My Fiance wants to buy me a putter as my wedding gift!

I vote for a Bettinardi or a Seemore.

My opinion.

www.mycustomputter.com Give her the model and specs, and let her designit. Because she is personally designing the putter for you, it will mean more to you than you may know right now.

Private Reserve SeeMore. Not only do they do the SeeMore thing, they are the limited premo's.

Scotty Camerons are good until you step outside the bubble and realise that for a lot less money you can get a whole lot more. IMHO.

Lots of love for the Bettinardi putters here so they should be tried out but i'm a scotty man myself so you have to try them out also. As you said its a personal club so go roll a few and see what you like

Awesome gift idea. I love it- good luck with your choice!

Lots of love for the Bettinardi putters here so they should be tried out but i'm a scotty man myself so you have to try them out also. As you said its a personal club so go roll a few and see what you like

Swung by the only place that as carries Bettinardi around here, but all they had was a bunch of older Mizuno-branded ones. Going to wait until the beginning of April for the SC Select Black's to come out and roll them side by side with the Odyssey, Ping, SeeMore, and YES -- maybe I will even give the Nike Method's a look

Swung by the only place that as carries Bettinardi around here, but all they had was a bunch of older Mizuno-branded ones. Going to wait until the beginning of April for the SC Select Black's to come out and roll them side by side with the Odyssey, Ping, SeeMore, and YES -- maybe I will even give the Nike Method's a look

sounds good make sure you report back on your findings. The SC Select Black's look brilliant

After seeing something in this thread I'm reminded about another great putter maker. I can only speak to the beauty of his putters as I haven't gamed one as of yet... Unfortunately.

Lajosi Putters. Yummy.

Congrats on you upcoming wedding and congrats on having a great bride who realizes what a great gift this is. I too echo that this just comes down to the putter that eventually rings you bell the loudest, I know all of us here envy you as you get to go through the process of choosing a special flat stick.

Love the look of the new Scotty's, but now I'm a Seemore convert.

I think if this was me getting the putter as a wedding present. I would want something very special and that would last for the rest of my life. I would go with something like alot of the MC 2.0 guys are doing with kids names. I would have it engraved with the date or something special. I think milled is the way to go. An insert would be nice, but I don't think the looks of it would last a life time. I know cost might be an issue, but I don't think you will regret the cost of it, but regret not getting what you want.

One last thought. I don't know if you plan on using this putter every day, but if I had a special putter like this. I think I would just add it to my collection and play it every so often. I wouldn't want to mess it up.

I think if this was me getting the putter as a wedding present. I would want something very special and that would last for the rest of my life. I would go with something like alot of the MC 2.0 guys are doing with kids names. I would have it engraved with the date or something special. I think milled is the way to go. An insert would be nice, but I don't think the looks of it would last a life time. I know cost might be an issue, but I don't think you will regret the cost of it, but regret not getting what you want.

One last thought. I don't know if you plan on using this putter every day, but if I had a special putter like this. I think I would just add it to my collection and play it every so often. I wouldn't want to mess it up.

Exactly. She asked what club I wanted the most. I need new wedges the most, but wedges wear out. Putters are timeless. Even if 10 years from now something revolutionary comes out, the putter I choose will be timeless.

Scotty's online custom shop doesn't allow for number engraving - so I will have to figure out where I can get the date engraved

Exactly. She asked what club I wanted the most. I need new wedges the most, but wedges wear out. Putters are timeless. Even if 10 years from now something revolutionary comes out, the putter I choose will be timeless.

Scotty's online custom shop doesn't allow for number engraving - so I will have to figure out where I can get the date engraved

Maybe you could find a local shop or jewelry store that could do it.

If you're looking for feel I'd recommend a one piece putter. Scotty Selects have good overall feel, but removable weights and rubber o-rings compromise pure feedback IMO. I prefer the older Scotty models feel wise... Why not custom order a putter to your desired shape, headweight, stampings, etc? I went through dozens of over-the-counter Scottys and Bettis but never felt completely satisfied. This past year I converted to custom putters-- Ping Wrx, Byron Morgan, and C&L. For the same price as a new Cameron or Bettinardi, you can have a more solid putter made for you.

Special occasion bro! Consider a custom putter, a lot of guys out there that make you a gamer or collectible piece or both in one for the same price of a Scotty or other high end production putters that a bunch of other people will have. Check out Byron Morgan, Tom Slighter, or 350 Milled. Those are some of my favorites! Custom stamps and engraving could make it really special.

Jim furyk won the FedEx with a $39 putter. Good and sound don't have to equate to expensive.
100 % correct. They say he bought it in a pawn shop. What was he doing in the pawn shop? Damn sure he wasn't looking for a putter to win $10,000,000.

100 % correct. They say he bought it in a pawn shop. What was he doing in the pawn shop? Damn sure he wasn't looking for a putter to win $10,000,000.

It was at a pro shop somewhere in Mass, he was looking for putter when he went in, the story was on espn.com at some point. Paul Szep actually traded the putter in, I believe it was a Yes Sophia and Furyk said it had a nick on it that helped him line up putts.

Back on topic though, another vote for going custom. Lajosi, TP Mills, Betti, NC...you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Last edited:

Never Compromise have 4 character engraving. Something even like the year would be kind of cool.

So I am 99.9% sure that I am going to get the new Scotty Select (Newport 2) when it comes out in about 2 weeks. I was looking at SC site and was looking around the Custom Shop section and it looks like, for a fee, send in my putter to get it stamped/engraved to personalize it (put my wedding date).

Has anyone used the SC customer shop before? How did you like the work?

Is there someone else out there that does better work? Anyone local to Central NJ?

Last edited:
I ended up getting a 2011 Studio Select Newport and sending it to the SC Studio

Here is what I haddone:

Services
Personalization:
Initials - JAL / Dancing / separated by periods
First Name - 4-21-12
Last Name - LUKES
Shaft: Reuse My Original Shaft
Grip: Custom Shop - White/Blue
ShaftBand: Custom Shop Turbo Blue
Shaft Length: Keep As Is
Loft: Place Back To Original
Lie: Place Back to Original
Headcover: Scotty's Custom Shop Select - Turbo Blue
Paintfill: Black,Translucent Blue,Translucent Red

Special Instructions
Black lettering on the 'scotty' and 'cameron' on top/sides of clubhead . Translucent Blue Dots. Translucent Blue lettering on
the bottom of the club except for ''Titleist'', which should be Translucent Red. Translucent Blue Front initials and Bumper
Stamping

I got my shipping confirmation from the SC Studio so I should be getting my putter delivered tomorrow! I will update this thread with pics!

I ended up getting a 2011 Studio Select Newport and sending it to the SC Studio

Here is what I haddone:

Services
Personalization:
Initials - JAL / Dancing / separated by periods
First Name - 4-21-12
Last Name - LUKES
Shaft: Reuse My Original Shaft
Grip: Custom Shop - White/Blue
ShaftBand: Custom Shop Turbo Blue
Shaft Length: Keep As Is
Loft: Place Back To Original
Lie: Place Back to Original
Headcover: Scotty's Custom Shop Select - Turbo Blue
Paintfill: Black,Translucent Blue,Translucent Red

Special Instructions
Black lettering on the 'scotty' and 'cameron' on top/sides of clubhead . Translucent Blue Dots. Translucent Blue lettering on
the bottom of the club except for ''Titleist'', which should be Translucent Red. Translucent Blue Front initials and Bumper
Stamping

I got my shipping confirmation from the SC Studio so I should be getting my putter delivered tomorrow! I will update this thread with pics!

That sounds awesome, cant wait to see it!

New york golf in lawrence has a great selection and service

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Also really like the colour choices.

New york golf in lawrence has a great selection and service

That's exactly where I picked up the putter. FedEx man just turned down the street. Should be here any minute!

Back