Mizuno MP-X Golf Balls

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Found these today, kind of intriguing in a weird and surprising sort of way....look sold out already though...

From Mizuno:

The MP-X has been unveiled to help Mizuno expand its use amongst the next generation of tour players and elite amateurs. The 4 piece construction features a dual core design, that reduces spin from the driver – suited to more powerful ball strikers. A new, thinner 0.5mm urethane cover enhances initial ball speed, while a 330 dimple configuration creates a highly efficient flight.

https://www.mizunousa.com/product/golf-mp-x-golf-ball---dozen.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=100466

260303_0000

260303_0000_01

260303_0000_02

i see this being popular with Mizuno loyalists. Outside of that I can not imagine this gains any sort of widespread usage.

• Staff
i see this being popular with Mizuno loyalists. Outside of that I can not imagine this gains any sort of widespread usage.

Agree totally, its got to be some sort of wicked short run.

I look forward to learning more about these. I tried to pick up Mizuno balls for CAA_Beat in Ireland but couldn't find them anywhere.

Agree totally, its got to be some sort of wicked short run.

My guess is it's a zero investment scheme. They just shipped stock from Europe over to see what demand there would be.

Available in North America? That's cool. I've always been intrigued by them.

• Staff
My guess is it's a zero investment scheme. They just shipped stock from Europe over to see what demand there would be.

Pretty smart, I know there are a few who wish they would do that with their golf shoes.

Interesting and good to see in a way. I don't expect them to crack into that ultra competitive golf ball market, but definitely a fun option. Any ideas on the price point?

• Staff
Interesting and good to see in a way. I don't expect them to crack into that ultra competitive golf ball market, but definitely a fun option. Any ideas on the price point?

When they were live on their website (in-stock) it was 47.99

I've got a slogan for them, "Butter Balls for your Butter Blades" :alien:

There's a local shop that might have these in stock based on the clients they advertise to. I'll check to see if I can get a box to mess around with .

Is this their first venture into the ball market?

Is this their first venture into the ball market?

First time I can remember seeing them stateside, but they've made them for a while.

They'll struggle to sell many at that price.

Any premium ball in my opinion over 39.99 is going to struggle. The average consumer is just going to say "for that price I might as well play the ProV1."

Any premium ball in my opinion over 39.99 is going to struggle. The average consumer is just going to say "for that price I might as well play the ProV1."
Yup....that's exactly right. Callaway as been able to take a (very small) piece of the pie with the Chrome Soft, Bridgestone obviously as well. But the undisputed king of the premium ball market is Titleist. I wish Mizuno the best, would love to play the ball, but can't say I'd fork over that cash or a dozen. Sleeve yes, but fat chance of them being for sale near me anywhere.

I had a dozen of these and actually quite liked them and would have played them more if I could have got hold of them locally

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Back