Music on the course

KeepGolfSquiggy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m curious to know everyone’s thoughts on music being played on the course. Does it bother you ? Does certain music bother you ?? Don’t care ??

I play rock music when I’m golfing by myself. However, when I’m with my homies, we don’t play music because we are talking **** and cutting up. If we get paired up with folks and they play music, it doesn’t bother me.

Music is completely okay with me. My normal group doesn't really play it, but I have it on every time I go out by myself

For the vast majority of my rounds I will have the soundchuk on and enjoying some tunes. I always ask about it before the round with folks who are playing with me and keep it at a reasonable level. No need having the folks who don't like it annoyed with me...

My friends and me often listen to music late in the year (November etc) when it's kind of silly season. Almost anyone who has joined our group has liked it and even made requests

We probably wouldn't do this during the mid summer when there's a lot of matches and stuff going on.

FWIW I am at a private club

I don’t prefer it, but if someone wants to listen, I’m usually ok with it.

I have 5 "albums" that I have duped and rotate them while playing. If others in my group don't like it I'll turn it off.

I usually play public courses. I probably play music 50% of my rounds. You won't hear it a few steps from the cart though, I'm not trying to play DJ for the rest of the course.

If I play by myself I put it on. If I go with someone I don’t know I don’t put it on. If they are playing music, I’m fine with it but if it’s crap I’ll tell him no.

The other thing is volume. Keep it so that you can hear it, not the people 4 holes in front of you…. Show that you’ve played golf before.

Doesn't bother me. I will sometimes listen to it and sometimes not. If with a group of randoms always ask if they care or not.

Classic rock playlist, usually when I’m walking. When I’m with a buddy, it’s usually their playlist and such.

I absolutely love it.

I prefer golfing without when with others, but will sometimes jam an earbud in if playing by myself. I don't mind the thought of music on the course, it just seems that the people I get paired with that play music select genres I can't stand (mostly modern country).

No issues with it. Listen to what you want and enjoy the round.

I have a Bluetooth speaker attached to my golf bag, and I play music (at a reasonable level) if I'm in the mood for it. Really, I'm good with it, and I'm equally good without it. If your playlist sucks, I'm better without it. :ROFLMAO:

I usually play public courses. I probably play music 50% of my rounds. You won't hear it a few steps from the cart though, I'm not trying to play DJ for the rest of the course.

THIS! ^^^^^^ I detest overly loud music on a golf course for the same reason that I hate boom cars, or whatever the term is for them now. I don't want to listen to your music so don't force it on me! Also, I don't know where this need for music during every waking moment of the day comes from! I like music as much as anybody, but I also enjoy the quiet times.

Me also. I try have music playing but from 30 feet away, I doubt a person can hear it

Hate it, a golf course is/was my escape from everyday BS. You can get off my lawn too.

Back