Black star is great quality amp at a great price. And it has loads of overdrive, not orange range but it does have a lot

I only use it for recording, so it's got more than enough gain for me. Sounds way better and more 3D than amp sims, which is all I really wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaned out my alto and tenor saxes tonight - they've been sitting for a little while, so they needed the TLC. I need to get back into playing, and with the lady out of town for the week this would seem a good time. Luckily I have a few sealed reeds for both, so I should be able to jump right in!

Musicians???

So I'm getting another les Paul soon, this one is a 2013 traditional in caramel burst. I like caramel burst because it looks like a faded cherry burst. In person it's more reddish brown than light Brown.

MZUAIDz.jpg

vV1C26l.jpg

DhYq1gK.jpg

The one on the right is mine, the one next to it is my friend's 1960 reissue. I will be adding all ages parts to it to give it a 50s vibe. I also got a set of boutique hand wound PAF replicas with nice aged nickel covers (creamtone A3). I'm excited to make t look like this.

KfjhZSW.jpg

This is my current les Paul with all the historic parts

k5lyYUk.jpg

MXrwxDt.jpg

Play guitar - Taylor 214 CE. Mostly self taught with Youtube tutorials. Can only really play tablature style and strumming only. Very little in the way of soloing or scales. Probably have maxed out what I can do on my own and should get a teacher to take me to the next level.

Play guitar - Taylor 214 CE. Mostly self taught with Youtube tutorials. Can only really play tablature style and strumming only. Very little in the way of soloing or scales. Probably have maxed out what I can do on my own and should get a teacher to take me to the next level.

If you ever want to jam, I'm in!! My 8 year old son is learning to play the drums, too. It'd be a hoot, lol!

I could teach you a bunch, too. Been playing for 25 years, had a band in college, etc...

Don't know if anyone in this thread is a former marching band member like I am, but here's my daughter's band's Nationals performance from this weekend. They came in 2nd place out of 15 bands in their division, the winning band was less than a tenth of a point in front of them. Disappointing for the kids, but they had an amazing show (and YES I'm partial to the drum feature :act-up:)

Only just seen this thread now for some reason! I've been playing guitar in bands since I was a wee man, but as I've got older the thought of spending 6 weeks in a van and sleeping on floors doesn't do much for me! The last band I was in Crooked Little Vein had recorded (what I thought) was a really good record but just never got to put it out for a myriad of reasons. But I still listen to it quite a lot and smile at the memory of good times, late nights and too many beers! I don't know if the link will work, but will give it a shot anyway.....

https://soundcloud.com/crookedlittlevein-1/lullaby-mastered

So when my church put out a net call for musicians a few weeks ago, I finally decided to stick my neck out there and get back to playing guitar in public again. One change about going from playing alone on stage to playing as part of a band...I needed some monitors. Found these for $50, and they are really nice so far (about midway through the burn-in).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015S2I6A0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I'll try to remember to put up another review once I use them on stage, but the sound is super clear. The bass is lacking a little, but in terms of being able to pick out an instrument from the mix, they offer a ton of clarity. Right now I need to remember I'm using them for monitors and not headphones, so the raw experience is less important than being able to hear what I need to in a mix.

So when my church put out a net call for musicians a few weeks ago, I finally decided to stick my neck out there and get back to playing guitar in public again. One change about going from playing alone on stage to playing as part of a band...I needed some monitors. Found these for $50, and they are really nice so far (about midway through the burn-in).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015S2I6A0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I'll try to remember to put up another review once I use them on stage, but the sound is super clear. The bass is lacking a little, but in terms of being able to pick out an instrument from the mix, they offer a ton of clarity. Right now I need to remember I'm using them for monitors and not headphones, so the raw experience is less important than being able to hear what I need to in a mix.

Do you use avioms for your in ear monitors? Those were nice because they had separate eq controls to add more bass etc. currently I'm playing at a church that does a rock service at a theater so no longer have to use my isolation cabinet or in ear monitors and it's so awesome.

gIYsggd.jpg

Pretty sure they used avioms...I haven't actually used the monitors, since I've mostly played acoustic rather than full band services. I don't mind using monitors, wedges or in-ears, but if I have to choose between them and listening to someone play an electric drum kit, I'd rather have monitors. Electric drum kits sound like someone getting in a fight with a Tupperware cabinet from the stage.

Trying to choose between Cherry Red and Brown Sunburst is killing me. Sunburst is a classic that never goes out of style, but something about the red just calls my name.

Trying to choose between Cherry Red and Brown Sunburst is killing me. Sunburst is a classic that never goes out of style, but something about the red just calls my name.

On a Les Paul? Sunburst every time, baby!

Musicians???

On a Les Paul? Sunburst every time, baby!

You know what, I love my cherry sunburst, but If I were to do it all over again, I would have bought a light burst or honey burst

I'm buying this here guitar next month:)

Uw4IGcM.jpg

OfGIIAv.jpg

The answer is both, of course. Haha

On the hunt for a telecaster. Anyone messed around with a Fender Modern Player Tele? Seems like a great guitar for the price. Haven't played an electric in a dog's age, but really want to get back into it.

I have an Epi Nighthawk which I haven't played in years. Things called life and golf keep intruding.

I've been in some jams, no bands, and I like rock stuff from Elvis, Stray Cats, U2, Nirvana, and Dishwalla and everything in between.

"Santa" just bought my son his first guitar - a smaller classical that actually stays in tune. Santa was sick of his son playing his California Strat, dropping the low E to about a B "'cause it sounds funny" (at least play some old Soundgarden or QOTSA if you're going to drop it that low!), and otherwise messing with all of the amp settings.

Played this puppy today for the first time in over a year, and am pleased to say I still sound pretty good! Only problem is that only lasts for 25 minutes or so haha. Need to play more often and build up the stamina again!

8ad90671fda23212faf26385b223a245.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So I'm a moment of weakness, I ended up buying a set of WolfeTone Dr. vintage pickups. They are some of the best PAF style pickups on the market and are custom hand wound. I love the Gibson 57 classics but they lack clarity and honk that the PAFs have also the stock Gibson had chrome covers and j wanted nickel

You know what, I love my cherry sunburst, but If I were to do it all over again, I would have bought a light burst or honey burst

I'm buying this here guitar next month:)

Uw4IGcM.jpg

OfGIIAv.jpg

Looks real nice! I have a cherry burst that I got years ago and put the limited edition 1959 Joe Bonamassa signature Seymour Duncan's in... It's real nice. I agree with you though, today I would have gone lemon burst!

Looks real nice! I have a cherry burst that I got years ago and put the limited edition 1959 Joe Bonamassa signature Seymour Duncan's in... It's real nice. I agree with you though, today I would have gone lemon burst!

My cherry burst is getting these WolfeTone Dr. Vintage pickups that I just bought and the caramel burst will get the CreamTone A3 deluxe, I've never messed with boutique pickups before so this will be a great experience

Back