Mizuno T22 Wedges

@McLovin @OldandStiff

I keep on posting about a beveled leading edge. Well, here it is on the 59 Artisan Raw. Gosh, closeup, you can really see the raw. It ain't "I am ready for my closeup" pretty. But if you play in tight conditions, it has the leading edge hugging the ground at address, which helps me because some conditions with dry fairways and hard clay ground are really tight.

One can have this done afterward on the T22, if it makes you feel more confident, and as to swing weight, it looks as if you are only taking off a few grams.

Have I noticed a difference between the T22 and Artisan? Quick Summary: I think the T22 58 is easier out of the bunker for me unless I lay the shaft back on the Artisan 59. You just have more sole width on the T22. The 58-08 C Grind as compared to the 59 Artisan is pretty much a push in other conditions. Both are versatile and easy to open up. The T22 54-08 D sits a little high in tight conditions and I tend to play the ball in the middle and stick with the basic shots on hard, tight ground. The Artisan 54 has the beveled leading edge that helps in tight conditions but it has less effective sole width in the bunker.

IMG_0815.jpegIMG_0817.jpeg

Last edited:

I watch some of his reviews. I don't always agree but for your viewing pleasure.

I watch some of his reviews. I don't always agree but for your viewing pleasure.

I enjoyed it when he said this is a really tight lie and I might prefer the X Grind. I looked at that lie and said, "Poof, what are you talking about?" And then he took the C Grind and had no issues getting under the ball. Then in the bunker," I'd prefer more bounce, "and then "that came out wonderfully."

Seriously.:ROFLMAO:

Anyone know how long custom orders on these are taking? I pre-ordered, didn't get anything crazy, just got Recoil shafts. I thought with the month head start they'd ship on release date, but not yet.

Anyone know how long custom orders on these are taking? I pre-ordered, didn't get anything crazy, just got Recoil shafts. I thought with the month head start they'd ship on release date, but not yet.
What did you order?

Went to the nearby PGATSS, and no C grinds were available. Hmmmm...

I did take an X Grind off the rack to look at it. 60-06 did not look bad - if you play it to loft and return that loft at impact, (not have the hands too far forward), it should work - nice grind. I thought about trying it.

Went to the nearby PGATSS, and no C grinds were available. Hmmmm...

I did take an X Grind off the rack to look at it. 60-06 did not look bad - if you play it to loft and return that loft at impact, (not have the hands too far forward), it should work - nice grind. I thought about trying it.

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and say it because it freaking HAS to be out on some website or other forum by now. There's been a trademark claim against the C grinds and they're being pulled for now. Assuming until that is solved. I wasn't kidding about grabbing one if you could.

Edit: yep, found where someone had already mentioned it today

Last edited:
Also, I missed a few greens today and really enjoyed my 54/08D and 58/08C re-shafted to S200 and the new grips. One bogey, and it was because of a misread on the putt. The 58C did a GREAT job on one that was buried in the long stuff greenside too. It amazes me how soft they still feel on cluttered contact.

How does copyright a sole grind? I mean it’s like copyrighting the alphabet?!!!?

only so many ways to grind a sole on a golf club.

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and say it because it freaking HAS to be out on some website or other forum by now. There's been a trademark claim against the C grinds and they're being pulled for now. Assuming until that is solved. I wasn't kidding about grabbing one if you could.

That is so odd that someone is attempting an IP claim against a grind - you can vary the grind slightly and call it something else - is someone attempting to claim the "C Grind" name? Callaway?

That is so odd that someone is attempting an IP claim against a grind - you can vary the grind slightly and call it something else - is someone attempting to claim the "C Grind" name? Callaway?

this is odd to me too. like, these grinds are all so similar it feels like it would be hard to prove in court whether the infringement really happened. but it will be very expensive to get to that point. so maybe the oem filing the suit has deeper pockets and is just trying to squeeze mizuno until they can release their own next wedge.

this is odd to me too. like, these grinds are all so similar it feels like it would be hard to prove in court whether the infringement really happened. but it will be very expensive to get to that point. so maybe the oem filing the suit has deeper pockets and is just trying to squeeze mizuno until they can release their own next wedge.

I wonder if they've waived their right to enforce whatever IP they claim since others have used C Grind and M Grind for years, they knew it, and did not enforce it. You've got to attempt to enforce it when you know it is occurring and it is your IP that is being infringed.

I've had to draft cease and desist letters to protect IP - when you find infringement, you enforce it. Or maybe they did send the cease and desist, and Mizuno said, "ha-ha."

Saw one of these in person today. They look very very good. Just on looks alone mizuno knocked it out of the park.

I did a thing

16344071331067956846703496729348.jpg

16344155395133903943148646131644.jpg

1634415581106142008583937135650.jpg

How does copyright a sole grind? I mean it’s like copyrighting the alphabet?!!!?

only so many ways to grind a sole on a golf club.

I heard this as well. I talked to a rep about it yesterday. Total bummer.. he didn’t say, and I don’t know. but I am guessing Titleist..

The short game shots with these are fantastic. I was getting good chips and short pitches. Out of the sand was easy. The one area that I had issues with was with 3/4 to full shots. I could not get a good shot with the wedge to save my life. Only one round so will check back in once I can get more time with it.

Oh X grind…I missed you. These wedges just check all the boxes for me.

The short game shots with these are fantastic. I was getting good chips and short pitches. Out of the sand was easy. The one area that I had issues with was with 3/4 to full shots. I could not get a good shot with the wedge to save my life. Only one round so will check back in once I can get more time with it.

Hitting it too steep?

Hitting it too steep?
No idea. It was a casual round so I didn't really put much stock in it without a good warm up or much a care in the world. lol

what was the miss? heavy? thin? lateral miss? what shaft was in your previous wedge?

Back