Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X Golf Ball Review Thread

Played another round with these and I can say now I see what folks are talking about with the spin. I am not ripping anything back but I am holding greens and getting closer to flags. Maybe it is because of better technique as my CSX LS are also getting better at holding greens for me now.

I was only able to get out for 9 holes yesterday, but I'm more and more convinced that these are longer off the driver for me. First drive of the day (no warmup) was 284 yards. On another hole, I put a horrendous swing on it with driver that had no business going 250 yards. It keeps surprising me because it just doesn't feel like it's coming off the face that hot. Irons and wedges are exactly what I would expect, yardage wise, but driver still feels like it's getting a little more pop.

Around the green is still my favorite part of the game with this ball. "Control" is the word that keeps coming to mind. I feel like I have more control over what the ball is going to do around the green, whether it's a chip or pitch or I'm splashing out of a bunker, I've been able to put myself in good position for a 1 putt. I just suck at putting, so I still 2-putt way too much. lol

I'll keep watching the durability and see how it holds up. I've got 12 holes on one ball right now and it's still in good shape. Hopefully I can keep it in play and see how much wear I can put on it.

Finally re-did the long iron comparison for me. Seriously emailed the csv and pdf files to someone else I think :LOL:, but the data is in there with crappy pictures.

Debating whether to play these today or not. It's so hard to judge durability on this course this time of year. Stupid leaves.

And that thought had me wondering.. has anyone asked about these ever being available in yellow? I know I didn't, because I don't play yellow so it didn't occur to me.

Debating whether to play these today or not. It's so hard to judge durability on this course this time of year. Stupid leaves.

And that thought had me wondering.. has anyone asked about these ever being available in yellow? I know I didn't, because I don't play yellow so it didn't occur to me.
Good question. I've never seen a yellow mizuno ball

We asked about alignment aides and we’re told no current plans but I don’t think anyone asked about colors.

We asked about alignment aides and we’re told no current plans but I don’t think anyone asked about colors.
#CollectiveFail :LOL:

Played 18 with the RB Tour yesterday and I think I found my first real complaint. So far I haven't played in more than a little breeze with these, but yesterday it was cool, upper 50's, and the wind was blowing about 20mph with some higher gusts. Off the tee, it would balloon up pretty bad and just fall out of air. Irons I could control a little better, but the impact from the wind was more noticeable than I expected. I lost a lot distance, but the cooler temps could have also played a role in that. I actually had a pretty good ball striking day, so I feel like I got a pretty idea of how it would play for me in the wind. Fortunately, we don't have anything much worse than that, wind wise, and I usually will just stay home if it's too windy. So not a dealbreaker for me, but I could see some folks that play in areas where it's windy more often than not having some complaints. I'm hoping to get another round in tomorrow and may throw in the Q-Star Tour a bit to see how they compare.

So I joined a new club and the local Mizuno rep is a member. These are front and center on the counter. Question is the RB tour a “low spin” ball? I prefer a softer ball but still like some some spin. Can’t decide if I want to try RB tour or the X

So I joined a new club and the local Mizuno rep is a member. These are front and center on the counter. Question is the RB tour a “low spin” ball? I prefer a softer ball but still like some some spin. Can’t decide if I want to try RB tour or the X
For me the new RB Tour was the "low spinner".

Looks like you play the B X. It should spin more than the X on wedge approach. Greenside, maybe similar. Shockingly, I don't think I've actually hit it against the X on mid or longer stuff. Actually maybe not surprising. I don't really like the Bridgestone balls that are for me, so I don't think to use them in tests. I could hit a few shots with them on Friday to see though. I feel like it's not going to be lower spin, or at least by much, but we'll see. I could do it with the MIM and an S-Taper actually. I know they have that combo. What kind of 7 iron numbers should I try to mimic?

Looks like you play the B X. It should spin more than the X on wedge approach. Greenside, maybe similar. Shockingly, I don't think I've actually hit it against the X on mid or longer stuff. Actually maybe not surprising. I don't really like the Bridgestone balls that are for me, so I don't think to use them in tests. I could hit a few shots with them on Friday to see though. I feel like it's not going to be lower spin, or at least by much, but we'll see. I could do it with the MIM and an S-Taper actually. I know they have that combo. What kind of 7 iron numbers should I try to mimic?

with the MIM tour I was about 132 ball speed with a 7iron, my 223 is the same as well.

with the MIM tour I was about 132 ball speed with a 7iron, my 223 is the same as well.
Oh you're easy! :D

I need to pick some things up and should be able to fit that in on Friday. I think. I doubt it'll be very busy, but I've been wrong before. Lol

I want to love the Tour RB and I do from everywhere but out of the bunker. This is a 54° wedge out of the bunker.
7D48C3D5-29D4-472D-92DC-C94E5BB7B271.jpeg

It played and held up really well until that shot on 16.

It performs great off the tee. Feels good off irons and putter. Responds well on the greens. Just gotta keep it out of the bunker.

I want to love the Tour RB and I do from everywhere but out of the bunker. This is a 54° wedge out of the bunker.
View attachment 9137763

It played and held up really well until that shot on 16.

It performs great off the tee. Feels good off irons and putter. Responds well on the greens. Just gotta keep it out of the bunker.
Yeah the bunker stuff is tough, but my eye is drawn to the nicks above and right off your thumb. They look like a lesser version of what I get on some not in the bunker shots that I've posted. Those would be deeper and doing the lifting fish scales thing for me. If I hit that ball those would come apart more immediately.

Yeah the bunker stuff is tough, but my eye is drawn to the nicks above and right off your thumb. They look like a lesser version of what I get on some not in the bunker shots that I've posted. Those would be deeper and doing the lifting fish scales thing for me. If I hit that ball those would come apart more immediately.
Yeah, I noticed those nicks as well, but I’m not completely sure when they showed up and from what shot I was only in the bunker once today, thankfully lol.

20221125_163814.jpg

Forget what club and ball combo I was hitting there for a second. Lol RB Tour vs. Tour B X on its way.

20221125_170858.jpg

Alright @LSMO . I hit 7 with each. I'm calling not much in it between them at the 7. Would come down to the aero and flights and personal preferences.

View attachment 9137833

Alright @LSMO . I hit 7 with each. I'm calling not much in it between them at the 7. Would come down to the aero and flights and personal preferences.

I prefer a softer ball so will probably try the tour. I will I’ve been a little put off by the durability issues. But will try a dozen RB Tour and see what happens!

I prefer a softer ball so will probably try the tour. I will I’ve been a little put off by the durability issues. But will try a dozen RB Tour and see what happens!
I'm definitely curious how they work for you. Be sure to let us know. (y)

Got a dozen of the RB Tour balls. Got to chip and putt today. I think they’re OK. They did everything OK. Weren’t my favorite feeling ball. But miles better then last year. Going to play a round on Tuesday and test them on the course

Picked up a dozen RB Tour balls and played my first round today. The ball played very similarly to my usual Snell MTB Black, with same feel, distance and spin. Will continue to play over the next couple weeks and supplement. Winds were benign today.

Got the RB Tour X out again this weekend and I really like the ball but I think I am going to stick with the CSX LS. I don't think the RB Tour X lacked anywhere but I just feel I have more control with the Callaways. Looking at some numbers over a few rounds where I played 9 with each ball I am hitting more FW and greens with the CSX LS and that is what I am basing my decision on. I could never really get these on a launch monitor but I suspect that they would be pretty close for me. I would try a sleeve or 2 of the RB Tours. I hope the next version of the CSX LS stays similar enough to the 2022 version.

Back