Not sure if you have the samples but is it possible to see the HMP PW beside of the shared GW @JB

I want to hit the HL's. Once they are out I'm going to see what they can do. I think it's just such a smart club and one that is really needed in that space.

Not sure if you have the samples but is it possible to see the HMP PW beside of the shared GW @JB

Here is the 9 and GW as that is what I had on hand since I’m not near my office.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Let’s take a look at 8i. I’ve started to notice that my shots with the HMP’s are tending to have more of a draw/hook ball flight on them. But my shots with the old clubs have a tighter dispersion towards the middle.

I have a feeling a lot of that has to do with the DART 90 shafts being in the old irons. Those shafts are really good. I need to switch them out soon but I want to get more data with the HMP’s using the Recoil 95’s.

Also, if I could bottle up a swing and have it every single time it would be the last swing on this video. I'll be studying that one and working hard to repeat it.

Last edited:
how is it gapping for you?
Gapping is fine for me. I utilize all of my wedges for a variety of shots and distances. It's a 7 degree difference from PW to GW and it suits my game.

I’m showing these are no charge options in R flex

kbs Tour
Kbs Tour Lite
Ns 950 Neo
Modus 105, 115, 120
Px LZ, LS, IO
DG
DG 95, 105, 120
Elevate 95
True Temper X7
Recoil 95
Recoil ESX 469

Sweet. First place I looked was Carl's Golfland and the only shaft options it was giving me didn't include the Elevates (DG 95 was thr closest I could select).

Great to know, fellas. Thanks for the heads up. 👊

Sweet. First place I looked was Carl's Golfland and the only shaft options it was giving me didn't include the Elevates (DG 95 was thr closest I could select).

Great to know, fellas. Thanks for the heads up. 👊
That was on the TGW site.

It's time for 7 iron.
This is the one that broke my brain and made me question if the data was screwing up. For me to hit a 7i as far as I did in this video is mind-blowing. Like I can't even comprehend it. You can hear my astonishment at the end of this video. 😲

I’m showing these are no charge options in R flex

kbs Tour
Kbs Tour Lite
Ns 950 Neo
Modus 105, 115, 120
Px LZ, LS, IO
DG
DG 95, 105, 120
Elevate 95
True Temper X7
Recoil 95
Recoil ESX 469
[/QUOTE

Can’t believe they didn’t update the shafts
Let’s see if they do in the coming weeks

Went to free Mizuno fitting event at Golf Galaxy today. So excited I could not stand it, so showed up at 12:30 for my 1PM appt. Cruised around the store, hit some balls with my 921F 7 iron.
Finally a couple minutes before 1PM I try and stroll as casually as I can over to the fitting bay. Chatted with the guy for a bit as he told be to hit a few so he could watch me and I could get warmed up. After a few swings, he started explaining the fee was $90, etc etc. I explained I was there for the free Mizuno event, and showed him my email confirmation. Confusion then reigned.....he had no idea about any Mizuno fitting event, and they had not rec'vd any 923 heads yet. GRRRR. Store mgr came over, more confusion as I showed him the Golf Galaxy confirmation email. Bottom line- no fitting for me. Was less than pleased, and very dissapointed.

Swing by PGASS on the way home, and they had the fitting heads, so at least I got to look at them.

Hey Mizuno, I tried to give you some of my money!

Went to Mizuno fitting event at Golf Galaxy today. Mizuno Swing DNA suggested KBS Tour Lite Regular. We also tested Recoil 95 and Nippon Modus 105, but the KBS Tour Lite works best for my 74 MPH 7i swing speed. I tried JPX923 HL and Pro, then the Pro 223. Am still using 10 year old Ping i20 irons.
View attachment 9122820
This summary shows to me that fitting and trying the clubs for myself was very important. I've tested the Pro 223 successfully before. I continue to prefer them to any others for performance, feel, sound, looks. Thought I was going to buy JPX today, but it didn't turn out that way.

Interesting. You sure your HMP and HL data is not mized up? Seems like the HL is giving you higher ball speed even with the addtional loft, which I not what I would expect to. Also I see the HL spinning less, which not what I would expect.

And yes the chance that I just don't understand is high!

I hope this isn't getting too 'spammy' 🤐 but I'm super excited about these irons and just want to share.
Here is 6i. This is the last iron I have a direct comparison to. My old set was only 6i - GW.

This one is a little odd since I'm not seeing the same distance here as I did with 7 iron. Maybe it's because the 6i was my first swings at the sim yesterday and I wasn't fully warmed up until I hit the 7i next? I don't like this system as much as I do Trackman. I'm going to try to get to a Trackman or something similar next week to validate some of these numbers and add more data to my spreadsheets.

I'm trying to learn more about this type of data. I found a good resource (I think) to understand what 'good' spin numbers, launch numbers, etc are. Does anyone have any feedback on any of the numbers?

Stopped by the local DSG and spent some time with the club fitter. Hit the HMP. Liked but didn’t love the first time through. 223s less forgiving but numbers and feel were better. HMP is a rocket but for some reason my front to back dispersion was a bit wonky with them. Didn’t have the issue with the 223s. I’ll try them again soon but definitely waiting on the forged.

It's time for 7 iron.
This is the one that broke my brain and made me question if the data was screwing up. For me to hit a 7i as far as I did in this video is mind-blowing. Like I can't even comprehend it. You can hear my astonishment at the end of this video. 😲

I can comprehend it. They're spicy and this impact position

Screenshot_20220924-163838_Chrome.jpg

is strong. 💪

Can’t believe who didn’t update the shafts ?

I can comprehend it. They're spicy and this impact position

View attachment 9123037

is strong. 💪

:ROFLMAO:

Do you have any insight into the spin numbers? Based on a few of the resources I've looked at they seem kinda low across the board. I imagine if I get the spin numbers up into a better window then distance may level out a little lower as well. All testing was done with TP5x. I just ordered more of my security blanket ball so interested to see if those numbers change.

Can’t believe who didn’t update the shafts ?
I'm still not seeing the Elevate 95s on the TGW site either. I can't imagine that it's a lefty thing unless they are only available in the HL model (which aren't available in lefty, so far). 🤷‍♂️

:ROFLMAO:

Do you have any insight into the spin numbers? Based on a few of the resources I've looked at they seem kinda low across the board. I imagine if I get the spin numbers up into a better window then distance may level out a little lower as well. All testing was done with TP5x. I just ordered more of my security blanket ball so interested to see if those numbers change.

Well curiously your 6, 7, & 8 spin so average about 4500. It's just a number. 6i launch average about 16.5, 7 maybe 20, 8 18half-ish. Some strike variation in the numbers, but also some delivery. As long as they're getting up in the air enough and gapping well I wouldn't be stewing about the revs over other things. It's really soft where you play.

I do think some irons like this are a great match for balls that spin a little more off irons and around the greens for certain people though. Get some of those benefits as long it works well off your driver and doesn't cost you. 5x is kind of mid off irons. You could always play around with others and see what you get and what you like.

What's your securiry blanket ball? Lol

I'm still not seeing the Elevate 95s on the TGW site either. I can't imagine that it's a lefty thing unless they are only available in the HL model (which aren't available in lefty, so far). 🤷‍♂️
Not sure. I didn’t look up stiff. Only Reg flex.

1664059209496.png

Well curiously your 6, 7, & 8 spin so average about 4500. It's just a number. 6i launch average about 16.5, 7 maybe 20, 8 18half-ish. Some strike variation in the numbers, but also some delivery. As long as they're getting up in the air enough and gapping well I wouldn't be stewing about the revs over other things. It's really soft where you play.

I do think some irons like this are a great match for balls that spin a little more off irons and around the greens for certain people though. Get some of those benefits as long it works well off your driver and doesn't cost you. 5x is kind of mid off irons. You could always play around with others and see what you get and what you like.

What's your securiry blanket ball? Lol
Yeah, they are getting up in the air so I'm good there. 6i and 7i gapping appears to be backwards but that's most likely due to just being warmed up. We'll see. I wish I would have went to a Trackman range yesterday for better data. I feel like I'd have a better idea of variances in strike swing to swing and maybe make more sense of everything. Plus I just like data overload. :ROFLMAO:

Security blanket ball is PV1 and with the new irons variable I just really wanted to go back to it from TP5x I've been playing. Hopefully getting back into an extremely comfortable ball for me will help establish more of a baseline, idk. Maybe I'll get a sleeve or two of pv1x and mess around since its the spinner one? I really just need to do a ball fitting at some point, since I've never done one, and actually find out what ball I 'should' be playing.

Yeah, they are getting up in the air so I'm good there. I wish I would have went to a Trackman range yesterday. I feel like I'd have a better idea of variances in strike swing to swing and maybe make more sense of everything. Plus I just like data overload. :ROFLMAO:

Security blanket ball is PV1 and with the new irons variable I just really wanted to go back to it from TP5x I've been playing. Hopefully getting back into an extremely comfortable ball for me will help establish more of a baseline, idk. Maybe I'll get a sleeve or two of pv1x and mess around since its the spinner one? I really just need to do a ball fitting at some point, since I've never done one, and actually find out what ball I 'should' be playing.
Yeah the V1x flies higher and has more spin than the V1 does. Its a rare ball in terms of those characteristics, as most oem's "X" ball is the lower flying one.

My local shop has the tester heads in stock. Thinking I’d stop by on Monday.

Back