Review Motocaddy M7 Remote Electric Caddy - Forum Review Thread

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t recall it being mentioned either. It’s not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind when on courses with more slope than others
Wait until you see some of the slopes I'm dealing with!

Puttmaster

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Same. @MWard’s video would be a flat spot on our course lol. But, if we can walk it, I suspect the M7 can handle it, too.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Admittedly, it is quite nice to not be quite as gassed after a round as I would have been manually pushing. HR was a good 25-30 bpm lower on the holes that I know are a bit rough

Jaw2000

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Carbs
I think, I’d this cart has a free wheeling front wheel that’s the root cause of it picking up the slope.

i use an alphard e wheels. When i let the front wheel move free, it does the same. When i lock the front wheel it’s far less noticeable. As the back wheels compensate with the bullet in gyros

I’d the m7 a free wheeling front wheel? If so can it be locked?

personally, i leave the front open to free wheeling and just adjust slightly with the remote, just pay attention, non issue!

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I may have converted my wife...

Course is closed Monday for maintenance, but we are allowed to walk after 1pm. My parents are still in town and offered to watch the kids so my wife threw out golf as an option for us. I told her sure, she could take my M7 and I would carry. She hasn't walked to golf since she quit during 3-holers in her youth because they had to carry their bags. At first she was reluctant to use the cart because she felt silly. So I used the remote to navigate the first two holes. She then walked with the cart for a few holes and then started to use the remote to navigate. I saw her smiling as she strolled and I called her out on it! She was enjoying it! We ended up playing 11 holes before she was ready to call it quits and we strolled back to the car. She said that it was nice to walk and asked what it is like to carry instead haha. Needless to say, the M7 is much easier than carrying! I showed her how to break down the cart at the end so she could use it alone if she wants. She has some learning to do in terms of where to leave the cart for each shot, but I wasn't going to make a big deal of it on an empty course.

Battery meter was full after 11 holes and a hike back to the car. Wardy had a good video of side slope, so I made a video of the cart going up on of our steeper slopes back the car. The scraping sound is the wheelie wheel working on the path.

We saved money walking, and promptly spent it on dinner after our walk. Talk about a win.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I think, I’d this cart has a free wheeling front wheel that’s the root cause of it picking up the slope.

i use an alphard e wheels. When i let the front wheel move free, it does the same. When i lock the front wheel it’s far less noticeable. As the back wheels compensate with the bullet in gyros

I’d the m7 a free wheeling front wheel? If so can it be locked?

personally, i leave the front open to free wheeling and just adjust slightly with the remote, just pay attention, non issue!
Free wheeling front wheel, I don’t believe there’s any sort of lock on it like what you would see on some push carts.

I’d rather give it a bit of adjustment too than lose the free wheeling, if that makes sense

Puttmaster

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Course is closed Monday for maintenance, but we are allowed to walk after 1pm. My parents are still in town and offered to watch the kids so my wife threw out golf as an option for us. I told her sure, she could take my M7 and I would carry. She hasn't walked to golf since she quit during 3-holers in her youth because they had to carry their bags. At first she was reluctant to use the cart because she felt silly. So I used the remote to navigate the first two holes. She then walked with the cart for a few holes and then started to use the remote to navigate. I saw her smiling as she strolled and I called her out on it! She was enjoying it! We ended up playing 11 holes before she was ready to call it quits and we strolled back to the car. She said that it was nice to walk and asked what it is like to carry instead haha. Needless to say, the M7 is much easier than carrying! I showed her how to break down the cart at the end so she could use it alone if she wants. She has some learning to do in terms of where to leave the cart for each shot, but I wasn't going to make a big deal of it on an empty course.

Battery meter was full after 11 holes and a hike back to the car. Wardy had a good video of side slope, so I made a video of the cart going up on of our steeper slopes back the car. The scraping sound is the wheelie wheel working on the path.

We saved money walking, and promptly spent it on dinner after our walk. Talk about a win.
Great post - thanks for sharing. Glad you had an enjoyable couple outing, too. And, that degree of incline looks very familiar!

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver

I remember the first few times I head that noise from the back wheel I was thrown off. Now I know it's just that anti-tip wheel and things are working as planned. And that is awesome about your wife. I'm still shocked mine wouldn't use it for her last round. I might just end up suffering a normal push cart one night and make her try this one out. Because it is just so much easier on the body than carrying and feels even better than pushing.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in