Mizuno ST-G Titanium Fairway Woods

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
This might be the most exciting metal wood release that we have seen from Mizuno Golf in some time. Sure, the drivers have generated a ton of success and buzz, but the fairways have always been a bit under the radar. That isn’t to say that they haven’t been good, quite the contrary, but they have certainly offered increased spin as opposed to being distance driven. Finally, Mizuno is rounding out their fairway lineup and offering that “players” option with the introduction of the new ST-G Titanium metalwoods.

Continue reading...

I know everyone's been excited for the driver, but I actually feel like this is where they're more likely to make their mark on this release. A lot of people rely on their fairway woods and one that just gets out there kind of commands attention. I'm excited to see and read some people's reactions to it. They nail looks and shapes just about every time too. Always a looker.

Last edited:
Looks very nice, I'm not the market for it but I can see how these would be great for some people. I think this will be a pretty good release for them.

• Staff
Adding a low spin fairway option is a HUGE thing for Mizuno. With this, we will get to see them flex their muscles as far as just how much ball speed CORTECH can produce.

This was a surprise for the VC crew in our video conference with Vosh and Walker last week. We learned about them from Vosh and he just kind of decided on the fly that we should get one of these too for Victoria.

I’m intrigued here as I’ve pulled 3w out of the bag this year as I really didn’t use my old one much. I struggle with spin off the tee so 3w was never an option, I’d always just go with an iron. Now I get to put this in the bag and see how well it performs! Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Those look like some serious launchers

• Staff
The more I dig deeper on this, the more that I think it is going to be a ball speed monster for those that like a FW wood off the tee.

The more I dig deeper on this, the more that I think it is going to be a ball speed monster for those that like a FW wood off the tee.
Did you take any swings with it when you were with the Mizuno crew?

Yeah, some of the things I’ve watched back that up, much lower spin than their other fairways, which is a great option to have imo. Not to mention, we know the heavy weight on the sole works, it’s proven. Plus…ball speeeeeeeed.

Did you take any swings with it when you were with the Mizuno crew?
One single swing. That was it.
I should get more in coming up when I visit Mizuno HQ in a couple of weeks.

This is very much one I plan on trading in some things at some point to grab and put next to the 💎💎💎 T head and TSR2+.

Gives me strong vibes of some of the hottest fairways ever.

these look and sound awesome. would definitely like to hit them.

These look fantastic.

My swing is hot garbage right now and not worthy.

IMG_3416.jpegIMG_3415.jpeg

I got to see and hit this on Saturday. Looks so very good, great traditional shape and deep face, I love it. It feels really really solid, but unfortunately, I hate how it sounds. Not sure how to really describe it, maybe looked a hollow plastic something or another. I was really disappointed in how it sounded because it felt and looks so so good. Maybe some lead tape or hot melt would help, but was really hoping for a more metallic crispy noise. It’s almost TM sounding, if that makes sense.

I got to see and hit this on Saturday. Looks so very good, great traditional shape and deep face, I love it. It feels really really solid, but unfortunately, I hate how it sounds. Not sure how to really describe it, maybe looked a hollow plastic something or another. I was really disappointed in how it sounded because it felt and looks so so good. Maybe some lead tape or hot melt would help, but was really hoping for a more metallic crispy noise. It’s almost TM sounding, if that makes sense.
Hoping you could elaborate on the sound. Do you mean that it's on the muted or metallic sounding side?

Hoping you could elaborate on the sound. Do you mean that it's on the muted or metallic sounding side?
Definitely more on muted side

20231019_105906.jpg

This is the one that has a real shot at my bag. It's the shape and size I like. Like the front edge look. It will get a chance to compete for the 5W spot.

I hit the 3 wood tonight. Wow, just wow! This is definitely one of the best 3 woods that I have ever hit. It looks good. It sets up so perfectly to my eye. It was producing fantastic numbers for me and it felt really good, too. This is going in my bag.

I hit the 3 wood tonight. Wow, just wow! This is definitely one of the best 3 woods that I have ever hit. It looks good. It sets up so perfectly to my eye. It was producing fantastic numbers for me and it felt really good, too. This is going in my bag.
Impressive if it beats out the G430LS. I am looking hard at this too.

Impressive if it beats out the G430LS. I am looking hard at this too.
I returned my G430LS under my 90 day playability. I was coming in on the 90 days. I never got comfortable with it. I had a couple of really good rounds with it, but more often, I had trouble finding the sweet spot. The last two rounds that I played with it, I hit it four times and on three of the shots, I left myself in big trouble, leading to bogies, so I gave up on it. I like the deeper face of this Mizuno. I have always struggled with shallow faced fairway woods. Also, the feel/sound of the Mizuno is far far better than the Ping. Even when I hit the Ping well, I was put off by the sound.

As far as numbers, the two clubs were pretty much identical for me on well struck swings on the launch monitor.

Back