Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadspin nailed it. http://deadspin.com/why-dont-the-st...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Why Don't The St. Louis Cardinals Respect The Game?

original.gif

After last night's loss to the Dodgers in Game 3 of the NLCS, a few Cardinals players expressed dismay at some of the exuberance that was displayed by a few Dodgers players. "Mickey Mouse stuff," one called it. We at Deadspin share the Cardinals' concern for the soul of baseball. We want to see the game played the right way, which is why we'd like to see the following behavior eradicated from the diamond.
Here's Michael Wacha showing up Juan Uribe after striking him out to escape a bases loaded jam in Game 2. Wacha's just 22, so we blame his veteran teammates for not getting in his ear and letting him know that such behavior is unacceptable:
ku-xlarge.gif

Trevor Rosenthal wasn't shy about letting his emotions fly after ending Game 2 with a strikeout. Yet another example of a young kid who needs to learn how to conduct himself on the diamond:

ku-xlarge.gif

Here's Matt Carpenter leading off Game 2 with a triple before letting everyone in the stadium know who The Man is. It's just the first inning, Matt. There's still a lot of hardball to be played:

ku-xlarge.gif

Hey Carlos Martinez, two claps is plenty. That's something that his American teammates will hopefully be able to teach this young gun:

ku-xlarge.gif

Has David Freese ever crossed home plate before? This isn't the NBA, buddy:

ku-xlarge.gif

Carlos Beltran is one of the best postseason hitters in history. Too bad talent doesn't always come with an equal measure of class:

ku-xlarge.gif

It just makes you sick, doesn't it?

If the plucky, swaggering Cardinals really want to learn how to act like professionals, they'd be wise to look across the diamond, at grizzled veterans like Michael Young and Mark Ellis. Young and Ellis may be too old and too far past their primes to send the Cards packing, but they'll hopefully be able to send them off with a lesson on how the game should be played.

I guess I missed a Cardinal player doing this with a bat...

puigcalmdown_medium.gif

How can you say that even compares?

I guess I missed a Cardinal player doing this with a bat...

How can you say that even compares?

I haven't seen it because I am not sure and Cardinal can celebrate as the ball comes off the bat and still have a standup triple...

And not a barb at you directly but a barb to Cardinals fan's mentality in general, the assumption that the Cardinals' level of celebration is the right amount and anything more is too much is a perfect example of the arrogance that many fans of other teams cannot stand.

I am not saying I agree with everything the Cardinals do, at all. I am simply saying throwing the bat like that is effing ridiculous. It is way over the top and way more than any of those you showed. The Carlos Martinez one got to me a little bit, some of these things they have done I do not agree with at all.

I am not proclaiming the Cardinals are such a holy and classy team, I never said that. I simply said what Puig did last night was out of line.

I agree that it was ridiculous. Maybe more silly than anything. But for Wainwright to call it "Mickey Mouse" seems like sour grapes. I think the thing that stings most, is that the bat flip didn't hurt the result. Well, if Puig does flip and runs that out, he might have been thrown out at home.

.and it begins. It is daylight out. They actually need lights???

Geez. Apparently it is completely optional today for batters to make contact.. For both teams!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Napoli says hello!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing if Miguel Cabrera was anywhere close to normal, he wouldn't have struck out there.

Lolol.

Can't imagine the top 2 offensive teams in baseball would have such a hard of time scoring runs.

Great games so far.

Just call me...Barb

Last edited:
Not a must win tomorrow, but it's a huge game!

Just call me...Barb

This series is due for an 11-9 game, watch it happen tomorrow.

Somehow, I see a 2-1 or a 3-1 game.

Stunning how few runs are being scored!

Just call me...Barb

Thought I would help you out by giving you a suggestion for your new avatar:

sox712_zps170d32cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GO SOX!!!!!

Cards gonna win it tonight, right guys?

Yes it is, hope the cards can be better on defense tonight and hit some balls out of the park.

Not worried about the defense I am very worried about the offense though. They should be able to put 3-4 on Nolasco

I hope so hopefully Jon Jay can get a run in here

Matt Holliday with one of the furthest homeruns I have ever seen

Yeah he bombed it there, I called a homer right before he hit it booya. Maybe Puig can learn a thing there on how to hit a home run.
Matt Holliday with one of the furthest homeruns I have ever seen

Just turned on the game and I am shocked at how well cards play baseball. They really are good.

Well duh Freddie lol you have been missing out on the cards.
Just turned on the game and I am shocked at how well cards play baseball. They really are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back