on the longest par 4 (probably 185 total distance). Another layup on a par 5 was 182 yards. And a 3rd swing with this club on a par 3 went 175 into the bunker on the side of the green. As much as I like my Srixons, it appears that the JPX HM's are longer and maybe more forgiving (of course that's based on only hitting the 5 iron).

I kinda want to get a 4 iron - and that is a sentence that I never would have imagined coming out of my mouth!

When I tested mine during fitting last December I was getting more ball speed from the Mizuno over the Srixon. They are very similar, and it came down to price for me in choosing the Hot Metals. The big advantage the Srixon has IMO is the V sole.

Hey Snickerdog - I missed your old signature (congrats again on the Granddaddy): What irons did you have in the bag? Did you used any hybrids? Am I crazy to think a JPX919 HM 4 iron would be easier to hit than a hybrid?

Hey Snickerdog - I missed your old signature (congrats again on the Granddaddy): What irons did you have in the bag? Did you used any hybrids? Am I crazy to think a JPX919 HM 4 iron would be easier to hit than a hybrid?

I have 5-PW in the Hot Metals. I don't play a 4 iron anymore and use a 7W instead. Launches easy and high and can still hold a green. When I was fitted for them, according to the monitor, the Mizuno's always had more ball speed even when swing speed was the same. (That is comparing to the Srixon 585)

Loving everything about the Hot Metals except the offset, which has me wishing I would have waited for the HM Pros. I hit the HM 5-iron shockingly well most of the time, but when I miss, I miss left. So when I recently decided to replace my 3H with an iron, I chose to go with a 20* MP-18 MMC Fl-Hi instead of the potentially hook-y HM 4-iron. The footprint of the Fli-Hi is noticeably smaller. I'm about to find out where my ball-striking is.

Picked up my HM Pro's this week after getting back from a 2 week vacation in Europe.

Tons of rust after the two week break but the back nine showed some potential. I need to adjust for the distance gain and a drop in spin.

10th hole at my homecourse is a longer par 3, slightly uphill and a little into wind... lasered at 182 to flag. 5 iron ballmark was 2 ft right of pin high in a backpin position and the ball ended up about 4 ft past green.

I have never experienced that kind of distance from my irons... I am more a consistent and tempo player than someone who flys the ball out there. I am usually at least 1 iron behind my playing partners.

Today felt great!

Does the HM Pro come in a 3 iron, and if so can you order singles? There's a gap in my bag with its name on it.

Does the HM Pro come in a 3 iron, and if so can you order singles? There's a gap in my bag with its name on it.

Only 3 iron offered is the Tour model. Yes you can get single irons...$125 a piece I think?

Only 3 iron offered is the Tour model. Yes you can get single irons...$125 a piece I think?

But, you signature shows you playing the MP-18SC. If they are stock, your 4 iron is 24*. A HM Pro 4 iron is 20*. You can play it as your 3!

Hot Metal Pro compared to Ping i200 in terms of forgiveness and height of ball/stopping power.

Not Snickerdog, but I can definitely hit these irons better than a hybrid.

The Hi-Fli is an option too. But a HM/HMP 4i would serve you well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

But, you signature shows you playing the MP-18SC. If they are stock, your 4 iron is 24*. A HM Pro 4 iron is 20*. You can play it as your 3!

Great idea. I'll probably go with that. Afterall, the number on the bottom of the club is irrelevant. Thanks

Back