Ok - This is going to a total Skim Job however I have 3 Mizuno Wedge Questions for those that went to the Mizuno Victory Cup.
1. I "Assume" a wedge is coming in 2023 with the last 923 irons to be released.
2. I also "Assume" that wedge is the "S" series
3. What is the difference between "S" and the "T" wedges.

i don’t recall discussing this

Picked up a couple of used T22 Denim Copper wedges from eBay. 54/08 D-Grind & 58/08 C-Grind. Want to try they over the winter in the Dome and figured get used ones as I’ll be hitting range balls. Wanted to try the X-Grind however didn’t think they would work well from mats.

Ok - This is going to a total Skim Job however I have 3 Mizuno Wedge Questions for those that went to the Mizuno Victory Cup.
1. I "Assume" a wedge is coming in 2023 with the last 923 irons to be released.
2. I also "Assume" that wedge is the "S" series
3. What is the difference between "S" and the "T" wedges.
i don’t recall discussing this

What he said.

T22 ate some of the best wedges you can get bar none. The look, control, and ball strike. Fantastic clubs.

They are pretty but I went back to my pings pretty fast. They just didn’t work for me.

i have been loving my t22 wedges since we received them in the 2022 victory cup. excellent spin, but my favorite thing is the shape. it's just perfect, and i'm super picky about the shape of a wedge. the feel is a touch firm, but that doesn't really bother me in a wedge. good chips and pitches are very satisfying, it's the full swing that can feel less than soft. but performance is excellent. when it comes time to reload in the next 6-12 months these will definitely get a look.

So really trying to improve on my wedges. Particularly the 60 and 54. Trying to get better on the 60 yards and in shots. Chunking is generally the issue. I rarely thin a wedge. I can’t help thinking stance is the issue other getting too wide or too narrow so I’ve been testing different things when on the wedge range.

i'm still absolutely loving my t22 wedges. when i make a halfway decent move on the ball around the greens, the ball checks really hard even after having them in the bag for almost a year. full and partial swings when hit well are fantastic, too. out of the rough yesterday i was still making the ball dance. i know some of the aesthetics are changed in the next iteration, but i hope things like shape and grind are similar because they really nailed it with t22.

T22s are warming up. We’re not best friends right now but we’re getting in a better place. 50 and 60 wedge are really finding themselves. 54 still coming on. 60 dropped an awesome up and down over a bunker from 30 yards after a missed green today. Could be big if those come on the second half of the year.

This finish in person is outstanding! I will have to try and not steal these out of @BB Fan Girl bag when they arrive! 🤣
IMG_3382.jpeg

Well slight issue we thought T22 was inbound and the on says S23. Getting some clarification from the fitter who is on vacation. Thank you @JB for pointing that out.

these wedges are still impressing me after a year. yesterday i had a short game lesson just focusing on 25-30 yard pitches. we were using a mixture of premium balls, but the spin i was getting from the 59* on this short of a shot was still so impressive. high 4k up to 5k, and that's not even with a big cut motion. we were getting up to 5k of spin with a small draw. and the feel is just impeccable.

i'll be due for a wedge refresh next year, so i need to jump into the new t series thread and see what people are saying. these t22 have been too good for me to not give the next gen a very strong consideration.

Back