Mizuno T22 Wedges

I have been resting my shoulder for about a week and a half now. It feels slightly better and all I want to do is go hit these wedges some more but trying to resist the urge. It is tough because I really do enjoy hitting them.

Im smitten with these.

Very smitten.

and I can’t wait to REALLY talk shop on the design of them…when the time comes;)

Yup. These are good for me, and shout out the Chris and the guys at Mizuno for doing a bang up job in selecting grinds for us all as well. The 62 in X is particularly fun for me, and I hit some filthy wedges in the tournaments this weekend as we left ourselves in that 60 and in range a LOT.

The feel is better than the T20, I'm now totally prepared to say that, and I reviewed the T20 last release as well. Those had a firm note to them, that really isn't here with these for me.

Raw makes me happy, and the fact that some of you hate it makes me like it even more ;)

Still contemplating a shaft change, but, its hard to alter what is working.
I am with you on the grinds.

The 50/54 setup is spectacular with the grinds I'm rocking. I want something that squares up like an iron, I definitely don't want a ton of workability freedom in those lofts.

Im smitten with these.

Very smitten.

and I can’t wait to REALLY talk shop on the design of them…when the time comes;)
I'm having a hard time behaving as well. I really want to see them on a simulator.

Im smitten with these.

Very smitten.

i’m super excited to see and try these. all the pics look incredible.

Have 3 more rounds in the books with the T22 Wedges - they are the star of the show. I prefer to be just off the green than have anything more than a 40-foot putt with these wedges. Some roll? Bring out the 50. Chip and stop? Bring out the 54. High and stop? the 58. Mizuno did wonderful work with this series of wedges.

I played yesterday for the first time a several weeks. I also think these wedges are the star on the course. On the 18th, I was sitting in the fairway about 50 yards from a tucked pin. I tossed a tight little push draw in that dropped right behind the flag and spun back just missing the hole. My playing partner was in awe.

compared to other wedges you've played, what is it about the t22 that you guys are loving so much?

compared to other wedges you've played, what is it about the t22 that you guys are loving so much?
For me, it is literally everything. I find them to be easy to hit, easy to work, they are softer then any other wedge I have tried, and to me the faces seem to be hotter which is a big deal because I always struggle to get gapping correct. They look amazing and yes the finish is great but I am also talking about the shape and how they sit behind the ball. They spin really well too as I saw yesterday.

To answer, I looked at the T22 and an SM7. in comparison, I like the transition of the T22 from the heel to the hosel. The head shape is slightly different, the T22 has a slimmer look, and for some reason I want to say a "meaner" look than SM7, more handsome. I also like the curvature of the leading edge of the T22 - they are both slightly rounded in radius but the T22 is slightly straighter.

Feel is softer with that copper layer, and it's a softness that you can feel and appreciate. You might say, "Wow, I like that, feels so good."

Of course, you need to get the grinds that fit you.

I have about 9 rounds with them - the last 4 rounds, in Texas and Utah with the RXS ball, and I've grown more confident in them. Perhaps I am more committed to the shot with them now, especially on fullish shots.

Around the green, when I have a long chip and want to be aggressive, I will go at it with the 54, especially uphill, hit, stop, roll a foot or two. Very predictable as you learn to see what they do. The 50 rolls so well on long chips - it's predictable. Had a 80 yd shot to keep it low, could not see the flag, my playing partner said line was perfect, hit, rolled, stopped a foot before hole. Have had a couple of holeouts with the 50, the 54 has given me a lot of almosts, where the putts were gimme's. The 58 is great out of the rough and you can do anything with it - hands low, bunker, I've had a couple of almost bunker holeouts with the 58 - that's very unlike me.

On 3/4, more fullish shots, I find them very precise.

Spin - yes. I can't compare with various wedges - I find Artisan and T22's similar if that helps. As long as they do what I expect them to do on a decent swing, I'm happy. It means they are near/in the hole.

Very playable and handsome wedges. You feel confident with them.

As you know, I have the Artisans, which are beveled in 54, and 58 so the leading edge sits lower to the ground (good in Texas) and they cut off the bounce towards the back sooner than the Mizuno, but otherwise, the grinds seem similar. I may be a different player than you as to grinds. Because I have mid-bounce wedges, I think they are 7-8 of bounce in both sets, I come in shallow. If I come in steep/narrow because I get quick, the grinds don't work. Something to think about when they start digging - it means I am "off." That has helped me in my full swing to shallow out.

Let me say that I like both the Artisans and T22.:love:

Last edited:
I want these.

What I'm hearing in here ss "Yes, you HAVE TO GET THESE WEDGES!"

Do I have that right? Because I've been accused of having some very suspect ears about these things.

Last edited:
I cannot get over the images of the copper finish. Looks like art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After some conversation, pictures, and discussion yesterday, I'm in. Know exactly what I want and I

Damn, there are so many "I want (need) that" threads going right now, I can't keep up.

I need an IV full of Mizuno.

Damn, there are so many "I want (need) that" threads going right now, I can't keep up.

I need an IV full of Mizuno.

welcome to thp

Yup. These are good for me, and shout out the Chris and the guys at Mizuno for doing a bang up job in selecting grinds for us all as well. The 62 in X is particularly fun for me, and I hit some filthy wedges in the tournaments this weekend as we left ourselves in that 60 and in range a LOT.

Hey @Jman appreciate the feedback on the X-Grind. I'm looking at the 62/8 wedge as well, and just wondering if you're finding it has enough bounce on the leading edge? I'm currently playing a 60* SM8 with the D-Grind (12* bounce), so I can still open the face quite a bit while maintaining some bounce forgiveness around the greens.

Probably going to go 52/57/62, so I'll probably go high-bouce S-Grind in the 57 (15* bounce) to help with full shots, but can also supplement around the greens if necessary.

Hey @Jman appreciate the feedback on the X-Grind. I'm looking at the 62/8 wedge as well, and just wondering if you're finding it has enough bounce on the leading edge? I'm currently playing a 60* SM8 with the D-Grind (12* bounce), so I can still open the face quite a bit while maintaining some bounce forgiveness around the greens.

Probably going to go 52/57/62, so I'll probably go high-bouce S-Grind in the 57 (15* bounce) to help with full shots, but can also supplement around the greens if necessary.
For me, it has been. It’s a surprise in terms of how balanced it’s been for me when it comes to straight forward shots and manipulated ones

For me, it has been. It’s a surprise in terms of how balanced it’s been for me when it comes to straight forward shots and manipulated ones

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the impressions! I used to always have a low bounce wedge in the bag until I moved to the West coast and started playing in softer conditions so switched over to something with higher bounce. 8* of bounce in the X-Grind seems to be a nice middle ground.

I like all the loft choices

A lot of people seem interested in the appearance and wear of T22 copper wedges. After 2.5 months, a lot of practice, and 12 rounds... still softer than a baby's behind. You can see the grooves are still perfect but like any wedge, you will get face wear. These wedges will wear like a copper penny in terms of bright when new and then get darker due to hitting ball after ball in the dirt just like a Ping iron or any raw wedge. I used a light abrasive on these for the pics but I will let them go darker to develop a patina and just keep the grooves and their wedges clean. The wedge you primarily use in the sand will wear down to the steel on the sole.

I will say that pics do not do these wedges any justice - it's like the first date that looks a lot better than the pics - unusual but it happens. At address, the copper patina is very nice.

And since these have 3% boron infused with the steel, the grooves will last longer than a plain steel wedge. I owned the T20s for 18 months and the grooves were still going strong.

As to wear, if you like a clean wedge, remember the Satin Chrome has a copper layer and that will give it a soft feel.
IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_0808.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg

Last edited:
I'be not given mine a scrub but I can say they don't look much different - I will say I don't have quite the accuracy that @Desmond has - but he's been playing longer; however, I am better looking. :D

20211012_154440.jpg

I forgot to pick these up Saturday.😕 Would have been nice to hit them the last couple days.

I see sore elbows in my end of week future. :LOL:

Back