Rummpd

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Low handicap player for years and a former club champ but only 2 so far. A number of eagles and an albatross (see other thread) but stuck on a couple so far with many near misses.

1983 127 yards 9 iron Sligo GC in Silver Spring, Maryland a 9 hole short course no par 5 (occurred on the 2nd hole) and is a par 32 I believe - so not sure can count this one as legit?

2007 154y 7 iron at Montgomery CC in Laytonsville,Maryland (3rd hole went in on first bounce).

Just missed years ago a 230 yard 4wood on a course in San Antonio - sat on edge-that most memorable miss.

Anyone have a bunch of these?

I have 4 if playing a single deck.

I have 10.

I know a few friends with several. Just one for me. Ugly AF 30 years ago but getting prettier and prettier as my clock runs out on ever holing a better one.

Last edited:
Nada ... came within inches, again, this week. Gonna get it soon!

Let's see... Carry the seven, round off the disappointment, aaaaannnnnnd...

Nope.
Still none.
I'm sure you'll get one, one of these days here, the way you swing. Me on the other hand, Closest I've ever come is a couple feet from the hole. hoping I can get lucky one day, but not holding my breath.

One in 1969
Two within three weeks of each other in 2008.
Anybody out there have two closer together and two farther apart???

I'm sure you'll get one, one of these days here, the way you swing. Me on the other hand, Closest I've ever come is a couple feet from the hole. hoping I can get lucky one day, but not holding my breath.
I believe in you!

I believe in you!
Thanks bro! Honestly, so do I. I'm confident with my irons and feel like i have just as good a chance as most. Just not something I focus on, as cool as it would be to get one.

Playing for 45 years and a big fat Zero. Plenty of close calls.

My wife had been playing for 3 or 4 years and has one, several close calls and missed by 2 inches last week.

That’s golf.

I've got 6. 45+ years of playing the luckier I get :ROFLMAO:

None for me. Came super close last summer when the ball landed 6 inches directly behind the cup

5, but I haven't had one since the early 2000's. 15 years off might have lowered my odds in that time period.

Good Gravy, could you spare me a few. That is some consistency
My first was in 1984 then I went about 20 years before my next one. I did have 2 each year in 2018, 2019 and 2020. None since.

I have two. I don’t remember the exact year but the first was around 15 years ago it was an 8i from 160 yards a bit downhill. The second was in 2011 it was a PW from 130 yards in a pro-am for a Champions tour event. I hit a lot of good shots before the first and frankly wasn’t playing a ton of golf between the two and had a messed up back.

There is no telling when one will go in. My son got one when he was about 13 and barely played golf with a 6i from 150 yards.

I came really close twice already this year but I never expect anything.

I look at it by club too.
Yonex ADX Tour (3 aces)
Wilson Staff Goosenecks, 1
Mizuno Grads, 1

Back when forgings were soft, lofts were high, but beer was still cold and weed was illegal..........

I have had two.

8 iron from 156 in 2016
7 iron from 173 last year

I don’t really expect any more, but will take them, although I honestly would be more thrilled to read a post by @Canadan, announcing his first one.

3 here. And about 10 others which hit pins, flags and were within a foot. First came after 27 years of playing and many so close.

I have 2. The first one was at the Thistle and the second was at Sand Piper Bay, I was with my son both times which made it even more fantastic

I have had two.

8 iron from 156 in 2016
7 iron from 173 last year

I don’t really expect any more, but will take them, although I honestly would be more thrilled to read a post by @Canadan, announcing his first one.
Oof.

I try. Mostly for you. Came close a couple times this weekend.

Back