Review Motocaddy Golf bags

billyh

Goodwill Hunter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
Owning the largest market share in Europe in the electric caddie market and selling well over 500,000 electric trollies world wide in a mere 15 years, Mottocaddy thought to bring their products to a much different US market. Four THPers are currently testing the M7 cart FOUND HERE. We were also given the opportunity to test out the bags. In doing so, we thought to give them their own thread. They are currently offering three different bags with the Pro Series, HydroFLEX, and Dry Series Cart bags. While the three bags were designed for easy use with Motocaddy’s electric carts, their features and designs can be shared with those who want to just simply walk without a “trolly”, along with the majority of golfers who tend to sit in and drive while chasing their ball around 18 holes.
We will use this thread to discuss and review all three different bags Mottocaddy has to offer state side. Join us, ask questions, and follow along with the fun!

First impressions are important as we can never get them back. Unboxing the Pro Series bag I could tell it was made out of quality materials, but with the amount of branding on it made me think of it as a NASCAR as you can see the name from every angle. Keeping with the aesthetics, the black bag with grey and red graphics look well together, but something about the white lettering throws me off.
Weight is average at 7lbs for a 14 way top with full dividers. Speaking of the 14 way top, this particular design is definitely different than what I’ve seen, but I actually like it. Colors here are really nice, but again, I’m scratching my head with the one red accent well. Along with the 14 dividers you also get a separate putter well. We’ll see if the Two Thumbs grip fits in there.
From there, the bag is equipped with 9 pockets and an umbrella sleeve. Stand outs here are the lined and unlined valuables pockets, insulated cooler pocket, and insulated external beverage pouch.
As far as looks and style goes with this bag, it’s a big meh. The features however, are what make this bag. Motocaddy did a great job with this bag and the setup of it. I love where the pockets are located, the addition of the umbrella sleeve, and the two insulated areas are all well thought out. We will see how this thing hold up long term.EEBC9626-2060-4372-A4E5-CB3713ED05F3.jpeg
93766FEF-8E83-4613-9F85-181F34029A5C.jpegF782F8B2-7223-40D5-AE7F-0F94450AB8E3.jpeg4B938F43-2579-472F-8516-55B1DA826076.jpeg

BillyH with the early start! Nice!

My bag is the Dry Series. It is fully waterproof and weighs roughly 5.5lbs. We were fortunate enough to have a conference call with the president of the US branch, and we were discussing the various bags. I thought the black and pink looked absolutely filthy, so when it came to choosing our bags, I was pretty pot committed so I went with that. No regrets at this point.
A305FB39-C14B-4DF7-BDDB-EF786D11B70C.jpeg
The bag has plenty of pocket space as you can see, end it also incorporates the patented Easilock system. Include it in your bag or two screws that you install into the bottom of the bag. Once tightened, the bag will easily fit into the bottom of the cart, providing complete stability for the bottom half of the bag. One just has to tighten the upper strap and the bag is secure.

image.jpg
image.jpg

My next round with this bag is Friday, and it will be getting the full test at a course where you need quite a bit of stability, as the cart paths are mostly sand. This will easily both test the durability of the cart in less than ideal driving conditions, as well as the overall space of the bag compared to the stand bag I had before.

Last edited:
My bag is the Dry Series. It is fully waterproof and weighs roughly 11lbs.
I thought it was closer to 5.5 lbs.

While I was watching Dick Van Dyke Show reruns on Decades MWard beat me to this thread...

I too got the Dry Series bag, but mine has blue trim (that pink looks pretty good though). When I learned I was going to be one of the lucky M7 testers I started stalking the Motocaddy website nonstop and this bag stood out to me right away. When we later got the chance to test the bags I'm happy I got to try this one. Now that it's here I think the bag looks even better in person than on the website.

As MWard mentioned this one is fully waterproof. 14 full-length dividers, 7 pockets (including 1 valuables pocket and 1 insulated food/beverage pocket), internal umbrella sleeve, and of course the Easilock base. I already nerded out a bit had to put it on the M7. While I had no problems securing my old bag to the M7 this Easilock base makes it stupid simple securing the bag to the cart (probably get more into that in the M7 thread). I'll be taking this bag out next time I'm on course.

packet.JPG14 way top.JPGside 1.JPGshoulder strap.JPG

I am mistaken! Did the math converting into pounds, but still wanted to leave it in kilograms 🤦🏻‍♂️
It happens. At least you didn't get outsmarted by a scorecard holder :facepalm:

FYI for MGI Zip Navigator users, they also have a specific cart bag for their electric carts. Lightweight and has a piece on the bottom that slides into the bottom of the Zip Navigator to lock in. Same deal as Motocaddy in that they have a Play Lite and waterproof Dry Lite. From what I see here, I like the club layout much better on the Motocaddy version.

Transferred everything in my carry bag to the new cart bag and I am quite impressed. The pockets are deep. Very much staff bag deep, depending on the pocket. With everything transferred into the pockets, I still have a side pocket completely open, and the bottom center pocket. With that pocket being insulated, I'm pretty sure I can find a few things to put in there as I walk. Quite impressive.

Wow. These look like super solid bags!
@billyh @MWard either one of you bringing this bag out on the 21st?
Would be cool to see in person.

I will be jumping in this thread hopefully later today(if session doesn't keep me here all hours of the night). But I am super excited to get this bag loaded and ready for some action.

Went and weighed my stand bag out of curiosity. My stand bag weighs 5lbs. This bag weighs 5.5lbs.

The Sunmountain C-130 weighs 7lbs, just for a reference.

Transferred everything in my carry bag to the new cart bag and I am quite impressed. The pockets are deep. Very much staff bag deep, depending on the pocket. With everything transferred into the pockets, I still have a side pocket completely open, and the bottom center pocket. With that pocket being insulated, I'm pretty sure I can find a few things to put in there as I walk. Quite impressive.
I am super excited to read your feedback on this specific bag. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

I am super excited to read your feedback on this specific bag. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

So far, I am thoroughly impressed. It should get a good workout on Friday at the worst.

I got in late last night, but when I did I had a package from MotoCaddy waiting for me.

I will make sure to get some better pictures up later, but for now I guess here is a little teaser. I cannot wait to get this on the cart tonight and test it out.

D70BCD03-ADD1-4EAF-AC21-DA5AAA022DEC.jpeg

D90474E7-6F91-43E8-A65C-26EE9122F696.jpeg

3C1DABEE-2321-4026-9942-B78CD09D117C.jpeg

Used this on Friday for my round with my M7 cart as well. It’s the small things, but I really love how every major pocket is right up front and easy to access what you need.

The amount of storage both in the front as well as if you need items on the side is also really impressive. Even when giving up the large insulated pocket at the bottom because I wanted to keep beverages cold in mid 90’s heat, I still never felt as if I was sacrificing anything to do so.

The insulated pocket for reference purposes can hold 6-7 cans. Your choice on what’s in the can. Highly recommended you pour ice in there as well. With the bag being waterproof, there was minor worry about the melting ice getting anything soaked, but that was quickly eased. The melting ice seemed to drain out the bottom of the bag, so my drinks stayed cold, but grips stayed dry.

The easilock system is simple but really effective. Once the bag slid into place, it truly wasn’t going anywhere. It never shifted out of place, yet when I was ready to load my car, it came out smoothly. I was quite impressed with how easily it held, even on not so smooth surfaces.

Few thoughts so far on the Dry-Series bag:

- Visually the bag still looks incredible to me. I liked this bag on the Motocaddy website and it looks even better in person.

- MWard mentioned the pockets and I agree with what he said. Pockets are easy to access. I can reach to the bottom of every pocket easily if ever needed, which wasn't the case with my Nike bag.

- I don't store tons of stuff in my bag but there is plenty of room for what I do carry. I have plenty of room for my bug spray hahaha.

- Zippers are smooth.

- The single carry strap is comfy on my shoulder, but the material is somewhat slippery against my shirt. I've only used the strap a couple times...taking it to my vehicle and I went to the range once. I like the way it tucks out of the way when not needed.

- Easilock system is simple to use and works great. And no, the little metal spikes at the bottom of the bag don't need to be removed when sitting the bag upright on the floor as they are shorter than the base of the bag.

- I don't plan on carrying an umbrella in the internal umbrella sleeve but I might throw some alignment sticks in there.

- This is my first bag with a 14 divider top. These are full-length dividers. So far I love having 14 full-length dividers. I have not had any snagging issues getting clubs in/out of the bag, even with my set of irons with midsize grips. The clubs are nicely spaced out. Yep, I'm a fan.

- The insulated pocket is good size. I can fit six 16.9 fl oz bottles of water in there or 3 bottles of water with my 32 oz wide mouth Nalgene bottle and still have some wiggle room in the pocket. Just for fun here are some photos:

six waters.jpgnalgene and water.jpg

Yeah this is going to happen.

The bag I have is the HyrdoFlex Stand Bag. I was interested in this one because I'm a stand bag user and sometimes we know they don't always play nice on push carts. Being that this is made by MotoCaddy, I figured it would work out just fine, and so far it has. The ONLY thing you need to remember to do is to use the strap on the bag to secure the legs. If you don't do that, the legs tend to pop out a bit. Fasten them down, and there are no issues.

Here are a couple of things I have picked up on....

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE how easy to is to remove the straps. There are 4 buckles/clips that you just need to undo and boom, the straps are off. Which makes it perfect for use on a cart.
  • Waterproofing, ok so I haven't had to test that, but I really enjoy the fact that I know this bag will not get saturated if I ever get stuck in horrible conditions.
  • I wish the ball pocket had more than 1 zipper to it.
  • The storage seems pretty good, water bottle sleeve is nice and deep.
  • The towel ring is huge, which is great, but it sits rather low on the bag so towels can touch the ground while just hanging there. As you can see on my picture below, I have them looped back through the bag handle.
  • EasyLock system rocks. It's nice not having to strap the bag in at the bottom and it keeps the bag from shifting throughout the round.

bag2.jpeg2021-06-14.jpg

Wow. That is crazy that you guys got bags also! And they look and sound really good! I like the eternal putter well on the Pro Series and the easilock base is amazing.

Wow. That is crazy that you guys got bags also! And they look and sound really good! I like the external putter well on the Pro Series and the easilock base is amazing.
The external putter well is a little frustrating to me. It's wide enough, but not deep enough for my liking. The putter sticks out WAY more than I want it to. I'm pretty sure it would be better with a 33" or shorter putter. I've used the large 14"th slot for my putters (both mallet and blade fit in there really well). I'm going to be out of town for a bit but give me a week and I'll get some pics for reference.

The external putter well is a little frustrating to me. It's wide enough, but not deep enough for my liking. The putter sticks out WAY more than I want it to. I'm pretty sure it would be better with a 33" or shorter putter. I've used the large 14"th slot for my putters (both mallet and blade fit in there really well). I'm going to be out of town for a bit but give me a week and I'll get some pics for reference.

Will get photos of mine for tomorrow for people, as I do use a 33in putter lol

Taking this one on a real cart tomorrow since I’m with friends, and I have a stupid amount of golf to be played the next few days. Get my rest in where I can!

Hip hop hooray it's finally raining...time for some "action" shots. While watching golf I noticed it started raining so I put the cover on Dry-Series bag and ran it out to the patio. That was at 5:25pm. I'll let it soak a little longer and then see if clubs and stuff are still dry 😁

bag in rain.jpgcover.jpghandle and pocket.jpg

Back