Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

i heard a youtube channel many of us enjoy say the 225 is their best selling iron of 2022. i can absolutely see it. it's been a ton of fun to have these in the bag, and i'm so glad i went that direction for my victory cup irons. they perform as intended on good strikes, and provide tons of help on misses. the looks and feel are superb.

Love hearing this. I know I've said it before (a few times) but I think they are the best players distance iron that have been made. When you factor in everything: looks, feel, forgiveness, distance, and distance control, they are the total package.

Love hearing this. I know I've said it before (a few times) but I think they are the best players distance iron that have been made. When you factor in everything: looks, feel, forgiveness, distance, and distance control, they are the total package.

as someone who mistakes himself as a player but realistically identifies a need for distance, i've hit a lot of player's distance irons. and i think you hit the nail on the head. the balance among footprint, offset, bag appeal, feel, and performance is best in class.

The Fli-Hi 4 iron excellent. So easy to launch and keep on line. Its the best feeling hollow iron I've ever felt.

The Fli-Hi 4 iron excellent. So easy to launch and keep on line. Its the best feeling hollow iron I've ever felt.

it really does feel great out of the middle. i have the 923 fli hi hybrid coming to test against it and see which makes more sense for gapping.

All right. Ponder started on the 2 or 3 Fli Hi.

All right. Ponder started on the 2 or 3 Fli Hi.
Can't go wrong with either one. All depends on your gapping. Personally, if I can start hitting a 3 wood I will keep my 3 Fli-Hi if not I will purchase a 2 Fli-Hi

Can't go wrong with either one. All depends on your gapping. Personally, if I can start hitting a 3 wood I will keep my 3 Fli-Hi if not I will purchase a 2 Fli-Hi
I have a 921HMP 4i which is long. The 2 might make sense.

what are you using it for?
Would primarily be off tee, punch out from the trees, and occasionally from the fairway on par 5s.

From what I have heard about your game, you might hit the 2 too far haha

I've heard these are long so bombs away!

I have a 921HMP 4i which is long. The 2 might make sense.

Would primarily be off tee, punch out from the trees, and occasionally from the fairway on par 5s.

I've heard these are long so bombs away!

i like the 2 for those needs

I got the 223’s out the closet and put against the Ping i230. Forgot how much I like the 223’s. Worked hard this year on changing my release through impact. Just now starting to see the benefits. The 223 performed better for me in this test which I didn’t think would happen. 223 will be my graphite experiment heads I think

it really does feel great out of the middle. i have the 923 fli hi hybrid coming to test against it and see which makes more sense for gapping.

923 fli hi arrived. for $137 with a recoil 95 f4 this thing looks beautiful.

40D16EFC-3703-49F4-B975-EDE214376F49.jpeg

C2808E6D-D78E-4980-849B-C9FFBCB47F03.jpeg

it feels pretty head heavy, which i like. and the head seems to want to sit just a little open at address, which is not what i expected given the design. i’m playing tomorrow and will report back.

yesterday's round with the 923 fli hi hybrid was pretty good. i used it a few times, none of which were particularly good swings. but the ease of elevation and the added forgiveness over the fli hi make this a no brainer for me at the moment. it has a decidedly more metallic feel, nothing with a carbon influence. personally, i love that. distance wise it's hard to say because i never really caught one, but i think it will gap well in between 5i and uw.

something stuck out to me in yesterday's round about the irons: durability. i have been less than gentle with these irons, and find myself in too much of a rush to give them a proper cleaning every time. the finish looks brand new to my eye. i'm beyond impressed.

something stuck out to me in yesterday's round about the irons: durability. i have been less than gentle with these irons, and find myself in too much of a rush to give them a proper cleaning every time. the finish looks brand new to my eye. i'm beyond impressed.

Agreed on that. I have beat my 225s up like crazy and they still look amazing. Haven't been able to use the 223s enough to really weigh in on that yet but I'm sure its the same way.

Has anyone hit both the Project X U and the Smoke RDX Black stock options in the Pro Fli-Hi and willing to share their thoughts?

362F0452-3CE4-4855-800D-6C0119C906A4.jpeg
823A2D28-324A-4712-B997-D854A4342D6B.jpeg

Santa came early! Only took two weeks and my new combo set arrived. Note the Mizuno baby blue ferrules. My Golftec guys didn’t know that Mizuno will swap out the black for the blue. So cool and really dresses up the new sticks. Got to check some distances and confirm loft adjustments. Glad I did, because a couple of clubs were off pretty far. Otherwise, everything is as expected. The 223’s are very similar in spin and distance to my 919 Tours. The 225’s at 7 and up are really low spinning compared to my 919 Forged. I’m playing tomorrow and Sunday, so I’ll report back how they play. Yes, down South in New Orleans it’s 80 degrees!

View attachment 9142643
View attachment 9142644

Santa came early! Only took two weeks and my new combo set arrived. Note the Mizuno baby blue ferrules. My Golftec guys didn’t know that Mizuno will swap out the black for the blue. So cool and really dresses up the new sticks. Got to check some distances and confirm loft adjustments. Glad I did, because a couple of clubs were off pretty far. Otherwise, everything is as expected. The 223’s are very similar in spin and distance to my 919 Tours. The 225’s at 7 and up are really low spinning compared to my 919 Forged. I’m playing tomorrow and Sunday, so I’ll report back how they play. Yes, down South in New Orleans it’s 80 degrees!
Yeah I didn't know about the ferrules either when other Victory Cup participants asked for them and got them 😂

View attachment 9142643
View attachment 9142644

the sticks look great!

I asked it in the Apex UW thread, so will ask it here too: has anyone hit both the Apex UW and the Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi? Thoughts? Comparison?

I asked it in the Apex UW thread, so will ask it here too: has anyone hit both the Apex UW and the Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi? Thoughts? Comparison?

i have a 19* uw and a 21.5* fli hi. the uw has a ton more pop, whereas the fli hi is more about control. if i can get the fli hi in the air, anyone can, so i think that speaks volumes to where it fits in the driving iron segment. it isn't crazy low spin, it does elevate nicely, and it's decently forgiving. fwiw i've never tried any other driving irons, i just went with this one for some gapping. i've since acquired a jpx 923 fli hi hybrid at 20*, which is making a strong case to be the better club for my specific needs.

Back